1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Discussion about weapon pack 7 and what kChamp should do

Discussion in 'General Game Talk' started by cloaca, Jul 19, 2014.

1. cloaca

cloaca Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

So the facebook page of shellshock live 2 just posted that weapon pack 7 is in the works and taking suggestions.. What do you guys think about this?

moh and Taylor like this.
  2. F1r3tar

F1r3tar Corporal (5) Member

Didn't even know they were working on it. :Y

moh and Taylor like this.
  3. arvidh

arvidh Unconfirmed Member

I think it's another way for him to keep gaining cash from this game. So he can kickback and relax like he seem to do. Drops by every once in a while, a couple months passes by each time.

I couldn't care less for another pack, even though I probably would buy it just because I like to have everything when it comes to this game. Because it is fun.

But, it would be so much more fun if the game itself would actually work atleast 95% flawless.

Just my two cents......

cloaca, moh, xXxTnTxXx and 1 other person like this.
  4. itlives

itlives Sergeant (7) Member

Maybe, JUST MAYBE, he should wait for a little bit before he puts in another stupid pack and put in the remaining 4 Prestige weapons. I mean, come on, Kyle, what is wrong with you? You said they are already finished, yet you won't add them? Don't work on another pack to get our money and work on something you made almost a year ago. Is putting in 4 weapons instead of TBDs harder than making 10 new weapons and how to get our money? Not to mention every single bug he won't fix.

So I'd say no to WP 7. c;

jgalloway64, cloaca, moh and 11 others like this.
  5. Mr Anonymous

Mr Anonymous Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

A new pack would be good with me. It gets boring having the same old weapons every game. Is great about the new pack but don't expect it out anytime before Oct/Nov if not longer than then. I really do want the prestige weapons more, so tired of these damn useless TBD's. It's not right starting games with 2 and 3 TBD's instead of the weapons that I worked for and paid for.

cloaca, moh, KingKyd and 2 others like this.
  6. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

@cloaca Ugh you beat me to it.
    Here's the image.

[​IMG]

moh and Dryykon like this.
  7. Dryykon

Dryykon Second Lieutenant (15) Member

I think @kChamp (as he may actually look at this thread..) ought to fix the bugs, not make another pack.

People will play the game more if there are less bugs.

There are already enough weapons.

EDIT: Also the prestige weps. It's really time to add those. And they had better not be overly weak/random.

moh, F1r3tar, Taylor and 3 others like this.
  8. Taylor

Its been stressed also that if he needs suggestions go to the thread dedicated to it which includes hundreds of ideas.
    I know its a business ploy to have people give suggestions on FB and then do whatever you think comes to mind, but not necessary cause theres a thread that a bunch of people put a lot of work into.

Besides that glitches/bugs, errors, prestige weps, and in game mods need to happen first.

moh likes this.
  9. itlives

itlives Sergeant (7) Member

We all know by now he doesn't really care for the game, because if he did, there would be no bugs, all the weapons, and in-game mods. But instead, he just wants our money by making perks (which he hasn't made any more of), new Weapon Packs, and achievements making us buy stuff. And I have yet to see Kyle prove me wrong on this.

moh, Dryykon and Miami_Heat_Lover like this.
  10. cacadun

cacadun Unconfirmed Member

I, as a player, think new weapons are completely unnecessary. Why?
    Because what is point in having more weapons if game is unstable and unsecured.
    Server problems, bugs and glitches should be fixed first before any other update of the game.
    Why would I pay for new weapons or perks if game is crashing more and more often, its waste of money if you ask me (investing in unstable and unsecured system).
    So, I'll give you @kChamp money (by buying coins) if you clear up all those bugs, because Ill have insurance and stability in what I gave my money.

cloaca, moh, Mr Synikal and 2 others like this.
  11. Credipede

Credipede Forum Administrator Administrator

In my opinion we need new features and bug fixes, instead of weapons.

moh, chickadee, KingKyd and 4 others like this.
  12. cacadun

cacadun Unconfirmed Member

Adding new features will only make game "harder" for the servers, so server fails will be more often => bug fixes first

moh, Dryykon, Mr Synikal and 2 others like this.
  13. Mr Synikal

Mr Synikal Sergeant Major (12) Member

What I would like to see done in order:

1. Fix all bugs/glitches/errors...checked on periodically
    2. Add the last 4 Prestige weapons
    3. Add a few select In-game Moderators
    4. Weapon Pack 7
    5. New Perks
    6. Clan System

I know that we're able to get past Prestige 10. But, let's have 10 more legit Prestige levels so players aren't looked at as hackers just because they are Prestige 23. We're willing to grow with the game if additional Prestige goals can be made available to us. I'm basically stuck in a rut at Prestige 10 Level 50 (Yes, it's my choice).

The Achievements system was a good idea and possibly fun for newbies, but for most of us veterans, we got all the achievements within hours of the system being implemented. So that one kind of failed only because new achievements haven't been added since then. I'm sure most would agree that it's taking up valuable space that could be used in better ways because, in fact, it doesn't really have a great benefit to the game for everyone if it's not maintained.

14. Taylor

I've been thinking does Champ work alone or with a small team? I think it would be nice if he had others to rely on instead of trying to accomplish everything himself. In that way all these problems maybe would be fixed but for sure minimized. He then could focus on bugs and stuff as they come up instead of coming back and scrambling to figure out how to do all this stuff at once.

moh, Credipede and Mr Synikal like this.
  15. Mr Anonymous

Mr Anonymous Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

One other thing I would really love to see in the game is a 500 health option for death match's. The weapons we have now are so strong that 2 shot games are common which becomes very annoying.

16. Oortcloud

Oortcloud Corporal (5) Member

@kChamp I've seen and added in many many weapon suggestions, but they are constantly ignored so I see no reason to bother wasting time with more suggestions. There are numerous bugs in the game that have been identified many times as well that are not being fixed. I love that he still adds to the game in the form of packs, but honestly, I wish each of these kinds of updates came with bug fixes or just more completion on the features already added - mini game, prestige weaps, the clan stuff (I thought that was announced as "in the works" and then not another peep. Not a clan member myself but might consider it if there was some interesting in game feature that helped to monitor/track/record stuff) etc.

It would go a long way in restoring player confidence.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2014
    moh, Mr Synikal and Taylor like this.
  17. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

Nononono.
    There should be at least 3500, which is almost as long as 30 turns.

Instead, why won't we make it optional? From 50hp to 4000hp?

18. KingKyd

KingKyd Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Sigh... do I even need to say anything? I think itlives, Google, and Bach pretty much got it right.

We don't want your Weapon Pack 7. WE DON'T WANT SOMETHING NEW TO PAY FOR, PERIOD. We want you to repair and finish what's ALREADY IN THE GAME. You just think you can come in here and add something new to make money and completely disregard the people of the very community that supports your game the most?! What kind of developer are you?

Yeah I get it. You probably have college, you have things you need to do with your life, but Kyle, if you are so busy that you can't afford to visit your own forum more than a dozen times a year, why don't you just hire someone else to help take care of the game for you? I've tried to have patience and tolerance but you just show me more and more each time you come back that you do not care, and I'm sick of it. Not just me, but a lot of other people.

So here, genius. Here's a list of things that need to be done, so you don't have to look anywhere else:
    • Make an in-game moderation system, so public accounts and abusive players can be banned.
    • Fix the account lockout bug, which in case you don't know, there is now a way for players to login to an account, usually public, and stay logged in no matter how many times someone else logs into the account. Basically, immunity to being logged out and allowing people to control MAT, asad123, and other public accounts however they please.
    • Add the rest of the Prestige weapons. Man, am I sick of typing that.
    • Fix the "friend currently unavailable" bug for the friends list.
    • Make one of the mods, preferably a few, on the forum an administrator. With you gone so much, there's a good deal of things that can't be done that the current moderators need to have control over.
    There are more items that could be added but they're not really a necessity, so I didn't include them. Those five things though, are necessities. If you do all five of these, me and a lot of other people are going to be very pleased with the game.

It's not always about money. Matter of fact, you may start losing a lot of it when us committed players start leaving. So do what's right.

referee11, cloaca, Goomba and 14 others like this.
  19. RumMumMario

By the way, I wouldn't mind to have a new weapon pack released, IF it costs less because of the inconveniences regarding the prestige weapons and stuff like that said by posts above.

......kChump, action speaks louder than words.

moh likes this.
  20. arvidh

arvidh Unconfirmed Member

Ingame mods should not be implemented, i do not trust a single person for that.
    if a player is afk two rounds, there should be a kick option though.
    or if theres excessive swearing or something there should be a voting system in game for kicking that person

mods will only abuse their powers or do it wrong

moh, cacadun and banna like this.
  21. buyingtime

buyingtime Second Lieutenant (15) Former Moderator

The same could be said of moderators here, and there is not many complaints about them here- would be way more complaints without them. Many popular games have in-game moderators and there are more than 1 or 2 of them to protect from abusing the power. Public accounts need dealt with, people should have some sort of accountability for harassing or racist, and people using other programs to get personal information/hack the game should be dealt with as well.

I see what you are saying that maybe a voting system would be best, but there are moderators here for a reason, and there should be moderators in-game- obviously for a good reason as well.

moh, KingKyd, Mr Synikal and 2 others like this.
  22. RumMumMario

If in-game moderators were implemented, it should be either Towel, TheOnlyGod maybe, or **********. None of them have abused their powers on the forums, and they have the most experience with moderation activity. I would go for ********** > TheOnlyGod > Towel.

Muskanty and moh like this.
  23. buyingtime

buyingtime Second Lieutenant (15) Former Moderator

Oh and, since the thread is about weapon pack 7 technically....

It's nice to know that we are getting a new weapon pack... I will say that is true

and it's also nice to know we are going to get 10... TEN... new weapons in a wep pack, when there are only 4 more prestige weps to make. Just thought I'd mention that...

moh, Csumbi, Taylor and 1 other person like this.
  24. Mr Synikal

Mr Synikal Sergeant Major (12) Member

This happens every time Kyle makes a guest appearance. I think what's frustrating for all of us is that there is so much unfinished work to the game and there has been months of neglect from him listening about the concerns of his own game.

When he comes along to introduce a new weapon pack, we all seem to frown upon it because that really isn't as important as our expectations are to see bugs fixed and have past features completed or maintained. Why move on to something new when past features aren't even done yet? The bottom line is, if he was more involved with us as a community, he would have better support rather than being surprised to hear that a new weapon pack really isn't a priority in this stage of the game as we see it. Sure, I agree a new weapon pack would be nice. But, I think there are other things that should be taken care of first.

moh, Dryykon, Taylor and 1 other person like this.
  25. Csumbi

Csumbi Corporal (5) Member

at kChamp's office

Attached Files:

• 4fd.png
      4fd.png
      File size:
      225.4 KB
      Views:
    moh, JohannZim, Taylor and 2 others like this.