1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Boxes on cliffs

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Ken, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Ken

Ken Sergeant (7) Member

Ok... lol.. Im sure this will annoy some (all) of you who know about this if it is fixed.. (and Ive benefited many times from it too...so Id be shooting myself in the foot as well)

If there is a box on the side of a cliff... and your traction isnt enough to climb up to grab it... no worries... just keep going in that direction and you will get it... even better... this works even if you dont have enough fuel to reach the box (if you could climb the hill)

as long as your wheels are spinning.... the game allows you to grab otherwise unreachable boxes

darklegion741 likes this.
  2. Staple

Staple General of the Army (25) Member

this is common knowledge

3. Erile

Erile First Sergeant (11) Member

It has nothing to do with whether your wheels are spinning.

Ground crates can be picked up anytime you enter within reach of their side horizontally, and what counts as being within reach may not be the exact same as the edge of the graphic.

The delay you see when you are moving towards it (keep spinning your wheels) is due to the delay in the game telling you what you received.

4. Ken

Ken Sergeant (7) Member

Hmm....
    In my experience that is not the case...

As I have been near a ground crate that is on the side of a cliff (and by near I mean butted up against the bottom of the wall so my tank is at an angle.... and I did not collect it until I "drove towards it"...

in fact often times.. I have to move towards it.... (for sometimes 3-5 + seconds) before it is collected.... and if I dont drive in that direction for as long as it would take to reach normally.. it is not collected.. (1.e.) its on side of a tal and steep incline... and if I only drive for a second or "up" the wall... it wont be collected.... but if I go for several seconds... only then will I receive it

(Again I am talking about situations where fuel is not the issue.. but traction.. as fuel is not consumed even if you have 1 fuel and try endlessly to climb a wall)

5. darklegion741

darklegion741 Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

Many people know this "bug" and have benefited from it as you said. Also, the time you travel towards it does not matter. I have done this countless times and I've never noticed any time differences between each box being collected. Perhaps it's just me not paying attention...

Anyways correct me if I am somehow wrong. :)

6. mega n00b

mega n00b Private First Class (4) Member

crates are collected when your tank overlaps with a box (even by 1 pixel) VERTICALLY.

As for the delay in picking up a box, its content is displayed as soon as you stop moving (the box is actually picked up immediately when you walk over it).
    Example - a box is just a centimeter away from you and you have a lot of fuel. You drive over it, but continue pressing A or D key until you run out of fuel. At the moment you stop moving the box disappears and its content is shown to you. So, if you want to see what's in the box immediately, just stop moving for a moment after you walk over it.

Lastly - the situation you described I believe this is what happened: The box basically fell on you before the beginning of your turn. It was already overlapped with your tank vertically, even if not so obviously. When this happens, you cant avoid picking up the box, however, its content is again displayed a few secs later.

7. Erile

Erile First Sergeant (11) Member

For me it can sometimes be a few "seconds" before I get the contents of the crate, depending on the computer and connection. In those times, I can drive through and past a crate before I get it, so there is always a delay in the reward receipt.

Just saying :) I've never had it work better by pushing more, I often get close and wait, then closer and wait, to minimize fuel usage.

At the same time, people have posted that sometimes pushing into or rocking the tank on a steep surface can let you go a little further too, and when one pixel might matter that could sometimes cause it too.

Horizontally. ;)

8. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

It's pretty obvious to most of us.

Also I don't want this 'bug' ish thing to be fixed, please don't Kyle, please.

9. darklegion741

darklegion741 Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

It's the only bug that is actually good for something.

RumMumMario likes this.
  10. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

this is the best comment on the thread so far.

*Gives mushroom <3*