1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Additional kicking protocol for afk players

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Erile, May 8, 2014.

1. Erile

Erile First Sergeant (11) Member

So currently, the game kicks a player out of a match if they go afk for 3 turns in a row. This is helpful for afk-players who are no longer in the game.

But... there are other afk-players which are really detrimental to the game!

1) The casual afk-player might skip two turns, then come back, then skip two more, etc.

2) The troll afk-player acts much like the casual afk-player, except they are doing it on purpose to ruin the game for everyone.

Both of these situations hurt everyone in the match. My suggestion is that anyone afk for 4 or 5 turns total gets kicked, regardless of when those turns are.

Thoughts? :)

2. KingKyd

KingKyd Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

I think it should be one turn. Furthermore the 45-second host kick should apply to all players, AND be dropped down to 15 seconds.

Sounds strict but, c'mon. Who really wants to deal with AFKers and game delayers?

3. Black Widow

Black Widow Forum Administrator Administrator

Well, personally i usually play with my friends and when they go AFK i will wait for them until they come back when i host. If people dislike waiting they should consider looking for a new game or creating one of their own. I also think people should respect the host's decisions in what settings he/she wants and who they kick or don't kick.

4. darklegion741

darklegion741 Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

One turn? What about the friends who lag? Or people who don't do it on purpose? There are times when I have to do something during a game and I miss a turn. It wasn't intentional as the other option would be quitting. I never quit unless there is a troll or a hacker.

Staple and chickadee like this.
  5. Erile

Exactly. The game already has a base 3-turn-in-a-row kick for afk players. I'm not proposing changing that, that already was determined fair for accidental afk-players.

I'm just proposing expanding it to be 3-in-a-row or 4 or 5 total in a match.

Staple likes this.
  6. chickadee

chickadee Sergeant Major (12) Member

Somehow I feel like this was aimed at me .... -.-'

smallworldzz and jgalloway64 like this.
  7. KingKyd

KingKyd Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

When I said one turn I didn't mean literally you miss a single turn and you're kicked. That means the next turn if you miss you get kicked. Instead it's three which is annoying.

I understand people can go to a new game but there's not many games I can go to due to my level; always getting kicked and whatnot. That's why I usually host. I'm guessing that's the reason you also mainly host your own game, Black.

8. Black Widow

Black Widow Forum Administrator Administrator

Actually i mainly host my own games for a number a reasons.One of them being that knowing how this game can really be fun to one team but not for the other who have less experience and less tank stat's i try to keep teams at an equal advantage as best as i can so i try and make sure people are at a certain level before being able to join my games. Also because i know who to kick and who to not kick, usually trolls,quitters, and people who just want to basically grief others. Normally i don't join others games it's very rare for me to do that.

9. darklegion741

darklegion741 Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

Alright; I misunderstood.

10. Erile

While I appreciate the conversation :) I've noticed its completely derailed the thread to something contrary to its subject...

Any thoughts on asking KChamp to add a new protocol like this would be great, thanks. :)

jgalloway64 likes this.
  11. Bronco

Bronco First Lieutenant (16) Member

12. HyphenUnderscoreHyphen

HyphenUnderscoreHyphen Sergeant First Class (9) Member

awww, of course not! true, youre afk at certain times, but cmon! whos gonna hate you for that? (except haters. haters gonna hate.)

chickadee likes this.
  13. chickadee

chickadee Sergeant Major (12) Member

Your too nice T-T

14. HyphenUnderscoreHyphen

HyphenUnderscoreHyphen Sergeant First Class (9) Member

c: you too :3