1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Am I actually a cheater?

Discussion in 'General Game Talk' started by Velerium, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Velerium

Velerium New Born (1) Member

That's a strange headline, I know. But hear me out.
    I'm a level 82, I play a lot and I love this game.
    It's been a while since when some people (not too many, but still) whom I played with started accusing me of using a ruler.
    That's because I'm incredibly accurate - most of the times, of course - but I don't. I never did and never will.

The thing is, I use my fingers to aim my shots.
    To put it simply: we all know that a 98,86 shot lands on the edge of the aiming circle; I take that distance with my thumb and index finger and that way I can calculate where a 98,82 shot will land, and so on.
    I never saw it as a ruler. Afterall, it's very easy to make mistakes (just shrinking the radius by a mm can make the difference, and keeping fingers in the exact position isn't that easy) and you have to guess the angle for shots that are not 86, 82, 78, 74...

I don't know what happened, I suddenly found myself wondering whether it could still be called fair play.
    I don't wanna cheat and ruin the game. Tell me what you think about it.

(I searched a little and found nothing like this - and had no idea about where to post this, lol -)

Taylor and xXTacocubesXx like this.
  2. xXTacocubesXx

xXTacocubesXx Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

I aim sort of like you do except I use 100 power and kinda just use my mouse to mark the angles instead. I get called ruler user and hacker all the time, a lot of us do. Just ignore them as best you can and don't be ashamed to aim the way you want.

Tavi, Velerium and Taylor like this.
  3. Mena

Mena Private E-1 (2) Member

It's perfectly fine to arc shots because that is another way of aiming after all. I can see why they would call you a cheater (I don't believe that you cheat at all) due to the recent uprising of ruler users. We can all thank the ones who made this seem like a trendy thing to do.

I myself arc whenever I am not confident with my aiming otherwise. I do this using the aiming circle as a "ruler" but the difference here is that a small mistake in your distance judgement, throws off your aiming angle by angle (as you have previously stated). It is fair play because you are not using any sort of tool that is not implemented in the game.

Please don't be put off by these people and have faith and pride in your aiming :)

4. referee11

referee11 First Lieutenant (16) Member

This ruler business is ruining the game. Something has to be done to eliminate their effectiveness.
    So true. Using fingers invokes real skill to me, since there could be so many imperfections you could make with their placement. You're a boss for mastering that. :)

Taylor likes this.
  5. 15Galaxy15

15Galaxy15 First Sergeant (11) Member

Man, i bought this games las year but i just started playing it a month ago. The first day i played it people were already calling me cheater and ruler, even tho i had no idea what that was. So, just ignore... Everybody that plays good or is high level is called ruler and cheater. Not a big deal.

Taylor likes this.
  6. Velerium

Velerium New Born (1) Member

That was probably just a stupid doubt I didn't even have to consider.
    Anyways, thanks for the replies; I'll definitely learn how to ignore these people, but for now I just needed to be reassured, I think.
    I'll keep improving using my methods.

Again, thanks a bunch, guys. See you in-game ;)

7. likehelly

likehelly New Born (1) Member

i don't even understand how a ruler would help in this game. at the least, i'd think it'd have to be a protractor because shots don't travel in a straight line.

i've been accused of using a ruler, and i literally don't even know how that would work. i just eyeball stuff and visualize the shots in my mind. often times i'm wrong, by a degree or two, and then i know what i need to do to zero in when i'm only a few ticks away from someone and they adamantly refuse to move their tank for whatever reason.

8. Mena

How it works as I understand it: Go to the firing range. Use 100,91 (100 power, 91 angle), mark on where the shot lands. Use 100,92 and mark on where the shot lands. Repeat until your cheat sheet has all the angles for where each shot lands. Et Voila! You can now do "skill shots" where you aim full power skywards and land every shot on the enemy tank. All you have to do is align your sheet with your tank, find out which mark on your cheat sheet the enemy is sitting on, use 100 power and whatever angle it displays on your cheat sheet. Hope that helps!

Taylor likes this.
  9. Awesume

Awesume Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

There is no 92 and 91 in ssls, its 89 and 88 :p

Mena and Tavi like this.
  10. Mena

That's surprising! One more thing I have to get used to when I start playing on the Steam version :(

11. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

You'll do fine, have some self-confidence Mena. :)

12. likehelly

likehelly New Born (1) Member

that sounds super boring

apemanzilla and Mena like this.