1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

A suggested change to the Achievements

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ken, May 16, 2014.

1. Ken

Ken Sergeant (7) Member

Ok. Just in case this has been covered (I scanned the first two pages and didnt see anything similar), but if it does exist sorry for the duplicate idea, anyway.

As for the achievements; as of this posting there are currently 12. with 3 of them being rewarded for "paying" and not playing. And while I don't begrudge Kyle for wanting to incentivize people into supporting the game, Id like to see a change.

Specifically the weapons related ones... I am a Prestige 4 player Lvl 37 *never deluxe/ no weapon packs* (so far from a new comer to the game) and based on my quick rundown... even at Prestige 10 level 50... I could not get the 100 weps. achievement let alone the 180...

So Id like to propose to make it 100 / 180 weapons that have reached level 5 as a means to unlocking it. This would reward players who actually play the game..not just pay for it (there would still be incentive to purchase the weapon packs so as to not wait for them to appear randomly one crate at a time -- but also it would be a nice reward for players like me.that took the time to agonizingly level up: shot, twinkler, rain; ect. to 5...)

Ok... so I've laid out my position. I invite you to comment :)

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  2. HyphenUnderscoreHyphen

HyphenUnderscoreHyphen Sergeant First Class (9) Member

hmm.. I think this is apretty good idea...

3. Amaterasu

Amaterasu Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

I'm not going to deny you your opinion. You got to understand he is still trying to make a life. It doesn't REALLY hurt anything either. At some point it DOES help, because if I'm not mistaken he said he is going to give TC for achievements at some point. If anything try to think of it as a thank you to people who have purchased or earned those weapon packs. There is still plenty of achievements you can still get without finding a lot of tank coins/buy them/ or earn them.

Erile and darklegion741 like this.
  4. darklegion741

darklegion741 Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

You are both correct in your opinions @Rarity and @Ken . Yes, we want achievements to complete and be proud of. Why should we be proud of spending money on a game? Pride is to do with skill. If we cannot do the achievements, how are we going to earn Tank Coins? You made a valid point, Ken.

Rarity, I also agree with your opinion. Kyle not only made a game for our entertainment, he also made it to gain extra finance. He is doing what he can, in order to pay for his bills, college fees and the necessities in life. He does this by providing you with an option of gaining more entertainment through extra in-game content. Whether you go for that extra fun by purchasing Tank Coins or you prefer not to spend money on a game, it is your choice. Nobody has the right to tell you what to do.

5. Ken

Ken Sergeant (7) Member

@Rarity I understand Kyle's motivation for having content available for purchase, (and I support that..I specifically said " I don't begrudge his doing so" ) My point was I dont like the fact that its a necessity for a full (as of now) 25% of available achievements. If it was just the one "buy starter pack" Id say ..well... Im not getting that one (and Id prob say kudos to Kyle for trying to make money... trust me Im a capitalist..

And beyond that...My idea was not just about the money issue... making it X # of weapons at level 5 IS an achievement... Do you hae any idea how long it took me to get twinkler and shot to 5?? Ive got a friend Prestige 8 who still hasnt done that ^ ^

So my idea really makes it an achievement :p

Ok Ok.. Ive defended my point.... feel free to hit me back :)

6. Batgirl

Batgirl Lieutenant Colonel (19) Member

that may not (most likely not) happen cause we all know the story of kchamp behind this game

7. darklegion741

darklegion741 Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

What you are supposed to do is buy weapon upgrades. Not level up Shot, Twinkler and Rain which is of course, agonisingly painful as you have stated.