1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Can we please STOP these idiotic XP games!!

Discussion in 'General Game Talk' started by jbalwin, Mar 27, 2016.

1. jbalwin

jbalwin Corporal (5) Member

It seems every single time I try to find a game or play a game in ShellShock, 90% of the lobbies are people doing these dumb move to the middle or rebound games for "Fast XP" or "Easy lvls for noobs". Why can't people just play the game for what it is and earn the levels to get better at it rather than sitting in these point or rebound games all day long to get to a higher to be no better at the game itself in the end? Seriously, why are you going to pay money to play a game that you are basically glitching to get to a high level and not actually play the game you payed for!? Please get some kind of moderators to keep these games out; they don't help anyone and ruin the environment of the game and the players itself.

Penguin likes this.
  2. xXTacocubesXx

xXTacocubesXx Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Yes, many of us have complained and tried to do something about it. The funny thing is, stacking doesn't even work. It truly doesn't, save for a few weapons because of how they fundamentally work. The only thing stacking is good for is getting regular xp like you'd earn in any game within a shorter time frame. Many people I'm assuming don't realize this.

Penguin likes this.
  3. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

well i'm starting to join this games and say" dumb asses you are lvl 20 average and i'm lvl 99 did you ever asked yourself why?suckers?" and then i leave so,while they are alone,they have time to understand how dumb ass they are xD (i tried to explain it normaly but they are REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY DUMB) i can understand that people use a faster way to do things,thats normal.But man after 300 useless games they should understand that it doesn't worko_O
    But i think that one day they will understand it so grind games wouldn't exist anymore

4. referee11

referee11 First Lieutenant (16) Member

No. No they won't. Remember, these people are the same people who still do it when people with more experience tell them it doesn't work. I gave 7 different games an explanation of why it doesn't work, and I saw all 7 up with the stupid stacking as part of the name. These people will not stop, even if there is proof against it. Just like the stupid ruler "virus" that has ruined the game, this won't go away. It's a cutthroat fact.

Tavi, xXTacocubesXx and Penguin like this.
  5. Penguin

thats sad i explained to thems too without a good feed back.However i still think that an IN GAME SSL GUIDE WOULD WORK.Thats jsut an idea i would read it too,maybe a guide with some pictures as well so it wouldn't be too boring

6. referee11

How would this help in this situation? If they don't listen to people, they wouldn't listen to a guide. Remember, most of them would probably do it anyways, regardless if the guide was there. Making it for the purpose would be a massive waste of time and energy when we could be focusing on, I don't know, the ruler problem? That's more important imo.

7. Holy2334

Holy2334 Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

I'm telling you. @kChamp just needs to deduct wep xp for whenever you hit yourself just like regular xp and they will stop doing it real quick. It's a nerf which is sad, but it's necessary since that is being exploited like crazy.

I normally ruin those games as best I can, and I'm not the only one who does it either :) & it's definitely worth the xp for me at least especially when they figured out how to do it with a 1.36xp multiplier. Not the fastest way, but it will do.

xXTacocubesXx, Penguin and referee11 like this.
  8. MeowrPower

MeowrPower Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

I was told by noobs I would be banned for not joining them in the middle and how one of them was the dev xD
    I love going into those games and messing them up especially cause I still need to do that win 100 points game challenge xD

Tavi, Penguin, Awesume and 2 others like this.
  9. Penguin

some times i join this games for the master beam lol xD or the travelers.Can do 1000 xp in a shot when they don't stacked yet

10. HARDROCK MINER

HARDROCK MINER Unconfirmed Member

• Spam.
    Waaaaa!,Waaaaa,Waaaaa,Waaaaaaaa, Waaaaaaa,Waaaaaaaa,Waaaaaa,!!!!!

11. KingKyd

KingKyd Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

I can't even tell you how amusing it is to join one of these games and sabotage it. I don't like ruining people's good times but if they persist after being explained to how the concept doesn't actually work, it's well deserved.

If they were smart, they wouldn't stack, but put their tanks relatively close to each other. Have two groups of four in a team match of closely-gathered tanks, to help gain XP on spread weapons like Cactus Strike, Fireworks, and Helicopter Strike. This would also work for weapons that spread directly from a tank, like Synclets or Needler; since the tanks are close together, fired across the map, most projectiles would still hit a tank. Furthermore, this would make it easier to make more difficult shots altered for portals/bumpers/damage multipliers since there's a much greater target area.

It's quite sad though, watching newer players be suckered into this never-ending cycle of ill-informed madness.

They should attend the School of Hard Shox to learn a thing or two.

referee11 and xXTacocubesXx like this.
  12. adv0catus

adv0catus Private E-2 (3) Member

It's a game that's played for enjoyment. If someone else is enjoying the game in a way that is not the same as you, that doesn't devalue them or their enjoyment. Everyone is going to play the game differently and get different things out of it. It's not a case of "my way or the highway."

Does this personally affect, impact you, negatively? I think not... so just let people do what they want.

banna likes this.
  13. referee11

Not all of them do it for amusement. In fact, most of them do it because it is just the fastest way to get XP, even though it isn't. Some have even said it isn't fun, but it "helped them" get levels faster. Not everyone does it for fun.

If we didn't complain about things that were trivial in the long run, no one would be here right now. Especially since the game looked like it was gonna die 3 months ago. This game, in theory, has no significance to anyone's life. Besides, that's like asking, "Does it impact you if someone robs a bank but it's not yours? Then just go with it." That's not how that works, friend.

14. TReaper405

TReaper405 New Born (1) Member

So I just wanted to chime in on this thread as a new player and someone that was playing in these stacking games for a while but have since quit. I've seen all the tactics mentioned ITT and the only one that actually made a difference was a guy explaining why it didn't make sense to stack. After that I really paid attention to how I was getting xp from those and regular games and realized my error.

xXTacocubesXx and referee11 like this.
  15. referee11

Thank you for your input! Sadly, there are more people who are more stubborn, so they will always remain a thing. However, if you enjoy playing casually, go ahead! It would be nice if more people could understand the truth like you. :)

16. HARDROCK MINER

Waaaaa!,Waaaaa!,Waaaaa!,Waaaa,Waaaaaa,Waaaaaa! Aw Shut Up Already ! all of you peoples crying is giving me a headache!!

17. referee11

1. You quoted the same post as before.
    2. You were just as rude. Show respect to other members, even if you disagree with them.
    Besides, if you didn't want to hear complaining, why did you come here? This is a forum for Pete's sake. Discussing things you don't like is a huge part of it.

Scarlet likes this.
  18. Penguin

are you one of this 3000IQ people that does all in mid xp games?

19. adv0catus

adv0catus Private E-2 (3) Member

So... they want to play inefficiently. How is that your problem?

20. Penguin

less players to play with...and it's a big waste since this games doesn't even work and this people may say that "ssl is a bad game cause you need huge xp to lvl up i ll do bad reviews of that game" while it's their fault not of ssl.Stopping this games is usefull for SSL at first and 2nd for the players

GooodHerb likes this.
  21. xXTacocubesXx

We try to help them for their sake, not ruin their fun and argue why it doesn't work just to make them mad. It doesn't matter whether or not it's our problem. Is it unusual for people to help others if they're not involved? Even if it's not necessary, it takes integrity or courage to do what you think is right, as opposed to just ignoring the issue altogether. If people see something that they know isn't right (Like stacking even though it doesn't work anymore, at least the way most people do it) they WILL jump out and say something about it. In which case, you can let us continue proclaiming how stacking doesn't work while you do your own thing.

referee11 likes this.
  22. HARDROCK MINER

OK,Iget it! some of you have a problem with stacking, I don't ,but I am entitled to my opinion just like you !
    Why then do some of you cowards ,yes cowards ! Kick me and leave games & asasinate me because of it ?
    At least be manly about it & lets talk about it ,dont back-stab me ! You COWARDS!!

23. Black Widow

Black Widow Forum Administrator Administrator

@HARDROCK MINER, it's not going to help if you attack them for their opinions on it as well though, and telling them to shut up doesn't help either. Please be a little more courteous when you're replying to other members of this forum. Otherwise you will only be causing trouble, and we staff members will be forced to take action against it. We don't like to punish people, but if we need to step in when we see behavior unsatisfactory on the forum we will. Thank you, and a belated welcome to the forum as well.

Scarlet, referee11 and xXTacocubesXx like this.
  24. xXTacocubesXx

We're talking about it right here. And we have a problem because stacking doesn't actually work like it did in SSL2. It actually doesn't, except for weapons like laser, saw blade, and maybe static. But stacking is still a viable way to get quick xp, because it should take less than a second per turn. But you will not get extra xp, like 7 times the xp, which is probably what most people think. If you stack for the first reason then that is fine, but if you think you're getting 7 times the xp than normal, you should reconsider why you stack. This is not a demand, this is not a mandate, just something you should think about.

Penguin likes this.
  25. Penguin

i can't understand what you are saying i mean they are kicking you out from the game or they kill you in the game?or they kill you and then they kick you?If you hate people that kick for no reasons i'm agree kicking out of the game isn't something good to do,but you don't have to act like that you can explain your opinions in other ways.
    ps:taco they wouldn't understand,people can be really stubborn and this stack games are now really popular, the only way to destroy stack games is to make some kinds of updates like: hit yourself or team for 5 times and you get kicked out of the game (like when you don't shot for 3 turns in a row)