1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Expanded Leader Boards ( A New Angle)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ken, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Ken

Ken Sergeant (7) Member

I know others and myself have tried to generate some interest in an expanded leader board and it really hasn't gained any traction, and I thought perhaps a different approach would be necessary.. I realize that while Kyle may enjoy creating and maintaining his games.. he is also a businessman and deserves to be compensated for his time and energies (and will be more likely to make changes to the game, that will benefit him financially)

With that in mind.. I came up with a new idea for an expanded leader board.. (I sent kyle an email outlying my proposal but I am also posting it here ... in the hopes that if there is support among the community, specifically the "staff" we can all see this implemented)

In my version the new leaderboard would include the top 500 spots (250 is minimum/500 is ideal), but instead of a clear cut leader-board where all spots are visible, make it so that a player can only see their current ranking (for the cost of 1 Tank Coin).

ex. If I wanted to see my current ranking (and I was not already in the top 100 spots) for the cost of one tank coin... I would then be able to see ONLY my current ranking.. so I would spend a coin and be told I was in (178th place) and if after a few days / weeks I could spend another coin to see if Ive climbed (and how many spots)

This has the potential (especially for the more competitive / compulsive players ) to bring in a significant revenue stream from coin purchases... as well as create a renewed interest in the game simply by allowing players to vie for the new spots...

I welcome your input on this

have a great day all

and go team USA in the World Cup ^ ^

2. darklegion741

darklegion741 Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

I suggest at the cost of one Tank Coin, players of all rankings should be able to view their rank.

Example- I can view my rank, even though I am nowhere near the top 500 (never mind the top 100). I spend a Tank Coin and it indicates I am rank 1265.

You may see my suggestion as completely and utterly pointless. To me, it matters a great deal. I'm sure other players would feel the same.

Ken likes this.
  3. Ken

Ken Sergeant (7) Member

Im not opposed to that idea... its actually perfectly fine :) I just gave it a cap (of 500 because I thought it was a good "first step" ) but yea making it for all players especially for a TC is a reasonable idea.

darklegion741 likes this.