1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Dissconection XP

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Zinkeron, May 25, 2016.

?

Would you like this feature added in ssl?

Poll closed Aug 25, 2016.
  1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Zinkeron

Zinkeron Private First Class (4) Member

Multiple times I (I'm sure other people have too) spent half an hour or so in a max xp lobby with tons of xp (rebound, wind, etc.) and in the middle of the game I get dissconected. It's very frustrating to see the potential 1200 xp flush down the drain when it happens. It would be nice if, when dissconnected, you keep your xp and mults.
    Thanks for reading, have a nice day.

Scarlet, xXTacocubesXx and Taylor like this.
  2. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

If there is a way to do this, I couldn't agree more.

3. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

People can abuse it. I don't think you can differentiate people from manually leaving the lobby and simply disconnecting and even if you could, people can easily disconnect their internet and reconnect to quit the game while keeping the XP.

The best we can do is have no penalties for leaving the lobby so people who actually disconnected don't have to go through the pain of losing hundreds of XP or something, until the network servers are very stable.

Taylor and xXTacocubesXx like this.
  4. xXTacocubesXx

xXTacocubesXx Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

And anyways, for most people, you're probably earning much more xp than you're losing from getting unlucky and disconnecting, depending how much you play the game and your connection. The XP you lose would become negligible in the long run. There's also the matter of disconnecting before the game knows the ultimate outcome of a game, i.e who wins, loses, gets mvp etc. So the potential "1200" you might earn might not end up being quite that much, but it could be.

Another tough problem to solve, but not really of the utmost priority. The pain of losing connection in a game, no matter how painful, is only temporary. If you're losing connection too often to have any fun, well, I guess you shouldn't be playing online games anyway.

Taylor likes this.
  5. Tavi

Tavi First Sergeant (11) Member

If the game can tell the difference between a D/C vs a ragequit/troll, +1. Those of us that d/c constantly, such as myself, the "Lord of Disconnecting" lose out on a ton of xp. Several times on the 30th+ turn in jugg and rebound matches where the victor was clear, then RIP.
    Outside of a d/c though it could open paths to new farming methods, which I just can't support.

xXTacocubesXx, Scarlet and Taylor like this.