1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Fuel Slider____

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Aevoa, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Aevoa

Aevoa Unconfirmed Member

This suggestion would be good for those who deal with lag, or simply create convenience.

This idea would implement a slide bar, which would allow you the option to control tank movement via mouse.

Essentially, said slide bar would base it's length off of your current fuel level,
    and show you how far you could travel.

[​IMG]

One would simply need to click and drag the vertical blue line to their desired location along the slide bar,
    release, and your tank will automatically move there.

(Such an action as the above would cause the slider's length to automatically adjust to your new travel options based off your remaining fuel level.)

Should you happen to use all of your fuel, the remains of the slide bar would fade away.

If one does not wish to use the fuel slider, and wanted to remove it from their view, there could be an option to turn it off.

[​IMG]

I think this would be moderately easy to script, as it is very similar to what
    one can do with the enemy tank via firing range.

Also, people could play using a single hand with ease...

Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2015
  2. HyphenUnderscoreHyphen

HyphenUnderscoreHyphen Sergeant First Class (9) Member

For people who want this in their game, but play in the flat map; won't the Fuel Slider disturb their game? Just thinking out loud, but maybe you could put the slider somewhere else on the screen...?

mega n00b likes this.
  3. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

Genius.

Take my mushroom <3

4. mega n00b

mega n00b Private First Class (4) Member

The idea is very good, but:
    - everyone would know exactly how far he can go (not sure if we want that)
    - the slider can in some cases be used to help you with aiming in a similar way the circle is used. Also can be helpful sometimes for grollers and maybe in other ways which don't come to my mind right now.

5. jpcas

jpcas Staff Sergeant (8) Member

yeah, i think it could look somewhat like this:
    slider.png
    another thing is that i'm not quite sure if this would be really helpful with the lag, i suppose that if someone's experiencing a serious lag, this slider and the movement would lag too. and someone could accidentaly click some spot on the slider and go further than he wanted or go to some spot he didn't want to be at all. but he'd lost his fuel so he wouldn't be able to go back. (i guess that this option would demand getting used to it or it would be quite hard.. at least for me)

but i like your ideas, @Tap Water, i think you're very creative and it's always nice to see your suggestions. especially that they're always complemented with good looking graphics

so as for the suggestion here, i would probably still use the keyboard but as an option to toggle on or off to be implemented, i'd say: yeah, sure. why not?

good job! :)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
    Aevoa likes this.
  6. mega n00b

mega n00b Private First Class (4) Member

Still your concept is not bad. I was thinking maybe if you could move your tank in the same way as the firing range one. This way you could still use mouse without the problems I mentioned. Only problem I see is that this may interfere with adjusting the power and angle within the circle. Probably this can be avoided by having to double click on your tank first before being able to move it. What do you think?

7. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

Very good idea Tap. I think this would be beneficial to most. Its very simplistic. Probs always on the awesome screeshots,descriptions, and wonderful ideas. :)