1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Forfeiting is Severely Bugged.

Discussion in 'Gameplay Bugs' started by KingKyd, Apr 10, 2016.

1. KingKyd

KingKyd Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Hi everyone, KingKyd here.

So, I've pretty much gotten angry at this game today, for one very specific reason: Forfeiting. No, not because people keep forfeiting on me, but because of what happens when they do.

Clearly, the rules of any sport or competition are simple: You forfeit, you lose! But not for ShellShock Live! No, the person that stays does not always win! I have had two games now where my skill rating was dropped dramatically, which I do pay very close attention to, because two people forfeit on me in a Points match. What was the score?

Zero to zero.
    Now, clearly for any competition this would be a "draw" if it were to end on those terms with all participants still in the match. Not here! That's defeat!

Also, if the score is the same and the person forfeits, the remaining player still loses! Defeat!

Furthermore, if you are losing a Points match but the person leaves, that means you lose! Defeat, again! Now, yes you were technically losing during the match, but if the other person forfeits, that means you should win by default! That rule goes for anything and to see these rules be bent so awkwardly in the quitter's favor really irritates me.

This is WRONG in any walk of life and it seriously needs to be fixed. I hit 1700 on my skill rating today, had someone forfeit a match at zero to zero, dropped it all the way down to 1680, played matches to get it back to 1692, had another person forfeit at zero to zero, and now it's at 1672! It should be at 1712 at least since those matches are draws, but if they were to be considered wins it would be even higher.

Of all match problems to be tweaked I really believe this is one of the biggest. I know Points isn't a widely used gamemode, but a bug is a bug and considering this game is not even at 1.0 yet, it should seriously be fixed. I'm tired of starting a match or even losing one where I have the consistent fear that if they forfeit, be it by their own right or disconnection because of their Internet, I automatically lose the 3 Gears I wagered and my skill rating drops. It's completely unfair and it severely needs to be looked into.

-Kyd

Tavi and Taylor like this.
  2. xXTacocubesXx

xXTacocubesXx Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

I agree, this always bothered me, but this never seemed like such a big deal to me. You're probably the first to ever mention this, but I'm not sure.

KingKyd and Taylor like this.
  3. Holy2334

Holy2334 Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Kyle did patch an exploit recently in points mode, but didn't say what. I'm assuming it's the one where people were able to farm gears, by ending the game in a tie and everybody would get the gears. If that's the case, he probably made it so that ties count as defeats now so that you couldn't get the gears for doing that.

I agree with what you said though. If a person quits you should get the win! It shouldn't be that hard to fix though. The easiest way is whenever someone leaves just set their score to -1 points and you should win no matter what unless you're a terrible player and end up in the negatives to begin with then you deserve to lose anyways.

Taylor likes this.
  4. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

For the record, I got Kyle to look at this so we'll see what that does for you.

All I could do sadly, but the fact he actually had time to reply and discuss stuff today not bad.
    At least some annoying bugs got addressed.

KingKyd likes this.
  5. KingKyd

KingKyd Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Even one dollar donated is recognized to a relief fund, sir. Likewise, I thank you for telling him about it. :)

Taylor likes this.