1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Friendshipcannon

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by Friendshipcannon, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Friendshipcannon

Friendshipcannon New Born (1) Member

met a few of you in game. I love ponies and I love blowing stuff up. In Kongregate I have username mklafleur. In SS2 I go by Friendshipcannon. I picked that name because of Orbital Friendship Cannon. A fictional orbital mass destruction weapon that is powered by the elements of harmony and brought about the destruction that caused Luna to become Nightmare moon and banished to the moon for 1000 year and eliminated the futuristic tech that was all over Equestria and brought the world back to a medieval age.

Either that or it is a cannon that shoots confetti and balloons.

Anyway, I'm also a Seahawks fan, which is why Trixie is wearing a Seahawks shirt.

I've also played games like this since the old Tanks and Worms games. spent 13 years in the army and part of that in the armored cav.

I'm also a physicist.

I also own a game store.

I also use more paragraphs than are really necessary.

xXxTnTxXx, Taylor and xvio like this.
  2. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

You own a game store? Gimme all the Mario games! :D

Anyway, welcome to the forums! Enjoooooooooy ;)

3. Batgirl

Batgirl Lieutenant Colonel (19) Member

welcome

4. MJako

MJako Corporal (5) Member

welcome to the forums,
    so u r a physicist? nice too meet another 1 :D

5. Friendshipcannon

It's a tabletop game store. There are no good mario tabletop games.

On the physicist thing, I don't have a degree or anything. I should have just said that I'm a science lover. I get deep into reading different science articles, especially when having to do with space, physics, dimensions. I think the passion for physics is what makes a person a physicist though, not a university degree.

Goldschlarger likes this.
  6. MJako

Sounds like u r a fan of Astrophysics; Im more a fan of particles ;)
    and about the university, its not necessary, but it helps a lot if ur going deeper into something, or if u just ask urself if this its truly correct what u r reading.
    If something seems logic, its not necessarly correct, isnt it? :D

7. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

Welcome to the site. Nice to have someone as yourself on the site that practices some cool hobbies. Cool your into football. Congratulations on your super bowl win. Look forward to seeing you around and possibly on game

8. Friendshipcannon

as a Physicist you would likely agree that the two are very related. Yes I do lean a bit more towards the Astrophysics side but the study of particles and "string theory" requires knowledge of Astrophysics as well. I find it fascinating, and it also makes sense when you think about it that the structure of particles and galaxies are in essence the same. It makes sense to me because there has to be infinite largeness as well as infinite smallness. My own theories, which seem to agree with modern physics, is that within those particles are entire galaxies with planets and life on those planets that have cells and atoms and such of there own, as well as infinitely small black holes. Our Supermassive black holes are centers of particles in other worlds.

Thank you Google567. The Seahawks were born in the same year as me, 1976. I lived in Washington most of my life. I've been a Seahawks fan for as long as I've known what a football was. I'm still experiencing some of the euphoria of our first Superbowl win! Football is the only sport I follow because of it going beyond just a sport. As a hardcore gamer I enjoy the deeper strategies of Football. I love how each player has something that they need to do and teamwork is needed more than in any other sport. Football players need to be smart and it goes beyond athleticism.

9. smallworldzz

smallworldzz Unconfirmed Member

i know im a bit late , but welcome to the forums! :)

10. MJako

I agree with infinite largeness, but disagree with infinite smallness, because of the planck length and what results if u go smaller, but these hypothesis r very complex and without mathematical concepts it would result into nothing, because argumentation on this level of physics is just nonsense. I looked into some "easier" concepts of string theorie and loop gravity, but u need such pervert math that I would understand it, if I were at my doctor.
    maybe u can avoid the conflict about the plank length with a modified string theorie, but that would be a hypothesis of a hypothesis, which is far beyond my intrest of argumentation by now. :p

Friendshipcannon likes this.
  11. Friendshipcannon

I guess it is hard to know at this point. Mathematically there are more fractional numbers smaller than 1 than whole numbers larger than 1, theoretically. Though infinity is infinity right? I know also that at one point, an atom was considered the smallest possible thing. Now we have many things smaller than that. The universe has long been considered infinite though, at least by scientists. Of course even today we still have some people that think it isn't.

Thanks for the welcome Smallworldzz

12. MJako

the universe isnt infinite :p
    after the big bang the universe expands with lightspeed, thus it would take infinite time to get an infinite universe. the space could be infinite though.

yeah its true, some years ago, we thought atoms were the smallest "things" in our world, because we couldnt observe smaller things, but what we know about quarks and so on isnt about observation, its about calculation.
    our physic is kinda defined on this plank length though, so evrything smaller than that wouldnt make sence, or end up in black holes (the explanation for almost evrything undescribable :p )

13. Friendshipcannon

The observable universe is finite and rapidly expanding. I guess that I'd have been better to say that Space or the Multiverse is infinite. Either way it is still pretty big. These days we can sort of cheat the system through gravitational lensing and see what was not yet part of our observable universe. Though I guess the simple act of observing those yet further away galaxies makes them part of the observable universe and therefore we have sped up the process of expanding the universe. Through that process we have been able to see that our universe extends much further than though just 10 years ago and the patterns we see give no reason to doubt that the same thing repeats indefinatly. Rather that repeats in our universe or in a different universe, if the universes are connected or not, still isn't determined.

14. MJako

Im not that familiar with the repeat of events in different dimensions/universe, maybe a strong event has influence in other dimension, but like I said, im more a fan of small things.

15. Friendshipcannon

The earth is pretty small.

16. Tavi

Tavi First Sergeant (11) Member

Ohwow, I'm very late to this. Sycopath316 here, that one person on your friends list that you've only fought with once.:p
    Welcome to the forums.))