1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Forfeit bonus

Discussion in 'General Game Talk' started by bombsAwaya, May 16, 2014.

?

Sniper or sub-sniper?

1. sniper

23.5%
  2. sub-sniper

76.5%
  1. bombsAwaya

bombsAwaya Private E-1 (2) Member

I am not sure if this issue has been addressed but when someone leaves don't you get a lot less xp when your are in like 30 turn games because you didn't complete the full match?

2. Tank 1337

Tank 1337 First Lieutenant (16) Member

If it's a 1v1 then yes, you lose potential XP, the XP you have gained already stays. That's why I prefer to use my best weapons first against people that may quit.

Taylor and Mr Anonymous like this.
  3. Hells Fury

Hells Fury Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Since you've been around longer than this account has, you wouldn't have to do this all the time. I like to use the weapons that need xp over the ones that are already level 5.

Tank 1337 likes this.
  4. Tank 1337

Tank 1337 First Lieutenant (16) Member

I do love throwing in a good ole' Rain every once in awhile :p

darklegion741 and Hells Fury like this.
  5. Erile

Erile First Sergeant (11) Member

I also get annoyed at the people who purposely quit right when they are about to lose to make you get less xp (forfeit giving less xp than win). Its even worse because they deny you of the MVP award through the forfeit as well.

I would personally like if they would make the forfeit bonus relative to how well you are doing versus the other team. Or possibly make it so you could only forfeit on your own turn before you fire. I would also love it if MVP was available for forfeits as well as normal win-loss games. :)

Taylor and Mr Anonymous like this.
  6. darklegion741

darklegion741 Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

Domination bonus doesn't come to your mind?

Erile likes this.
  7. Erile

If the domination bonus also gets cut out by forfeiting, that should be given as well! :)

I haven't personally experienced it, since Domination isn't that common in my games (I try to play similar or higher level players mostly).

darklegion741 likes this.
  8. darklegion741

No, no I meant that Domination bonus is what the player receives when he/she plays relatively well compared to an opponent. That is what you were asking in the last post :)

Erile likes this.
  9. Erile

Actually, I have only seen Domination by getting double or more points in point matches. I don't even see it if I take zero damage in a deathmatch and manage to defeat the other opponent. I also don't see it if I get 1.8x the amount of points in point matches.

My thought is that if you are 90% of the way to winning, and they quit, you should get say 90% of the win xp at least and you should still be allowed to get MVP. Currently, you might get 5 xp for a forfeit in matches instead of the 55 xp for winning and MVP. So essentially someone forfeits on you and steals 50xp just like that. I think the ability for people to substantially harm your xp intake should not be there.

Taylor likes this.
  10. darklegion741

In SSL1, Domination was achieved by doing having a score of X in certain rounds. This could be something like 70 points in Turn 1, 200 points by Turn 3 and so on.

Looking back, it seems as if I have blabbered on and gone off topic.

Erile likes this.
  11. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

Theres not really a way to stop this. I think though we should have a little bit higher bonus because of thier forfeiting. Even with deluxe you don't get much cause of thier quit.

Erile and darklegion741 like this.
  12. Bronco

Bronco First Lieutenant (16) Member

Well then it would benefit those with multiple accounts.

Taylor likes this.
  13. Ken

Ken Sergeant (7) Member

Ive gone back and forth about this myself... I will admit.. I have rage quit before... but its VERY rare... Im almost at P 5 and Ive quit prob less than 2o times ever....

and I know what it feels like when you get several people who quit on you in a short time... so I think the result of a forfeit should be greater....

if its more of a benefit to the player who stays... say more XP then it can and will be exploited... so I think... the best idea would be to increase the penalty for people who quit, perhaps on a graduated scale.: maybe 10xp [as it is currently] for say 1-5 forfeits a month; then -50xp for 5-10; and so forth.... and maybe to really hit home... if the number of forfeits / quits exceed say 20 in a month... automatic level down !! (this would really cut back on high level players who quit instant;ly after missing a sub-sniper on their first turn... *we've all experienced it*

ok just my two cents.... :) good day to you all

14. Erile

I also don't like when people quit because they miss a shot, definitely.

But I still can't see how to tell that from legit reasons to quit unfortunately...

Which is why I have a hard time with the penalty - because I do quit due to spammers, bullies, hate-speech-types, etc... I want to enjoy the game and if people take that away from me, I leave. :)

15. darklegion741

Well said, I fully agree with you.

Erile likes this.
  16. bombsAwaya

bombsAwaya Private E-1 (2) Member

seriously, I think the players that quit should lose 10 xp and give it to the other player if no damage was dealt and if damage was dealt the player that left should lose that xp and the xp they would've gained should become yours

17. darklegion741

XP will be spread evenly among all participating players. Though I can still see abuse with this system.

Taylor likes this.