1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

About the new lobby layout

Discussion in 'General Game Talk' started by Epic Ninja, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Epic Ninja

Epic Ninja Private E-1 (2) Member

That thing is trash. Go back to the old layout

Mr Synikal and referee11 like this.
  2. Blue Phantom

Blue Phantom Sergeant (7) Member

• One word post.
    no

xXTacocubesXx likes this.
  3. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

It should look better each day or at least that's the plan.
    You aren't the only one to have this opinion though.
    I've seen many that don' think it fits well.

I agree even when it's done and we have a live background, it'll be hard to grow used to simply cause till now we've grown used to the basic layout that 1,2, and even SSL did till now.

To me it'll look a poor copy of Rocket League's lobby but at least hopefully we'll get the option to swap out different live sceens for it later via the gear shop. :p

GooodHerb and xXTacocubesXx like this.
  4. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

Best way to make major graphical updates or interface changes; make it switchable to the original.

Still don't know why most devs fail to accomplish this.

5. Holy2334

Holy2334 Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

To keep everybody on the same page of things. It would take longer for stuff to be done knowing that you would have to cater to both lobbies when changing stuff so it's better to just have just one lobby design. Some people will dislike change, but it's not an overwhelming amount (from what I see) so those people will hopefully get used to it.

RumMumMario likes this.
  6. referee11

referee11 First Lieutenant (16) Member

My main issue with it is everything is tiny. There is just so much empty space. Something better be in order to fill the space. I know it isn't finished, but it is possible his ideas on how to fix the menu do not include the void in the screen. Thus, it is worth bringing up. The size of other stuff can be increased, too. The chat is tiny, its words even more so. The games are awkwardly small when there are only a few in progress. Hopefully, more organization is on the way. It doesn't save the game, but everyone knows that already.
    I agree with @RumMumMario in the sense you should be able to chose which version you see. It would completely end the debate on which is better because it literally wouldn't matter anymore. I know it hasn't started yet, but it will if it isn't a setting soon. Or maybe it has. I think this thread was trying to start it, but I'm not sure.
    Either way, it is important to remember kChamp has a 0.000001% chance of doing anything normally, but because he is working on it now and has a slim chance of actually checking the forums again, I think there is about a 1% chance he'll listen to us. Still way too low, but I'll take those odds. We gotta get this information in this thread to him fast. I'll try something now:
    @kChamp
    There is no way this will work.

xXTacocubesXx and Taylor like this.
  7. RumMumMario

I think that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I think the locations and sizes could be scrambled around to make it less of a Rocket League ripoff and more "filled". In my opinion he should just add the server list below the update log or something to fill in the space rather than clicking multiplayer. Everything is summed too neatly I felt.

He was a bit too organized this time.

8. referee11

referee11 First Lieutenant (16) Member

The part you quoted was a joke referring to the fact he wouldn't see the fact I tagged him. Maybe you knew that, but combined it with a different sentence relating to the full post. I actually do think the idea is workable, but it isn't ideal in its current state. I apologize for the confusion.

RumMumMario likes this.
  9. MythicalRainbowPumpkins

MythicalRainbowPumpkins Unconfirmed Member

You only appreciate something when it's gone.

Taylor and Holy2334 like this.
  10. Oehler

Oehler Corporal (5) Member

I don't even know where I can find the daily reward stuff... Does this exist anymore? I dont like it, the older version was much clearer.

11. Goomba

Goomba Sergeant First Class (9) Member

I'm fine with either, it'd be cool if there was a custom lobby editor, kind of like Unity, where you can drag and drop things where you want them to be. Doubt that will happen, but a choice between the two would be happen if the old menu was not already abandoned.

I really don't care either way, it's a stupid menu. I'm just butthurt about the daily spin.

12. Awesume

Awesume Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

My development focus is on the future of SSL. I realize the current online player count is small, but that's to be expected in a game that is still under development. The updates I choose to work on aren't catered to the current small community, but to the future of the game. Most of you probably don't see this as a high-priority change, but for the average (and new) player, it will make a big difference. The new lobby will also be easily navigated with a controller, which is necessary for an eventual console release.-kChamp http://www.shellshockliveforums.com/threads/lobby-overhaul.11930/

Can't you guys read? This wasn't changed so we the Vets like it, it's for the new players. I like it this way, it makes it feel like its a new game, and not just a continuation of ssl2, which is cluttered.

13. RumMumMario

No it wasn't lol. If you think navigating through thousands of tabs for the sake of joining a server is organized then I don't know what to say. Besides, you don't have to be a new user to understand these kinds of things.

For us it is "too" organized, and it will take less than 30 minutes for new player to get to know what this game is all about and they will start to feel the same as us veterans, especially considering how very little content this game has.

I don't think the game even needs an organized layout. I'm all up for a different format or interface to spice things up a little bit, but hopefully it will become easier to access certain things. You think it's cluttered probably because you're bored of it and been looking at the same format for years since SSL2.

Some non-forum people agree too.
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/326460/discussions/0/451850849188182010/

EDIT: If people use controllers then just make this interface only available for consoles or controller users. How simple is that.

14. Q7X9

Q7X9 New Born (1) Member

I think after it gets updated/changed more it will look good.

Piroutcha and Taylor like this.