1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Better Tracer

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Amaterasu, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Amaterasu

Amaterasu Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

This is more or less a thing for SSL Steam Edition, as it would be weird to implement at the current time.

I hope that tracers will take the current weapon you have equipped and show you how THAT weapon will hit

So if you have a sub-sniper it will show you how IT will go through the ground, or if you have a bouncy weapon it will show you how it will bounce. Also tracers go through bounders so if there's a bounder it will show you how it will bounce off of it and everything else :p and what not.

"EDIT"

An important thing to understand, this idea is to take the official shot, so if it's a landing weapon, it will show if you if it will land on your target, but if you have something like firestorm or pinata, it WILL NOT show you the after shots, like all the meteors coming down.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
    ultra extreme87, KingKyd and Taylor like this.
  2. potatoes and pie

potatoes and pie Sergeant First Class (9) Member

Meh i have to agree that the tracers aren't too effective, but of it were then ppl would just buy a load of tracers and never miss... so I don't think this is a good idea sry ._.

jpcas likes this.
  3. jpcas

jpcas Staff Sergeant (8) Member

i think the other thing to be changed is the tracer's visibility for other players - if using supplies items is visible to others then why tracers are hidden? such an update would be probably most welcome with perspective of implementing clans into ssl - clan regulations usually (if not always) ban usage of items in the tournaments and tryouts - though they cannot ban using tracers at this momment as it is impossible to enforce it

4. potatoes and pie

Let's just say this, tracers are one of the more controversial topics in ssl and I don't think Kyle plans on doing anything to them anytime soon

5. JohannZim

JohannZim Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

I'd rather prefer the implement of a game mode that dont allow resources :p

potatoes and pie, jpcas and Candor like this.
  6. WereElf

WereElf Private E-1 (2) Member

yeah, sure, people will spend a tracer every time they aren't certain in their trajectory.. and if they are gonna miss, they change settings and use another one. Have you got any idea how much is this gonna cost and how many can afford that? I use tracers only when I absolutely must hit (there is x2 and I need to use sniper with less than 100 power). Or when I haven't played for months and I'm out of aim.

7. potatoes and pie

Lol I don't use tracers ever if there's a shot I need to hit I go off skill or a yolo shot and if I hit so be it if I miss who cares? XD

Taylor likes this.
  8. WereElf

I got like 20 from boxes, so I don't care much if I use one or 2 every 30-40 games.. I get more every once in a while. But no point to let them rust. Most of the times it tells me that my aim was good, but I hate it when I miss cuz I've added or removed 1 more power than I should have.

9. chickadee

chickadee Sergeant Major (12) Member

I'm one of those ppl who can still miss with tracer but get the luckiest hit just by eyeballing! xD

Tavi and potatoes and pie like this.
  10. potatoes and pie

Same here XD ask Arcturus bout my x2 5 bounce yolo shot XD was a long time back but that's the luckiest shot I ever had

chickadee likes this.
  11. KingKyd

KingKyd Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Mmmmmm yeeeeees, YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Once the tracer is abnormal-trajectory-proof, I shall buy THOUSANDS, and I shall NEVER MISS A SHOT AGAIN! AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

Tavi, arvidh and serbia98 like this.
  12. arvidh

arvidh Unconfirmed Member

If the tracers would be updated like this, I would demand that it would be shown to other players, like when you use supplies.
    But really, I like the tracers as they are as of right now. If there is a long distance with difficult terrain and the tracer 'miss' the opponent, you have to adjust the remaining angles and power usage yourself. Makes it challenging, and fun.
    Games are supposed to be challenging, and fun. Why ruin it with a tracer that's almost for free if you buy like, 100?

Summary: bad idea

serbia98 and KingKyd like this.
  13. WereElf

Yeah... you have to adjust, but this doesn't mean you will 100% hit, unless you use another tracer too check your new settings...

14. arvidh

arvidh Unconfirmed Member

True, the few times I use tracer and miss the target, and then adjust a bit more, I do hit. =)
    Imho, tracers could be deleted from the game as far as I'm concerned :)

Staple and serbia98 like this.
  15. Amaterasu

I only say this because tracers are most of the time pointless, they are one time uses, and for anyone to obtain hundreds of tracers they are the ones wasting there money or there time. The whole point of this idea is just to make something actually useful. Saying people will get hundreds and never miss is kinda stupid. Using a tracer on lets say a bounce wouldn't make it "super accurate" because if they are off a little, you would almost have to redo the entire shot, since a little more power or angle can change where it lands. Tracers aren't ever accurate in the first place really, I feel this idea would just give a better representation of the actual shot. Allowing people to see if they should make the shot or not. Using a tracer on more than 60% of weapons is pointless. Tracers aren't as powerful as most of you seem to think they are.

16. Staple

Staple General of the Army (25) Member

good players dont need tracers

an idea of where it impacts is good enough, just to be 100% sure is fine

if this is a game of skill, which a good bunch of you say it is, why should there be an item that completely negates your amount of skill for just a few tank coins

how would you feel if someone on the other team used it again, and again, without your knowing

17. Amaterasu

You just assume everyone in this game is good players. To be frank, a lot of people in this game aren't good players. You say how would you feel if someone used it over and over again, but if that's what they need to do to get by and to be able to hit someone, then let them do there thing. They are the ones that would have to waste there money or time.

18. Staple

wait wait, so you want to reinforce the idea that this is a pay to win, instead of a skill-based game

truthfully it already is a P2W, but if you want to make it moreso, then damn son

what you're basically saying is "hey im pretty bad and truthfully you should win, but i have so many tracers that i will beat you regardless"
    that aint right

potatoes and pie likes this.
  19. Tavi

Tavi First Sergeant (11) Member

Complaining about this becoming OP?

Shields.

kbai

20. WereElf

Yeah, as Tavi said.. I've seen only 2-3 players that spam shields and that was over a year ago.. what makes you think people will spam tracers?

Amaterasu likes this.
  21. potatoes and pie

Shields make u almost invincible, better tracer would make u look like a pro so...

22. Staple

unless theres been some kind of update im still unaware of, spamming tracers would be undetected by the other team, right?

23. Tavi

Tavi First Sergeant (11) Member

Someone with the money to get 1000s of tracers to spam would just mean champ gets more money and we possibly get more updates.
    Or the simple fix for those that feel this can become OP(really only to money wasters in indiv-shot), make this evolution of tracer visible, or like shields, 1 per round, or both?
    This idea was for Steam version. Don't see a reason why it would change the game we all love oh so much as is.
    With that, maybe this new version may have different ways of using items, or some different items, or get rid/the ability to get rid of items entirely.
    I don't really see why it'd be OP, likely pretty useless outside indiv-shot and would require multiple uses per turn just to get the right shot anyway.
    The ability for tracers to show through ground for weaps such as sub-snipe or show what affects bumpers would have are pretty important factors.
    Rarely use tracers and don't buy them, but 95% of the tracers I used ended up being perfect shots already and just confirmed my awesomeness, the rest I over calculated and ended up missing(likeabaws).:cool: Don't see how it would really be much different, just a few more factors.
    Sheesh, I typed a hell of a lot more than I wanted to for this topic. x.x