1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Custom Weapons

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by darklegion741, May 16, 2014.

1. darklegion741

darklegion741 Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

There are many weapons that we dream of in SSL2. As well as suiting your playing style, they describe your characteristics and your likes/dislikes. What if it can become a real, valid weapon? A weapon that suits you in every way? A weapon that is unique and special to you? It would make us all very content.

I will explain how this works:

-60 Tank Coins required to design a changeable weapon
    -A menu appears once you start designing (Color of shot, size of explosion, number of shots etc.)
    -Up to 3 weapons can be stored (like Map Creator).
    -Start from scratch or base it off another weapon (boring!)
    -Test it out in Firing Range!
    -Animation menu (Selection of some animations available).

At level 1 all weapons can only deal a maximum of 50 damage. This will increase with intervals of 20. The strongest being 130 damage. If a Level 5 weapon with 10 shots is used, each bullet will deal 13 damage. The damage will very with amount of shots and size of explosions. Big explosion designer weapons amount to very little damage, small explosion weapons, amount to more damage.

Obviously a few tweaks here and there, feel free to give suggestions on how this can be improved.

jpcas and Hells Fury like this.
  2. Hells Fury

Hells Fury Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

I like the idea, a lot. Only suggestion I have is instead of having a given damage, have a maximum limit. For example, instead of doing a a max of 130 at level 5, have a damage limit of 168 or so (since a lot of weapons have a damage that is a factor of 168). This way, the host gets more control and creativity over their weapon, which can actually be unique. Think about it, a level 5 SuperChicken doing 151 damage. Now that, I'd like to see.

3. Black Widow

Black Widow Forum Administrator Administrator

The idea is nice, but it sounds a little harder to implement this in the game than it is to hear about it, i don't like to always be a debbie downer with everything but I'm not so sure this would really be easy to do.

darklegion741 likes this.
  4. darklegion741

I just don't want people making another MegaNuke or some other prestige weapons. Also, I think they should not be allowed a choice of choosing the damage because everybody will go for the highest amount of damage possible.

Yeah, I know it would be really difficult to do. I just wanted to know what everybody thought of it, even though the chances of Kyle adding this is slim. Best I can do, hope for the best.

5. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

The damage range should be from 0 to 100. Or make it like, the bigger explosion the lesser the damage.
    It should cost 100 coins for the editor itself containing basic stuff, and 20~60 coins for some extras.

If the above statements are to be implemented, I agree.

6. jpcas

jpcas Staff Sergeant (8) Member

that's an awesome idea..
    but i think that the power of the shot should be dependent on many various factors: i.e. the xp of the maker. the more xp you've got, the stronger weapon you can make

7. HyphenUnderscoreHyphen

HyphenUnderscoreHyphen Sergeant First Class (9) Member

well.. wouldn't that just make it like, a level 51 wep? You level up, and you get better weps...

8. darklegion741

What I really don't want is people making weapon packs or prestiges out of it.

An example of what I would make: Dark Angel

Shot: Medium
    Colour: Black
    Explosion: Large (one explosion)
    Appearance: Custom (angel in this case)
    Damage: 74

Fires a dark angel that swoops into the sky. After one second, it flies upwards swiftly, does a loop and plummets straight down.

It really brings creativity and passion into designing weapons which is why I love the Suggest A Weapon thread by @********** . Instead of just letting weapon suggestions that take a lot of thinking go unnoticed, we could design it ourselves and turn it into reality. :)

9. jpcas

jpcas Staff Sergeant (8) Member

well, if you discount the whole thing this thread is about, then yes. of course. but i thought that this weap is also supposed to be custom, personalised. and that's the main thing, right?

i also thought that the stronger weapons should cost more tc.. but then the whole creator unlock should be cheaper

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  10. darklegion741

I agree with you fully. Don't see anything wrong with that, though I believe my custom weapons idea might be very difficult programming.

Taylor and jpcas like this.
  11. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

Great idea, but wouldn't this result in too many OP weps? Some players have what seems anlike infinite TC.

12. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

@Google567
    Here is the solution:

Taylor, darklegion741 and jpcas like this.
  13. darklegion741

Then again, it will be more pay-to-win but with RumzMumzMario's suggestion, the weapons won't be too overpowered.

@Google567 there will only be 3 slots for custom weapons, each having an equal percentage to start with as all other owned weapons.

Taylor likes this.
  14. Tavi

Tavi First Sergeant (11) Member

MegaFiesta would be mine))
    How would the naming of the weaps be though? Just 'Custom1' 'Custom2' etc, having a syllable per weap like in other games[if based off of other weaps] (Ex. ChaosFaction's character customization) where each shot-type adds a few letters from the original(Ex. SuperCat+Kittens+Cat= SuperKitCat), or just a Custom name?
    I really like the idea of having a weapon that's just yours, or if a clan system gets added in-game the members could have a weapon with specifics for each member to make as a clan-weapon.

darklegion741 and Taylor like this.
  15. darklegion741

A custom name for the weapon may be chosen.

That guild weapon you were speaking of, just what I was about to suggest! My second reason for wanting this feature to be implemented, even though I am currently not in a clan. :)