1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Deception's Ultimate SSL2 Guide

Discussion in 'General Game Talk' started by Candor, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Erile

Erile First Sergeant (11) Member

Interestingly, I never seen blossom get max damage on a direct shot. The most I have ever seen on a direct shot is the initial hit, 2 hits from the first wave, and 2 hits from the second wave. :)

Actually, I'm not talking about straight aiming ;) I was talking about if someone's tank is farther away than 45 degrees can hit. The 45 degrees up shot can go just over half the screen at maximum power. But if you lower it down, you can go much farther and still get a nice curve down behind hills. You can get the most distance with max power at 22 degrees up. :)

jgalloway64 likes this.
  2. Mr Anonymous

Mr Anonymous Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Go try blossom in the firing range then come back and tell me that. On dirt or a flat map, it works. :)

[​IMG]

You can not see 22 degrees on the first shot to know exactly where it is going to hit. That is why I said it is an opening weapon to use at 45 degrees, the 45 angle lines are there on your circle even on first shot. Learning to aim a boomerang at a 45 angle is the best way to learn how to use the weapon. Firing at 22 degrees is not a known angle or method of aiming with any weapon so it falls into the "straight aim" category being a low flying shot. You have 3 basic ways/methods to aim weapons on the game which is high, straight, and a 45 angle. Another good thing about it, you use it on first shot with 100 power and 45 angle, you know your high aim for the next shot will be 100,103 or 100,77 depending on the side you are on. So, it sets you off to a good game dialing in your aim on the victim from the first shot on. :)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
    jgalloway64 likes this.
  3. darklegion741

darklegion741 Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

Sniper

A very small shot with an equally small explosion radius. Sniper deals 40 to 100/44 to 110/48 to 120/52 to 130/56 to 140 damage. This weapon is distance-based and is best used long range. To deal full damage with Sniper, you must be at least 2 times the radius of the aiming circle away from the target. This is illustrated in the picture below.

Rain

Fires a light-blue flare that releases several raindrops from the sky, after bouncing 3 times. Each raindrop deals 2/2/2/3/3 damage and explodes with a radius similar to that of Sniper. The most effective way to use rain, fire it at an opponent on land with little no to bumps. This is illustrated below with a correct way and an incorrect way.

Grenade

Fires an explosive that explodes after bouncing 5 times. Grenade deals 50/55/60/65/70 damage and has an explosion radius similar to that of Hover-Ball. Grenade is best used against an enemy trapped in a hole or on flat land. Both methods are illustrated below.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
    jgalloway64 likes this.
  4. Erile

Ok, I believe you lol. I don't have the weapon so I can't test it. I was just relating what I've seen - a lot of people miss that third hit on the second wave. :)

I agree that learning to aim at 45 is good to start. I can hit different distances on the first turn at 45 degrees. But, if someone is farther away than just over half the screen, you can't hit them at 45 degrees :) However, you can hit up to 2/3 away at 22 degrees!

22 degrees from the horizontal is very easy to see on the first shot :) It is exactly halfway between 0 and 45, so it is very easy to choose even on the first turn. At at the distances I am talking about, it curves over hills very nicely because of the long way the boomerang is traveling. It doesn't curve as much as 45 degrees, but is definitely useful as a starting shot at 100 power.

jgalloway64 likes this.
  5. Mr Anonymous

If they don't get the full damage/3 hits with the 2nd wave on a blossom, then they just aimed poorly/missed there shot. Either way though really is the same damage rather direct hit or hitting to the side. I'd rather hit direct so I know my next shot is going to be lined up perfectly on them if they get lazy and don't move lol.

On the boomerang, people is never out of range on the first shot at 45 degrees. 1v1, you both start off at a distance it can reach from a 45 angle with a small amount of movement, if they back up, you can pull forward or either way around. 2v2 and 3v3 will always have someone in range as well. 22 degrees from horizontal is not very easy to see, being that it is a large open gap with no lines/markings of 22 degrees. It's easy to be 2 to even 5 degrees off with no numbers on the first shot. Most hits pretty close together with that weapon though. Everything in that gap is a straight aim. Sure it can be straight aimed, a lot of people does. I do even sometimes when I get lazy lol. Just learning a 45 angle with it is a way to help them get the weapon down and be able to use it in a lot of places where straight aiming would be useless with it. You can also hit a little farther away aiming higher around 28 to 30 degrees gets the most distance it will go.

jgalloway64 likes this.
  6. darklegion741

There isn't a formula for calculating the distance Boomerang travels, is there? From what I know, Boomerang travels at high speed in its initial direction. Some distance/time later it reaches a point at which it slows down and eventually arcs back. Am I correct in saying so?

jgalloway64 likes this.
  7. Mr Anonymous

Yes, actually there is a formula to calculate the distance (45 angle) boomerang travels. Basically an easy start on it is knowing 50 power at a 45 angle hits the edge of the circle, then work your way up and down different power settings from there to see exactly where it will hit at each power you put it on from a 45 angle.
    [​IMG]

jpcas, darklegion741 and jgalloway64 like this.
  8. Erile

Actually, there are several maps where people are out of range. And sometimes its better to hit a specific target than a random one. ;)

The farthest boomerang will go on flat ground is using the angles of 22 or 23 degrees. Not 28 or 30 degrees.

jgalloway64 likes this.
  9. Mr Anonymous

Wow, are you being fkn serious right now? The whole point of using a 45 angle is to hit an exact/specific place/person on the map. Not just straight aiming like a damn noob. I NEVER said hit a random target, do NOT put words in my mouth that I have not said. Everything I do, I do it precisely. I am a perfectionist, I want every shot I make to be calculated to an exact point. You can use the A and the D to MOVE your tank like I said, NOBODY is out of range on the first shot as long as you can make a 45 angle shot with the boomerang. I have been playing this game long enough to know what the hell I am talking about. :)

Yes, actually it can even if it is just a bit farther.
    [​IMG]
    Also just going to add this in to get my point across.
    [​IMG]
    BTW: I'd seriously love to know where I ever said "Just shoot it at a 45 angle and hit some random place/target."?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
    darklegion741 and jgalloway64 like this.
  10. Erile

I didn't mean to upset you, I didn't put words in your mouth, and I didn't say any of the things you are getting upset about. I literally agreed with everything you said about using boomerang at 45 degrees. I use 45 degrees all the time and often hit people on the first round with boomerang. I do so at a variety of easy -to-choose angles and powers, where 45 is the easiest on the first turn, and 22 degrees is the second easiest.

Most maps have someone out of range of boomerang at the start of the battle, some have everyone out of range. If you want to hit those farther away targets, being able to gently arc boomerang over a longer distance is very helpful. 45 degrees on a flat map goes about 55% of the map at full power and 22-23 degrees goes about 66% of the map. Note, you have to have flat or negative contour ground for this value to be valid. The curved ground maps in the gifs do not give the results I stated because the ground interferes.

22 degrees is very easy to pick on your first turn as a precise angle. It is exactly halfway between the 0 and 45 degree marks. Using it allows boomerang use for distances that 45 degrees can never reach. Only at these distances, it arcs very nicely and can hit over hills. I have very clearly said I only for distances 45 cannot reach.

All I did was add additional information that no one had said. This information allows people to get more out of boomerang at larger distances by changing the angle to a very easy to find place.

darklegion741 likes this.
  11. darklegion741

I agree with you 100%.

You must also remember 22 degrees is almost a direct shot. 45 degrees however, is a matter of arcing slightly to hit enemies hiding behind hills. As for me, I just aim normally and adjust the aiming so it is above the target. No problems with Boomerang up until arcing it.

22 degrees is useful as you said in the flatter maps, you are absolutely correct in that statement. @Mr Anonymous has also shared valuable knowledge with a touch more complexity and flexibility. I therefore, thank you both! :)

jgalloway64 and Mr Anonymous like this.
  12. Mr Anonymous

This is what pissed me off. I have NEVER said hit a random target. Sure, straight aiming is fine for a lot of maps. I was simply giving information for a good way/different way to use the boomerang. In all my time playing, I've only seen very few people be able to use it like I do so it's good to let others know how. People is never out of range on the first shot, you can always move like I said. 1v1, you start off close enough to be able to use it easily on the first shot. I've been doing it my whole time playing the game in 1v1's, I think I'd know if range was a problem for it lol. Some maps start off with "everyone out of range"? Wow, I need to know what maps starts all 3 players on the other team or FFA players stacked against the back wall? If I start a game and find all 3 players on the other team is "out of range" of a boomerang, I'd just be happy they are stacked up in a group against a wall.

[​IMG]

jgalloway64 and Mr Synikal like this.
  13. Erile

I agreed with what you said, ok? :) The statement you are getting upset over is taken out of context in my opinion, so just trust me in that its not what you think. Please just let's move on. :) Maps like the too-often-used map 10 put all the players on both sides farther than boomerang can generally hit at 45 degrees. And if you are a player in the back of many maps, you often can't hit the other team's players at 45 degrees.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  14. Mr Anonymous

Through this entire thing, you have tried to undermine everything I've said about the boomerang. You have tried to go against everything I've said as if I knew nothing about the game and you know everything. If you don't like it, that's fine but don't tell me my way is wrong just because you don't do it the same way. Sure, there is a lot of maps you can use your way and do fine with, but there is also a whole lot of maps that you can not straight aim in. Besides all that, if the people keeps straight aiming everytime, they will never learn to use the weapon properly. Then when they actually need it in a tough spot, they won't know what the hell they are doing.

Also, here's map 10. Always someone in range, even if it isn't the person in the top spot. Aiming 22 degrees wouldn't get the person on top from any starting position on the map so it doesn't really matter.
    [​IMG]

jgalloway64 likes this.
  15. moh

moh Corporal (5) Member

bounder needs no aming

jgalloway64 likes this.
  16. darklegion741

Mr Anonymous, I have always respected you and I still do. @Erile is not going against what you have said. She is simply stating a second method of using Boomerang. Additional info, right? I need as much info as I can get, in order to help with the guide. You my friend, have contributed excellent information about Boomerang as Erile has. Please don't dispute over who is right and who is wrong. You are both absoluetly correct in your way of aiming. Your method would not work in certain situations and Erile's method would also not work in certain situations. That is why we need all the methods we can get, including both methods you two have contributed.

Let us settle our differences and work as a team. She has already apologised to you and we need no further arguments about this. :)

jgalloway64 and Erile like this.
  17. darklegion741

Flame

Shoots 12 small, flaming pellets one after another in a similar direction. Each Flame pellet sticks to land and tanks, burning twice before disappearing. 1 damage is dealt each time a Flame pellet burns a tank. Flame is not a distance-based weapon and should be used close to the enemy, ensuring the full damage is dealt.

Digger

Fires a brown projectile that upon collision, bounces up and down 5 times vertically. Each explosion radius is similar to that of Heavy Shot and deals 15/17/19/20/21 damage. Digger is not distance-based and should be used close to the enemy, ensuring the full damage is dealt.

Gravits

Fires 5 projectiles in a vertical column. Each projectile has a different gravity exerted upon it and separate faster with increased distance.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
    jgalloway64 and moh like this.
  18. moh

moh Corporal (5) Member

digger is not pink its brown

jgalloway64 likes this.
  19. Mr Anonymous

On gravits, it would be good to let them know about shooting just a bit under someone parked on the side of a hill and also on flat maps, you can get just under 5 degrees away, and use 5 degrees of angle from flat to make all 5 hit and get 95 damage.

jgalloway64 and darklegion741 like this.
  20. darklegion741

Yes, I know. I have been crazy busy preparing for vacation and have not got around to showing tips. I will devote most of my time focusing on this guide tomorrow, having abandoned it for long enough.

moh, jgalloway64 and Mr Anonymous like this.
  21. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

1. ShellShock Live. ShellShock is a compound word, not separated.
    2. The crate possibility, where is the armor? :3
    3. Prestige. You can prestige more than 10 times...
    4. Update the prestige weapons! There is not Excavation and Python.
    5. The deluxe. In SSL2, 6 months deluxe is not available.

To me, it looks pretty outdated...

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
    Candor likes this.
  22. ApprenticeOfGames

ApprenticeOfGames Staff Sergeant (8) Member

I would add using a wall to hit all at max damage which is 28 each so 140.

23. Mr Anonymous

that's the same as the side of a hill basically. Usually use moles on the walls, is about the only way to get moles to hit right lol.

jgalloway64 likes this.
  24. Candor

Candor Forum Peasant Moderator

Thanks, ive mad those changes, working on weps.

If anyone is interested in helping me with weapon descriptions, let me know. Id appreciate it.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  25. Batgirl

Batgirl Lieutenant Colonel (19) Member

guess this guy need some help again

tell me what u did and ill finish (will try) it off