1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Being able to reset level once reaching 100

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jbalwin, Mar 2, 2016.

Tags:
?

Should they include this?

1. yes

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. no

10 vote(s)
    76.9%
  1. jbalwin

jbalwin Corporal (5) Member

As of right now I love this game. I have about 63 hours on it and get enough; therefore I'm around level 67 and just started thinking about what I would do once I reached level 100. One idea I had was to be able to reset your xp on your account so you could work your way back up again without having to make a new Steam account and smurfing and all that. Also I though maybe you could have some way of showing that you have reset your account after getting to the max level, kinda like in Call of Duty but not exactly. Please leave your comments so maybe the deveolpers can see this so it might be considered.

2. referee11

referee11 First Lieutenant (16) Member

I don't think that's what we need. I think there should either be a) Prestiges (like in the other game) or b) The option to make other accounts. I believe that new accounts should be made, and the user control the username. Good examples are any PopCap game, Jewel Quest, and other old games. That's a great feature most games now don't have. I should be able to make a 2nd account going up through the ranks if that is what I want to do. Maybe I want XP for the solo missions, maybe I want to go through earning that achievement again. Maybe I just want some challenge again. You'd have worse weapons, but aiming skills would still be there. That's why that second option could be added, and I would prefer that.
    Also, you are barely 1/5 to 100, if that. 63 hours is not even a 4th of what you need to get there. If you think you're reach 100 soon, think again my friend...

3. Goomba

Goomba Sergeant First Class (9) Member

There should definitely be some sort of Prestige feature that is actually a prestige feature. There are a couple routes it can take.
    Full Reset Prestige:
    Once you reach level 100, you will have the option to reset your level back to 0, restarting everything from scratch. In return, you get some elite rewards.

Generous Reset Prestige:
    After level 100, you can restart back to level 0 but you will keep all of your weapon levels and achievements. You also get epic rewards with each prestige.

Partial Reset:

I personally think this would be the best method: Each prestige would set you back a little further, so you can stop whenever you want to.
    Prestige 1: Sets you back to level 95
    Prestige 2: Sets you back to level 90
    Prestige 3: 80, 70, 60, etc
    With each prestige, you must do more work to get back to 100. The prestige rewards would get gradually greater as you go on.

Multiple Tanks:
    Once you hit a certain level (Maybe 80?) You will have the option to buy another tank for combat in the shop for 5000 gears. You can use either tank in combat and level them up separately. This would not give specific "prestige" rewards though. Maybe if this route is chosen, there could be a game mode for people to have multiple tanks in combat, so they control both in one game.

4. referee11

I don't think another account should be bought. It should come with the game already, so players don't have to grind to start over. A mode with the two tanks would be difficult and kinda confusing, I would think. I just want the ability to start from 0 while keeping my other account.

5. xXTacocubesXx

xXTacocubesXx Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

I will say again that is indeed very amusing to join games as a level 1 and confuse the heck out of people. (Because this makes me soo cool)

6. JohannZim

JohannZim Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

I really doubt someone that spent nearly 1000 hours of gameplay to get 100 would want to reset that lol :D

7. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

Especially since the path to 80 (The beginning of this "Prestige" is supposed to start) is an insult nowadays for all of us that made it to the old level 80 and beyond. XD

8. MeowrPower

MeowrPower Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

You know with all the xp decreases and bonus multipliers being added and the huge increase in xp gain rate, I can kinda se kyle heading towards this .-. we could end up with level 100 at 500k xp at some stage to accommodate this.

Side note, what ever happened to the little icon we had for people who bought the game when it was twice the current price? o_O

9. referee11

Gone. My assumption is the lobby was redone, and it was never added again. We aren't moving fully forward yet. :/

10. MeowrPower

Maybe bring back the rainbow theme as a special reward for us? O.O

Taylor likes this.
  11. Awesume

Awesume Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

I think that it should continue to like lvl 1000.(1o mil) And at each 100 (200, 300, etc.) would be a milestone with an amazing reward.

Taylor likes this.
  12. referee11

I think that'd be awesome, but the we'd have to change XP structure so much you could earn at least two levels per game earlier on. If 10 Mil is the max and we need 900 more levels going at this current high level increment, it isn't going to work.

Penguin and Awesume like this.
  13. Holy2334

Holy2334 Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Would he still be able to know who bought what when though? Someone should ask him.about it.

14. Awesume

It shouldn't change too much i was thinking more like at lvl 200 would be 2 mil, and from then onwards would be 10k per lvl.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
    MeowrPower likes this.
  15. referee11

I still don't think that would work. Why would you go back from needing 100K to level to 10K? We'd need to scratch the old system and make a new one. 500, I believe, would be more manageable and logical as a whole.

16. MeowrPower

just go back to needing 100xp more for each level o.o

(This would mean level 500 = 12,525,000xp o.o)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  17. Awesume

either way kyle needs to do something with it, or its just going to be a ton of lvl 100 people bored.

18. jbalwin

jbalwin Corporal (5) Member

Wow thank you guys for supporting my idea and adding multiple suggestions. Even though I still think there should be a prestige system, I also agree with the fact that being able to create and new account on the game with the same Steam User would be sick, and I agree with the idea of having more lvls equaling more weapons, tank tree upgrades, tank parts for cosmetic, etc.

19. Owl_Spirit27

Owl_Spirit27 Private First Class (4) Member

Having multiple tanks seems like a good idea. Maybe more skills in the skill tree would be good (more than 100), so that you could have multiple tanks with different skill trees to suit different play styles, even if they're both level 100. With multiple tanks, we could also have the game mode idea that involves 2 players, 2 tanks each.
    Players can be eligible to buy an extra tank at level 80, and can have a maximum of 4 tanks to customise (in terms of both skills and appearance).

SubZero and JohannZim like this.
  20. Batgirl

Batgirl Lieutenant Colonel (19) Member

Prestige get earns prestige tokens which will reset your level but can use those tokens to get special abilities, weapons, increase stats, unlock a weapon to keep when prestiging.

+1

21. JohannZim

JohannZim Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

Underated comment right here... awesome idea bud.

Owl_Spirit27 and SubZero like this.
  22. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. sorry man but actually i have got eyes problems cause of ssl and i'm not even lvl 100.however that's understandable that you want this update cause first 60 lvls are about 1/879 of the game xD.
    However i'm totaly agree that we have to find some ways to keep busy lvl 100s but personaly if this update comes i would NEVER reset with that xp structure

23. SubZero

SubZero Sergeant First Class (9) Member

This idea is becoming more interesting the more Kyle nerfs xp needed and makes getting xp faster, it's already a whole lot easyer to get xp than when it first came out mostly due to more players.

Penguin likes this.
  24. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

agree.you may be rewarded just like ssl2 with a weapon and that idea would also resolve the lvl gap between high lvls and low ones.