1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

2 New Items:Portal and Bumper

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ComplexOri, Jul 8, 2016.

?

Do you think these items would be useful to the game?

1. Yes, both of them should be in the game.

2. Yes, but only the Portal item should be in the game.

3. Yes, but only the Bumper item should be in the game.

4. No, these items would get too annoying.

5. No, these items are terrible.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ComplexOri

ComplexOri Sergeant (7) Member

Portal: Randomly places 1 set of portals on the map. If it is used again or there is already portals, it will replace them and the old ones will disappear.
    Bumper: Randomly places 1 bumper line or bumper circle. Up to 2 bumpers can be on the screen until the oldest one is replaced by the newest one.

You can only use the items when you are allowed to move, like Jetpack and Teleport, so you can't mess up other people's shots.

The higher the levels are of the item, the bigger it is. The Portals will be bigger so it would be easier to hit through it, and the Bumpers will be longer/bigger so it would also be easier to hit.

The main point of these weapons are for extra 5 xp, practice, and helping your weapon out.

Mr Synikal and Taylor like this.
  2. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

Very cool ideas Complex. These seem like good suggestions and should be a nice addition. I like how it only affects your shots so if you want to test your skill at a few more xp, you could.

Possibly these could become available after reaching a certain goal in-game such as maxing all items, reaching a certain level, or something along those lines.(Just trying to think of something lol)

Would be nice if select items were available to toggle on/off with as these could also be out into that field if the host didn't want it available to others.

3. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Corporal (5) Member

I like the idea, and I think it would be cool to see in the game

4. Blue Phantom

Blue Phantom Sergeant (7) Member

Taylor likes this.
  5. Spur Kee

Spur Kee Private E-1 (2) Member

This would be pretty cool to see in game!

6. ComplexOri

ComplexOri Sergeant (7) Member

The reason I think that it being random would be best is because people would make a bumper on them until it is a circle bumper and shield them on all shot or place the best positioning of a portal to make Mama Seagull do over 50o.

7. Ruleaus

Ruleaus Private E-2 (3) Member

I know everyone is saying it's a good idea, but I personally don't think it's beneficial enough to put in the game. Just putting random portals and bumpers on the map doesn't do much at all for the item user; it's not very useful at all. Firstly, no item should be added to the game just to give players an XP bonus. Secondly, if it's for practice then it should be a feature added to the shooting range. Lastly, for helping your weapon out....it doesn't help your weapon out hardly at all. At least not that I can think of. Best use I can see for it is to somehow make your opponent's shot harder for your own protection and that just stinks compared to shield where it's 100% invulnerability for 2 turns.

So, sorry, but I'm going to have to vote down.