1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Assassin Edit

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Hells Fury, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Hells Fury

Hells Fury Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Hello there forumers!

It's been a while since I last made my presence known and I thought I'd start by posting a suggestion I have. An edit to the Assassin game mode that would make it much more interesting and entertaining.

As of now, the game mode consist of being able to damage only one player in the enter game, that player being your target. Which is no fun, because then everyone knows their assassin by the end of turn 1.

What I suggest is that all the enemies be damageable. This adds a sense of urgency, caution and excitement because no one knows who their assassin is. And to make the game even more interesting, make it a mixture of points and deathmatch.

Each player starts off with full health and 0 points. As you damage the other 5 players, they lose the appropriate amount of health and you gain the total amount of points. If you kill your target, or if your assassin is killed, you get a specified amount of bonus points and xp (the value can be discussed here and told to Kyle of the suggestion is liked, or Kyle can decide for himself), while killing any other player gives no bonus points and the usual 5 xp.

At the end of the game, it's not the last tank standing that wins, but the one with the most points that wins. If there is a tie in points, then the last one standing wins. If the two tanks that make the tie are dead, there is a tie between both of them.

This also makes the game exciting because you have to hope you don't get attacked too much because then everyone will be trying to kill you in hopes that you are their assassin or if they know you are their target.

Last but not least, this gives this game mode potential to give just as much xp as the others, if not more which makes it worth playing. I just feel like being able to only damage one person out of all the enemies there doesn't give a sufficient amount of xp, and that this edit would makes this game mode much more worth playing, whether it's for fun or xp.

What do you guys think?

magicpudding likes this.
  2. JohannZim

JohannZim Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

Assassin is the type that gives me the second best xp in the game (only behind 1vs1 DM)... points give more xp but takes way longer. So the xp is fine as it is.

I also completely disagree with you being able to hit multiple targets... i dont play FFA dm's for a reason and i wouldn't be able to play assassins anymore... you are turning assassins into a different kind of FFA dm and that leads to my next point.

If you suggest that as a change to FFA dm than it would be a great addition! Considering FFA dm's are a flawed mode where people gang up on one person... this pts system would add caution and excitement as you said.

Penguin likes this.
  3. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

i m agree,assasin mode i supposed to do that,i mean that you can t hit only 1 tank,thats also the reason why it gives more xp mult than ffas.
    ps:juggernaut mode is the wrost one that needs edits at the moment.thats true and indispuatble cause no one play this mode and you can see it