1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Frequent Disconnects

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by CCninja86, Sep 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CCninja86

CCninja86 New Born (1) Member

I frequent disconnect (every 2-5 minutes) with the error 'EndRead Failure. IOException...'

Has anyone had this problem and fixed it? How did you fix it? What was the cause? I really want to play this game, but it disconnects far too frequently to be playable.

I have tried EVERYTHING and am still getting the stupid EndRead Failure error. My situation is as follows:

- There is nothing wrong with my internet, everything else I play/use that uses internet works flawlessly, neither is my internet slow.
    - I have added ShellShock Live and Steam to my firewall completely
    - I have added Outbound Connection Rules for both ShellShock Live and Steam to my firewall
    - I have added the ShellShock Live .exe to my antivirus, as well as the entire ShellShock Live folder
    - I have tried disabling my firewall only
    - I have tried disabling my antivirus only
    - I have tried disabling both my firewall and antivirus
    - I have tested the connection to all the IP addresses and ports in my internet usage history, all successful

At this point, I think it is safe to say the error is NOT on my end, and that it is an issue with game playing favouritism with certain network setups. Regardless, if anyone has had this error, and fixed it with a solution not mentioned in the above list, please comment it.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2015
  2. SubZero

SubZero Sergeant First Class (9) Member

Pretty sure it's your connection not being strong enough.

3. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

i had a problem that made me disconnect every 2 mins as well but the message was different so i think that i can't help ya :/

4. CCninja86

Nope, internet is fine for everything else, it's just this game. And if I recall, people with 50Mbps connections were having the same problem.

5. CCninja86

What did you do to fix it? Different message may still have the same solution.

6. SubZero

SubZero Sergeant First Class (9) Member

Kyle fixed mac platform, but i'm pretty sure it's your connection being weak. What kinda pc do you use.

7. CCninja86

Intel Core i5-4590, EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD with Windows 10 Home 64-bit. Far more than enough to handle any game I throw at it. Internet speeds are fine, about 12Mbps down and 5Mbps up, works for every other game, so if it's the connection speed, it's an issue on their end.

8. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

you know i resolved that problem just by changin house (i'm not saying ya to change house to play ssl xD).I had a very strong connection also in old one but in this new house it just don't disconnect also if internet power is the same.Where do you live in migth be the reason of your disconnects

9. Candor

Candor Forum Peasant Moderator

It may be a problem with steam, or the game client, have you re-installed them? if not try re-installing both and see if it the problem persists.

However, @kChamp does seem to be aware of said problem! It seems to be out of his control though. He has started a thread here if you wish to follow: https://gamesnet.yahoo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35903&sid=35a8951a2bcfd77145e55d9ba3a3bb76

Although from what I read, I'm not sure there is much to help solve your problem. :c

@CCninja86

I understand that the connection is not the problem, but from what I read, it has to do with certain proxies that your ISP might use. I don't suggest changing your ISP but contacting them might help as well.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
    Holy2334 likes this.
  10. CCninja86

Auckland, New Zealand. The internet where we live is perfectly capable for a game like this. But I think Candor's mention of proxies used by my ISP is the best bet, I'll have a look on their website and ask them on Twitter if they use any and if there's any way I can not use the proxies or fix it or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.