1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Browser Redirecting

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Kroniic, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Kroniic

Kroniic New Born (1) Member

OK, ive spent the last hour searching through forums looking for anything that resembles the problem im having... It just started happening within the last 2 weeks but it occurs everyday. Ive never seen this before, and have never seen it happen in any other online or browser game ive played.
    New Bitmap Image.jpg
    Usually i can get away with playing for an hour or 2 before this happens, but once it does it will happen regularly, every 10min - 1 hr. It not only kicks me out of game, but i have to actually close browser and restart it. Refreshing page just makes the loggin circle go on forever and never actually loggin. When the msg pops up, i have to confirm it about 3 or 4 times before it goes away.
    Ive tried everything to get this to stop... Deleted cache/cookies, updated browser, closed all other windows, disabled browser addons, made sure flash and everything was up to date... So here i am, looking for any advice or tips to help me stop this... And before you come up with the obvious...
    New Bitmap Image (2).jpg
    The warning isnt even checked off!

PS... Just had this msg pop up when i was filling this post out... Strange, never had it come up before outside ssl2, now on ssl2 forums also.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
    Taylor likes this.
  2. Black Widow

Black Widow Forum Administrator Administrator

Hello, if you're getting re-directs, i recommend scanning your computer for virus's of all types, try ad-ware cleaner,malwarebytes anti-malware, and rouge killer. These i use, you may find something using them that's causing you to constantly redirect. Perhaps you were hi-jacked.

3. Kroniic

I highly doubt i have a virus, but ill check the programs you listed and check back shortly, thnx for the response.

OK, downloaded malwarebytes and rougekiller, ran scans on both, deleted/quarantined the few things that popped up... gonna go back to game and see what happens.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
    Taylor likes this.
  4. Black Widow

Good, hope it fixed your problem. :)

5. arvidh

arvidh Unconfirmed Member

I see you listed a bunch of things you've done to prevent this problem... maybe a stupid question, but have you tried any other browser?

Taylor likes this.
  6. cloaca

cloaca Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

That's good advice from a noob

Taylor likes this.
  7. Black Widow

Jealous I'm a bigger noob than you? But no really hopefully that guy got his answer just waiting to see if he responds back for results.

Taylor likes this.
  8. Kroniic

Well played the rest of the night no problems, then the next day played for a couple hours before it happened again. Rescanned malware, with no results. Happened again today just now also. I havent actually tried another browser lol, i hate IE and will never use it, and i was hopin this would be an easy fix so i wouldnt have to download chrome. But seeing as its still happening and scans arent picking anything up, im just gonna download chrome and see if it happens there.

9. Kroniic

Ive tried playing 3 games on chrome now and gotten error 1007 everytime... ive seen the other posts about this error and there doesnt seem like much i can do.
    Is it just my bad luck, why cant i just play without problems lol. Ill try a few more games with chrome, but then im goin back to firefox.

New Bitmap Image.jpg

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  10. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

We really need Champ back to fix these multiple bugs popping up here and there people are experiencing. I haven't experienced any of these but it could lead to many more. Besides I believe everyone should have the right to play the game if they want with no problems such as this.

11. Kroniic

I did a total firefox uninstall and redownloaded/installed it, havent had a redirect since... seems like it solved the problem, whatever it was.

12. Erile

Erile First Sergeant (11) Member

You may have to use IE to download Chrome though, Firefox has a tendency to block the download process of Chrome. ;)