1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

"Another one of those threads"

Discussion in 'General Game Talk' started by Owl Pacino, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Owl Pacino

Owl Pacino Private E-1 (2) Member

So as a frequent player of ShellShock Live I have obviously been eager to find out what the latest update would entail considering I've waited over a week for "content" and I am glad to see more shop items added, however it's slightly disappointing to see it's only new victory songs, maps and themes, considering these are the minor updates that this game requires. I personally feel these could be added one by one occasionally with each regular update. I of course understand that Kyle is singularly developing this game and he's doing a grand job, I was expecting a bit more from this update however.

Apologies for my rant (again), glad to see this game develop slowly considering where it all began and I look forward to future updates (new game modes and shop bought weapons). Guess it's time for me to spend all my gears yet again:D:D:D

2. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

4 songs, 3 maps and 2 themes. That's pretty good compared to the updates he's made before.

"Content". I don't know what you'd expect from that aside from game settings (I'd love to see more mods though), game modes, shop items and weapons, especially since the update was made 10 days after the previous bug fixes which clearly isn't enough time at all for Kyle to make anything big and exciting. Yeah 10 days is somewhat long but I'm glad he took a break from the constant weapon updates when there are abundant numbers of them - we can clearly tell by the quality of the weapons that he is dying to get it out of the way - and took the time to add more things in other areas.

We asked for more things to purchase in the shop as gears are obtained very easily now and he did. I don't know what else he could add in the shop that would be more beneficial to the game aside from things that will take really long to implement. The only criticism I have for this update is that the maps are not really tempting to buy and they look bland and boring. Really, he could add twice as much things to the shop and that would still be good. Not great, but good.

What I always expect from Kyle is to get out of the regular "maps game modes weapons etc" updates and come up with something unique that adds a strong taste to the game play. We have plenty of ideas that can do this for us and I hope he will consider doing so.

3. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

agree but,like you said"what else he could add in the shop that would be more benificial to the game aside from things that will take really long to implement" adding something new in SSL won't happend.However he took weeks weeks and weeks so,in my point of view he already took really much time.The truth is that this problems with Kchamp are only for us that we are "pro" players,he put a bunch of weapons and Huge amount of xp to make unlock all and the average player will alaways have something to unlock,I think that Kyle shouldn't have realesed steam early access and that is why:

He said he wanted comunity feedback to develop the game,but if he never hear us what is the point of making SSL early access?Really the only thing that he heared was the change of price from 15 dollars to half........
    "another of those answer of another of those threads"

4. RumMumMario

He spent 10 days to make 4 songs, 3 maps and 2 themes, which is about one thing per day. That is not a small update compared to the ones he's been making till now at least.

5. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

I don't know i still think that a weapon need more work behind,however about theme colors and maps i don't think he takes really much time to do that he probably has a tool

6. Tavi

Tavi First Sergeant (11) Member

Is there a rainbow theme yet?

7. Holy2334

Holy2334 Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

I think Kyle only knows how to do 2 colors

8. Nahrmer

Nahrmer Private E-1 (2) Member

I muted the music from day one, so I could listen to my own music, and I really don't care about maps and themes, so... waiting for the next update.

9. Goomba

Goomba Sergeant First Class (9) Member

I think the time it takes to push these updates is a little crazy, I mean I'm not a game developer by any means. I don't know the coding behind the updates at all, but I couldn't imagine a color palette swap and new maps (Kyle probably has a similar map creator like the one in SSL2) shouldn't take too long at all. The only thing that should take a substantial amount of time is the music, assuming he is composing the songs himself. Even so, it shouldn't be enough to take two weeks. Now we have to wait two more weeks to get a few more weapons and more "content", honestly the updates aren't worth the waiting anymore. If he listened to our ideas and took notes to put in the game, maybe we'd be a little less hostile. I just sent an email to Kyle the other day asking how he's been and whatnot, I never even got acknowledgement of the email. I can understand if he gets spammed by hundreds of people every day asking to play him, but there is literally zero involvement in the community at all. That's why I've moved on, I stopped posting idea threads, stopped being as involved here at the forums, and stopped playing shellshock for the most part. It will stay that way until some crazy switch triggers in his mind to involve himself in the community and listen to us.

But that's just my input

10. Batgirl

Batgirl Lieutenant Colonel (19) Member

Coding is the worst thing to do make a game besides animating.

11. RumMumMario

Once again, 10 days including the day he made the last update. If he made as much content every week then this game will become much more full and less 'empty' in 6~12 months. Notice how I said content. That's not fixes, adjustments or optimizations, which are majority of his updates in a nutshell. This update was completely legit.

But I agree with you in terms of community involvement.

"ShellShock Live has been community driven from the beginning. Early Access gives us the opportunity to build the game while receiving feedback from players to ensure that SSL grows to fulfill its potential" my ass

Batgirl likes this.