1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Farewell from ⒷⓊⓎⒾⓃⒼⓉⒾⓂⒺ

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by buyingtime, May 6, 2015.

1. buyingtime

buyingtime Second Lieutenant (15) Former Moderator

There was a so-called 'great' man that once said

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
    By any other name would smell as sweet."

I have pondered his statement, and I get his point. A name itself does not change a person in who they are inside. A name is only a way to readily know who or what is being spoken about, but does not alter who the person is. Regardless, I still disagree with his statement. A name is what separates peoples' knowledge about a specific person from any other on the street. A name may not change a person, but it defines them in our minds.

My name is buyingtime, or perhaps you know my personal name, or my few nicknames like Carrot or Shirley. I am myself... buyingtime... and that separates me from being the same as the rest. I've been here for almost 2 years come this July, and I have tried to make a good name for myself. It didn't start off the best, but over time it became much better. I am leaving here after I say a few final farewells to people in the coming weeks.. but I wrote a response to Shakespeare's famous quote because I have a name, and because of that, it has meaning when I leave.

If you know me or you don't, I still hope you enjoy your time here at the Forums and the game. Make a good name for yourself, and don't forget to put some 'weird' in your life too x)

Goodbye.png

(All ASCII is ©opyright to 'buyingtime'. Each was handmade or tweaked for personal use- no direct copying was used.)
    (I have a very interesting profile to read if you find yourself bored on a rainy day)

"ttfn"

2. jgalloway64

jgalloway64 Master Sergeant (10) Member

Bye dude, never really knew you much but you always had something interesting to say. Farewell~

3. Batgirl

Batgirl Lieutenant Colonel (19) Member

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :( :( :( :( :( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

@WorshipYourQueen @Google567 @magicpudding
    Can u at least sticky this :(

"Old man"
    "Guh a y"
    "<3 katy"

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO LEAVE YOU LIKE MY BIG BROTHER :( :( <3

Last edited: May 6, 2015
    Blue Phantom and Piroutcha like this.
  4. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

5. arvidh

arvidh Unconfirmed Member

Bye my favorite stalker in a tree, you'll be missed! Enjoy life apart from this, maybe we'll see each other some day in the future. You're a great guy, and most importantly; a good friend! Cheers!

6. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

I knew this was going to happen but proud of you man.
    I honored to be mentioned in your poem along with Miss Pudding, among others.
    I agree we all have to leave in some regard one day but I will forever remember the memories we've had here.

7. JohannZim

JohannZim Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

I was going to like your post but i dont like you leaving :( farewell and all hapinness to you buddy.

Taylor and Piroutcha like this.
  8. AlmostSoClose

AlmostSoClose Sergeant Major (12) Member

For a second I thought I was in the poem (ASCII) but nah haha.

I already posted on your profile; but I'll post here too. You were a great addition to the forums and a good friend to me in game. Always a team player - wish we had more time to play together. Have a fantastic life BT, you deserve the best. (Btw this exiting reminds me of the end of the Hobbit part III movie... >.>)

Nightwing and Taylor like this.
  9. referee11

referee11 First Lieutenant (16) Member

Bye buyingtime. I really hope you succeed at whatever you do in life. It was very cool to be around you, and you made every thread seem better when you posted. Sorry you had to go, but it was for the very best.
    Also, I like how you put 'great' like that. In reality, Shakespeare just wrote magnificent writings, but basically nothing else. While he is a sensational writer, I wouldn't call him a great person either. Fantastic job at pointing that out.

Taylor likes this.
  10. theorem

theorem Corporal (5) Member

Bye buyingtime! And good luck on your way! *hug* from Oink ^^
    <--- ( This pig is Oink )
    Your "one-eyed-theorem" (because cyclope sounds weird...) :p

Last edited: May 6, 2015
    Taylor likes this.
  11. Batgirl

Batgirl Lieutenant Colonel (19) Member

EVERYONE IS LEAVING WHYYYY?! THESE GOODBYE THREADS ARE CONTAGIOUS. it was just one but then more started to leave. THIS FORUM MUST BE QUARANTINED. WHERE ARE THE HAZMAT UNITS?!

Blue Phantom likes this.
  12. Credipede

Credipede Forum Administrator Administrator

It's sad to see you go. It was fun and interesting to chat with you on ShellShock Live 2, you're a great, smart and funny person. Good luck on your future life, buyingtime.

13. Hells Fury

Hells Fury Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Well damn, wasn't expecting this when I logged on after a few days. Well, carrot king, you've done a lot for me. Introduced me to TT, which helped me get where I am today, game-wise. You've also introduced me to some of the most special people in my life, and you've been an amazing friend. In the year and few months I've known you, you've always been a blast to play with and talk to, and all those silly conversations we've had will be cherished. It was also quite the honor to be referenced in that farewell poem, and I'm touched. All I can say is I wish you the best in life, and keep up that positive attitude you've always got. If you want to keep in touch, I'm sure we can work something out in a convo, and if not, I respect that too.

Catch ya on the flipside, BT!

14. emilio1973

emilio1973 First Sergeant (11) Member

Did i miss somthing in the last 3 months thet i didnt play ssl2?
    Well good luck any way see ya maybe some day agen dude :)

15. Black Widow

Black Widow Forum Administrator Administrator

No idea what you are talking about, this is an old thread too. There really is no need to post on it for something like this.

RumMumMario and Nightwing like this.
  16. bobbb7

bobbb7 Staff Sergeant (8) Member

:( Aw, how did I not see this...
    so this is how another poetic mod left... :( really like the artistic qualities and playfulness