1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Features that would be nice to have

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Haze33E, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Haze33E

Haze33E New Born (1) Member

I orginally posted this on the sub-reddit for this game before realizing that, that sub-reddit is a graveyard. Anyway here is the list.

1. View-able hotkeys/controls in the settings menu as well as any in-game commands a host can use (if there are any)

2. Being able to change hotkeys/controls

3. Moving the power/angle meter to the top of the aiming circle to make it easier to see on maps with low ground levels would be nice if it was above the circle on the top instead of inside the circle like it currently is

4. An in-game TAB button scoreboard showing damage, kills and other stats with the option to initiate a vote kick against a player like if someone is spamming offensive things in chat. When I say offensive things I don't mean swearing don't care about that. I mean people spamming racist and homophobic slurs because they think it's funny. I've seen a lot of screwed up shit in the chat for this game. One guy was talking about how he was having sex with his dog and other fucked up shit. This game is fun but a good portion of the community ruin it with the stuff they say in chat. I've never seen a game with players using the word "faggot" so much in my life. Except for call of duty where that word comes out the mouths of 12 year olds like every 30 seconds.

2. Awesume

Awesume Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

1 and 2, would be cool, most people don't know all the keys. 3, not really needed.
    And 4, I like the first part, but the kick part is a no. A simple way to fix those peeps that spam is to *mute* them. Just hover over their tank in game and then click on the sound icon.

Optimus Prime likes this.
  3. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Corporal (5) Member

I like the ideas except for the vote to kick, just mute them

4. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Corporal (5) Member

I disagree, because people could easily kick people who are playing better than them and abuse the kick system.

Scarlet, Staple, Tavi and 2 others like this.
  5. Awesume

Awesume Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

this would be nice to have tho

Tavi, Blue Phantom and Optimus Prime like this.
  6. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

So much this. If you take a look at other games, they all have limitations in their kick systems or a vote kick system. For example, in some games if you kick more than 3 people within a certain period of time, you will get a 30 minute ban. The freedom this game gives to the players is absurd.

Staple and Optimus Prime like this.
  7. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

It's wrong because that's not what the kick system is meant to be used for. Kicking people because they are better, higher or lower level, has more gears, gets a lot of boxes and x2, different tank upgrades, etc are all bullshit reasons to kick people. Blame the game design, not the innocent players. It's just very annoying and selfish especially because a ton of people seem to be kicking people only for the reasons said above. Kick system is there so players are able to get rid of nuisances and cheaters without having to rely on things like in-game mods or staffs.

Vote kick? If one player is clearly cheating, people will vote for it. If one player is clearly trolling, people will vote for it. I don't see any disadvantage with the vote kick system, to me it seems like you're against this because you know you're kicking some people for stupid reasons like "Well he was kinda good.". The system works just fine in a lot of games out there.

Actually, an even better option is to simply put a cap on how many times you can kick people in a set period of time, which may be better than vote kick.

"Host your own game"? Sure you can always host your own game, but not everybody has time or patience to sit there and wait for people. Some people prefer joining almost-filled lobbies and play a quick game or two. In an online game like this we shouldn't be making selfish decisions, but rather try and see what's best for everybody so we're all having as much fun.

What is the point of a multiplayer game if you're not competing against wide variety of people with different play style, skill, unlocks, strategies, etc? You will come across different people lol, and that's the exciting thing about online multiplayer games. Some Google Searches are enough to prove that the majority of the gaming community is against the idea of kicking people for reasons other than griefing or hacking and that vote kick system works just fine a lot of the times. If that's not what you look for, multiplayer might not be the right genre for you.

Just sayin'

Optimus Prime likes this.
  8. Staple

Staple General of the Army (25) Member

idk about u but kicking people who are better because ur afraid of losing in a video game where youre supposed to have fun is pretty cringe in itself