1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Disconnecting before the game starts

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by pojochiggen, Oct 16, 2014.

1. pojochiggen

pojochiggen New Born (1) Member

It happened to me a while ago and some one today, not sure if their is another thread similar but if you happen to not be able to play a match with out disconnecting, you will need to update your adobe flash, took me a while to figure that out, also you need to restart your computer afterwards..... heh.

2. Jesse Zhang

Jesse Zhang New Born (1) Member

Yeah, true. Sometimes this game throws you a few curveballs here and there. Disconnecting is common. Even with a very good internet signal and connection doesn't guarantee you not disconnecting to the server at all. I'm sure everyone who has played ShellShock Live 2 have experienced it. And yeah, I have many instances where I'm in a 1v1 or a Team Deathmatch mode where I have a good XP amount and you realize why it's taking so long for someone to fire their weapon. The person might have already fired when you have disconnected from the server and realized it. Another way to tell is chatting. You might be constantly chatting with a friend and the don't respond when you send them messages, and 2-10 second later an error message pops up, and makes you feel like (-_-). If this was the first time that error popped up, just giving you a heads up that it's a common issue throughout the history of ShellShock Live. It's usually not your Adobe Flash that needs updating but your computer losing internet connection to the ShellShock Live Server which is 192.232.216.115. But, however, it is a good idea to update Adobe Flash Player as it may lower your latency speed and increase in-game performance speeds.

You can also change the Adobe Flash Player Settings so it automatically updates, especially if you use Mozilla Firefox, because it relies on that software all the time when you game. You can change the settings in the Ad-on menu or Extension Settings depending on which browser you use. Disabling or deleting other useless apps may improve your PC performance as it decrease the CPU and RAM usage. One other thing: Never ever use Internet Explorer. If you do, consider downloading Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera.

Now that your computer automatically updates, you know your that your browser is running at its best performance and will decrease the possibilities of disconnecting to server. Notice, decrease doesn't mean once and for all. But anyways many people have posted threads about this issue, and currently kChamp is updating and tweaking the game to increase the in-game performance at the moment. But there will be situations when you can lose connection even with a fast, five-bar internet connection. So don't be surprised if it happens in the future.