1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

another DC Bug i get all the time

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by peaceandcalm, Apr 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peaceandcalm

peaceandcalm New Born (1) Member

hi this is most anoying bug i get all the time..
    why? anyone getting this error ever 3 - 4 min? upload_2015-4-29_19-36-54.png
    upload_2015-4-29_19-36-54.png

2. Nightwing

Nightwing Staff Sergeant (8) Member

nope,does ur computer meet all the necessary stuff to run it? mayb take it to like geek squad and tell them that it wnt run.

3. peaceandcalm

i am the freaken geek squad..lol..
    yes my pc has everything you dream off..
    I7 with 1gb graphic card and 8 gig memory..
    Internet cable 50Mb speed upload and download..
    nothing is missing on my end..

4. Staple

Staple General of the Army (25) Member

i7 doesnt mean anything if the ghz is bad, some i7 models are like 2.5 ghz and the higher end ones are like 4.3
    do you mean 8 gig ram, because if so thats ok but nothing close to high tier

1gb graphic cards is pretty low tier

internet is ok

thats internet or steam related, between the steam client and the game. maybe there was an update in that time and messed up the server sync or something idk, but it shouldnt be a problem on your end.

edit: i just read the 3-4 minutes part, my bad. in that case, im not completely certain but it sounds like spotty internet or spotty server connection, which, more or less, is connected

5. peaceandcalm

my pc is 3 years old I7 860 2.8 GHZ thats plenty of fire power for applicaiton like shelshock..
    8gb ram correct..
    I have tried forwarding steam ports at no avail..yet I am not sure if shellshock uses any ports at all plus those of steams?
    if i know that they are i can try forwarding those as well..
    you have to clearify Spotty server conenctions..and if that means bad connections..i want to know why ..becasue my net speed is very high..
    so its not internet, i dont think its my router (although there might be a stupid setting somewhere i cant see and hidden)
    and modem doesnt have any software that you can tweak..I have tried uninstaling everything and twice..nothing..
    I have tried compatibilyy to winxp nothing..i have tried -tcp on start up..nothing..is there anything more to try i am all ears..

6. Staple

Staple General of the Army (25) Member

im not completely sure man, id try to email kchamp

7. kenny ash

kenny ash Unconfirmed Member

I get this sometimes to peaceandcalm, I just disconnect and reconnect and it's good for a few more hours.

8. arvidh

arvidh Unconfirmed Member

Try without router?

9. Dryykon

Dryykon Second Lieutenant (15) Member

This might be due to your neighbors.

For example most hours I get >100Kbps of received packets (I think it's called packets...) yet in the peak hours (that neighbors are online) I can get lower than 5. It it's in that area I can barely do things online involving more than simple text transactions, and frequently drop from all sorts of servers altogether.

10. arvidh

Wat!? You're sharing Internet with your neighbors?

11. Dryykon

No... well, not from our end. It works like this:

There's a neighborhood with 10 houses all using RoadRunner. RoadRunner could give each person the ability to get 4Mbps each, and provide the neighborhood as a whole with 40Mbps. However, it's unlikely all 10 houses will be using 4Mbps at the same time. So RoadRunner gives the neighborhood 20Mbps total. And so... if enough people are on, you'll get a shortage of packets because of that.

At least that's how I've been told it works. The person who told me could have been totally wrong.

12. arvidh

Aw, that sucks. I used to share internet with my neighbour 4 years ago, 8/1 Mbit and I was lucky if I even got out 3/0,5 ...

13. Dryykon

Ah lol. Likely depends on where you live for the quality of internet. I live in the country so there's probably a drop somewhere. During school I have the crappy campus internet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.