1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

A few more questions answered (By kChamp himself)

Discussion in 'General Game Talk' started by Taylor, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

So last night after 10 PM I logged on to my kongregate account to see kChamp was online playing Vortex Wars 2. (I saw this because I have him added on kongregate so if hes kongregate I would know from my friendlist. Anyone can add him and do that though.)

I logged onto see him alone on the game chat via kongregate so I said hi. To my surprise I got a reply and was able to ask a few questions in which bought some answers.

Q's/Answers

1)
    Q:I commented it was nice Kyle played other games on kongregate besides his own from time to time.
    A: He was playing Vortex Wars 2 because remarkably it uses the same layout or whatever you call it as Shell Shock Live.

2)
    Q: I asked if he was planning to do a Black Friday sale?
    A: He said he was 50/50 on the idea and unsure actually.

I expressed that many of us are expecting it and are gearing up if it actually takes place. Later stating also we as a community would appreciate it, Kyle said he couldn't guarantee it but maybe it could happen after hearing people feel that way.

3)
    Q: I asked Kyle if he could add Captcha Code (suggested to me by KingKyd) to help us mods out with the always annoying but persistent Ad Spam Bots that attack the forum usually late at night.

A: After heading to the forums Kyle told me on kongregate chat that he added to the registration and with that we shouldn't have a problem anymore.

Welcome fellow mods. :p Thank you King for suggesting it and Kyle for implementing it.

4)
    Q: I suggested to Kyle that we really need 1, if not 2 new admins for the forums.
    A: He the asked me who I'd recommend and I suggested a short list.

At the beginning of our conversation after discussing why he was playing VW2, I asked him if he read my emails and Kyle told me he indeed had and appreciated the effort in continuing to send them. I thanked him and noted it was nice they were at least looked at. He also thanked me for doing all I do as a mod in short terms. I'm sure hes thankful for all the work the new staff has done as well.

I suggested about removing the current #1 on the leaderboard due to hacking, along with Tap Water wanting to be demodded/should be. I didn't get an answer to these questions but I left the game while he was still on it, cause I think he was done answering questions and was relaxing. I did thank him for the ones he did and left with no reply to that.

About steam I didn't get anything really except that Kyle is working very hard on it and its progressing very well. I thanked him for all the work hes putting into it, stating that the community appreciates all the work hes doing. I did ask when his next stop to the forum would be and he said he doesn'tknow actually because hes been so busy lately.

So yeah accomplished a little but just wanted to fill you guys in on what I was able to fortunately get. Lets hope we can get some more answers down the line and maybe get that Black Friday deal soon. Reguardless though if some of the above happens suddenly or gradually, at least this thread would give you guys a possible heads up if it does or dosent happen.

Take care forums,

-Tay

Doomsday, Mr Synikal, Awesume and 8 others like this.
  2. KingKyd

KingKyd Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Glad I could help and suggest things for you to speak to him about. I've been very vocal about leaderboard hacking and general improvements that would make all of our experiences with this game and the forum infinitely better; it's just up to him as to whether he wants to realize those general improvements or not.

I would've spoken to him myself but as we all know, I think he'd slap me across the face before shaking my hand. Not that I would necessarily blame him.

... Actually, on second thought, I would. SSL2 needs a real overhaul. All the things I listed for you in one of your previous threads that you pasted should be looked more into, especially the bug fixes, options for X2s and bumpers, and a one-time 24-hour refund period for in-game purchases (Tank Coins only).

But, alas, I am just one man with a wish to see money by user convenience, not by user negligence. I guess I care too much.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
    Doomsday and Taylor like this.
  3. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

You are a luckybutt! Awesome.
    I don't know much to say about this since KingKyd already did, but yeah great job on making this.

I hope he means it,

but guys, just look at the time.... It's late 2014 ;)

Taylor likes this.
  4. Ken

Ken Sergeant (7) Member

At least you got a little bit,

removing the top (few) on the breadboard was a great request.

I would have prob asked about the last two TBD weapons. try to get any kind of hint as to a release date / what they might consist of

Thanks for the update though... hopefully Kyle will remember there are still fans and active players of this game.

Have a great day
    Happy Thanksgiving

Taylor likes this.
  5. Taylor

Ugh man I totally forgot about that. Its funny the things you talk about all the time and then when the opportunity comes it slips your mind.

I'm working on a quick list for this not to happen again.

Thanks everyone for your comments.

6. Taylor

Sorry for double post.

I've been a lucky butt at least 5 times. ;)
    But yes I know its late 2014 so that being noted, lots of things could not be happening.

RumMumMario likes this.
  7. paul1999

paul1999 Master Sergeant (10) Member

That was my main hope xD but thanks for the other info!

Taylor likes this.
  8. jgalloway64

jgalloway64 Master Sergeant (10) Member

Thanks for telling us this, gives meh hope ^_^

Taylor and Captain Curt like this.
  9. arvidh

arvidh Unconfirmed Member

You should've asked about the remaining prestige weapons :p

10. Taylor

Obviously ... xD

Captain Curt likes this.
  11. Credipede

Credipede Forum Administrator Administrator

Interesting that he listened to you. I asked him a few times to add a captcha to the registrations and he never replied. It's something!

Taylor likes this.
  12. Taylor

Ugh I was afk !!!
    I logged back on to check which of my friends on kongregate were online and I saw it say Kyle was online. I look around and even check his profile and it says he was playing SSL2 5 minutes ago. XD So Close!!!

13. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

So kChamp plays SSL on Kongregate? Interesting...

14. Taylor

Thats the only place I've ever seen him. I played 2 games with him there fortunately way back.

15. Holy2334

Holy2334 Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

He just started the Black Friday Sale.

Taylor likes this.
  16. paul1999

THE PRESTIGE WEPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!A AHAHAH

jgalloway64 likes this.
  17. Ken

Ken Sergeant (7) Member

I just saw him on... (checking the actual game to see if there is an update ^ ^)

jgalloway64 likes this.
  18. jgalloway64

jgalloway64 Master Sergeant (10) Member

19. paul1999

IM MORE HAPPY ABOUT THE PRESTIGE WEPS!!!!!! IHAVE A REASON TO KEEP JPLAYING AHAHA IM SO HAPPY AP OSIDFHP:LKY

20. Ken

Ken Sergeant (7) Member

gotta give Kyle credit... he is a businessman...

as for the new weapons... I am currently a P9 so Ill have to wait a bit for the 10 (not really impressed by the breaker one) but Ive only used it twice...

as for P10 (I almost posted this twice before) I even wrote it out earlier today and didnt click "post" about a week ago I dreamed about the two new weapons.. I must play this game too much :p but while my 9 was wrong... just from the image of it... my 10 might have been close :D