1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

10 things for official relase

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Penguin, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

hi,ssl early or later must have the famous and waited official realase.I'm not a big expert on games but i guess that a game that have to be official realsed have to be complete.Well i think that,istead adding new contents (that are great don't think that i hate new stuff kyle is doing great) kyle shoud fix all the problems/imperfection that the game has.Here,with my long experience with SSL,i'll try to put all this problems in a thread.

1:fix firing range: thats easy,now that wind is used in most of games we should be able to have it in firing range,just like ssl2 so we can understand how to use some particular weapon also with different winds power.
    Another thing that firing range need is the "More tank option".If there will be this option it would be easier to understand new weapons.For example how some weaps like "static" and more works.That are 2 easy changes that would make firing range usefull.

2:fix all modes xp: there are very much modes and that's a good thing.I hope there will be more in future but actualy,when a new mode come out, it is just played for the first 2 days and then everybody returns to the old and dusty death match.plz make all modes give the same xp,that would bring way more variety to the game with just 5 min of working.
    ps: a good mode would be "random mode". that gives a bit more xp than all other ones so people would play a bit of every game mode (that was a great idea of Kchamp,he said it somewhere on the forum 5/6 months ago but he never added it)

3:fix skill rating: skill rating is a great thing that actualy give you a reason to win.But how it is skill rating doesn't mean really much for the players and don't mean really much about skills.I think that,when you win or lose a game,The game should calculate the skill shots that you did and give you more skill points if you win and making you lose less skill points if you lose.Infact skill point and skill shot have both skill inside it.
    Another thing that would increase the meaning of skill rating is the"daily skill reward".For example once a day,you get some xp that would work like that:

skill rating 1200: 10xp a day
    skill rating 1300: 15 xp a day
    skill rating 1400: 25 xp a day
    skill rating 1500: 30 xp a day
    another thing that is really important is beeing able to "choose" in a game if you want to skill rate or not.Cause sometimes high lvls do 100 hp games to lvl up unmaxed weapons and if skill rating becomes important we wouldn't anymore be able to lvl up weapons with that game.(and sometimes you don't want to do challenging games but just relax)

4:fix weapons:
    1:guns must work on bumpers.
    2:master beam have to be able to take targets in marksman or take crates.

5:fix daily spin: good idea,but god make it a bit better!already really much people said that"it need to power up every day you use it in a row" and that's a great idea. maybe that it gets alaways better till you reach 10 days in a row then it stays the same.Maybe with x2 gears and 250 xp istead of the 2 "x"

6:fix items lvl up:http://www.shellshockliveforums.com/threads/item-upgrades.12186/ great ideas here.Honestly talking items are just sad :/

7:fix tournaments: i already made a thread about this topic.here a resume
    -be able to use all modes
    -skill rating bigger realation:a tournament is something that means challenge and competion so it should be more related to the skill rating
    -more xp: die first round +8 xp, die second round + 16 xp,die third round + 32 xp,win +64xp (depends also with the hp,just need to be higher)
    -achivements realted to it with a weapon reward
    -clan tournaments

8:fix clans:what about clans?well i think that clans should have a skill rating too!but wait,you gain and lose skill points just in clan tournaments not in every game(that would be awfull!). +
    -notifications when a clan member send a message on the clan chat
    -clan leader boards about xp and skill points
    -IN clan leader boards about xp and skill points
    -don't need to wait 300 secs to send a message,i mean i don't think that anyone spams useless messages on his own clan!
    -challenges about clans: example: challenge named "who is the boss" beat 5 times your clan mates to show who rules!or beat 10 rival clans ecc.

9:fix gear shop:well there isn't much things in gear shop: here things to add in it:
    -items:that would keep gear shop alaways alive! i would buy without thinking 2 times some teleports 10 gears each.
    -game mode: well it would be nice to have a gear shop buy game mode that cost like 1000 gears.
    -black theme color,i still don't know why it's not in game :/ cost 400 gears (it's cool need an high price)
    -daily spin luck booster:give 10% chance to spin it again! cost 500 gears.That would feet perfect with the daily spin fix
    -tank upgread:you can buy 1 that cost 200 gears.So,when you are finaly lvl 100,you can see the upgread three TOTALY full :D
    -1 Very strong weapon that cost 2000 gears.Omega strike a black and gold weapon that is badass.
    -DELUXE: why ssl2 have it and ssl steam still don't........ give 5 bonus weapons,x2 xp,maps,tank parts and the emblem.
    note: the 5 weapons doesn't have to be OP but at least average ones.
    1000 gears: 1 month deluxe
    2500 gears:3 months deluxe
    5000 gears:1 year deluxe
    10000 gears:life time deluxe
    -custom map 3000 gears

now you have a reason to move your mouse on the Gears for a LOOOOOOONG time.Even you Sub zero and Google :p

10:fix single player: missions are cool,like really cool part of the game.What about beeing able get xp from 3 of thems (random a day) so we would have some meaning in single player too?

xvio, Taylor, Holy2334 and 2 others like this.
  2. xXTacocubesXx

xXTacocubesXx Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

1. I agree

2. I guess there really doesn't need to be any changes to the xp multipliers. I personally wouldn't mind points mode being nerfed a little to further discourage stacking games.

3. I don't know if the game can detect if you did a "skill shot" something like an arc shot that you did in 100 wind (Easy enough, but I won't give away the method for you ruler users out there if you haven't figured it out yet.). But that daily skill xp reward could be nice. It would probably go better along with the daily spin wheel though. Perhaps some sort of league system could eventually be put in place where people with higher skill ratings get access to higher tiered tournaments and stuff. Just a thought.

4. I agree completely. I'll say again while in rebound or marksman, it's okay to have an impossible shot in a given situation. But there should not be a weapon that is impossible to use under all situations in those game modes.

5. The spin wheel is okay as it is but I guess it could be a bit better. I also wouldn't mind if the 'x's are removed.

6. I like the ideas but I don't like giving even more power to the elite. But of course, the host can turn off items so he'll have no one to blame but himself, really.

7. I like the tournaments mode but could use some overhauling. I agree generally with what you said here. Spectating for those waiting to start a round or consolation matches for losers would help people stay in the tournament lobby without getting bored. Plus, there needs to be an option to reset the tournament.

8. These features probably wouldn't hurt.

9. I mostly agree except deluxe. In my opinion, the leveling is fine as it is. No need to give people the option to buy deluxe so they can reach level 100 in a couple months or so. Besides, there's already settings you can turn on in the game that emulates around the same xp you could earn as a deluxe in SSL2.

10. I agree single player could use an overhaul. Maybe someday there could actually be a story mode with a real story, unique enemies, allies, and bosses (That aren't all tanks, there could be monsters or floating alien spacecraft) on top of the missions that we already have. I bet kChamp or someone creative on forums could come up with a good story. It could be like a turn based RPG but with tanks. I could see this being innovative. This could be like the final project before official release, whenever that happens. This is just another thought.

Penguin and Taylor like this.
  3. SubZero

SubZero Sergeant First Class (9) Member

18k gears. Good ideas tho Penguin

Penguin likes this.
  4. ComplexOri

ComplexOri Sergeant (7) Member

One REALLY important thing you forgot to add:
    Every single level should give you a weapon! Without this how can this be the official release? lol:p

5. Goomba

Goomba Sergeant First Class (9) Member

1. Firing Range could use some work, but it serves its purpose and doesn't NEED to be updated for official release. What is needed though are weapon descriptions so that players know what weapons do. Firing range would be a good thing to update though.
    2. I don't know if the XP itself should change, but maybe each day could host a special day that gives extra XP for a given game mode, to give more love to it. Also a random game mode would be perfect.
    3. I wouldn't mind if it is adjusted or not, I just don't think that a game influenced so heavily by luck and grinding should have a component named "Skill Rating" since it's hardly skill, it should rather be "Victory Rating" or something. An XP bonus, or some incentive would be nice.
    4. I'm not sure, I like having the idea of one weapon that is unique and goes through bumpers, so long as it doesn't show up in One Weapon Rebound Mode. It adds a unique element to the weapon. The Beam weapons definitely need to break targets though.
    5. I'm all for this, I've suggested before to adjust the daily spin to reward coming in consecutive days, and having a variety of rewards available.
    6. Of course I'm for this, I made a thread. If this isn't implemented, there should at least be a visual change so there is some incentive to leveling up items.
    7. There just needs to be a lot added with tournaments in general. I don't think it needs to be before official release, but there should be a large tourney update shortly after release for sure.
    8. Clans are pretty bare right now, it's basically a group of friends that have a cool tag above their name at the moment. There need to be clan features, at least an invite option, perhaps voice chat, messages, etc.
    9. The gear shop is due for an update. There haven't been items added in a very long time, and it would not be hard at all. I agree with purchasable items, although it does take away from the luck tree a bit, the other stuff is alright, the list of things that could be added to the gear shop is endless.
    I'm all for the Deluxe addition, so long as the game stays free and gears are NEVER made able to be bought with real money.
    There need to be some things in the gear shop that you have to put a great deal of saving towards.
    10. Single player is nice until you finish it forever and never return. So you forget it's there. You should never forget a game's single player mode. So it obviously needs stuff added.

Going at this rate though, all of this stuff will be added before official release though. We can look forward to official release in five years :^)

Taylor and xXTacocubesXx like this.
  6. xvio

xvio Civil Servant Moderator

You bring up a lot of valid points, @Penguin.
    Adding onto to fixing the skill rating, I personally would love the ability to choose whether or not I join what might be called a ranked game. Eventually, I'd like there to be a way to get randomly matched with players of similar rating and/or skill in these said ranked games. I can't imagine the daily xp itself being all that worth it. I'd much prefer some sort of customization or the like, that players with higher skill rating might be able to employ.

Qpozcvuu, Penguin, banna and 2 others like this.
  7. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

yhea,prestige ones in a particular way,this ??? are awfull xD

thx to everybody for the suggestions!

Taylor likes this.