1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Future of the Game

Discussion in 'General Game Talk' started by Towel, Mar 12, 2015.

1. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

Where's your proof that SSL2 is losing players?

Battlefield and Call of Duty are very different apart from SSL, you can't simply compare those two. Also, Many people played it for like 2 or 3 years, that's normal if you get bored of it. Even I get bored of Mario if I play the same game for like, 5 months!

2. Batgirl

Batgirl Lieutenant Colonel (19) Member

just for #5 basically the same but the map is just longer
    cod n battlefield have lots of dynamic events and have various ways to play the game not just TDM or FFA. Each player can specialize in different perks for different play style. Im just saying that kyle has to make the game more ways for people to win/play differently/etc

how bout PERKS LIKE http://shellshockliveforums.com/threads/tanks-with-passive-abilities-n-special-weapons.1317/

That idea would boost ssl on everything

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  3. cacadun

cacadun Unconfirmed Member

9.99$, perfect price, I agree.

Batgirl likes this.
  4. Black Widow

Black Widow Forum Administrator Administrator

@Towel, it turns out it was just Kyle who was that small percentage who got those impossible achievements within the small time frame. I can confirm this as i have asked him about it.

DtusK likes this.
  5. Towel

Towel look mom i have a custom title Former Moderator

Oh yeah, that makes sense lol. It still can be concluded from the % that not many people have bought the game. It's down to 0.6 percent now though, so ~166 people have bought it now!

It doesn't really matter though evidently. As Rarity and ********** said, he's not marketing the Early Access release for a reason, and a good one at that.

JohannZim likes this.
  6. RumMumMario

Isn't 166 people a lot, considering it's the first day, and considering the game isn't widely known?

7. MeowrPower

MeowrPower Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Just a point here... Anyone who has bought more than 150 coins has already spent more than the price of the game on ssl2.... o.o

Batgirl likes this.
  8. Amaterasu

Amaterasu Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto V earned $800 million on its first day back in September of 2013.
    kChamp's ShellShock Live earned $2490 dollars on it's first day back in March of 2015.

Only a slight difference.

So while it only be a small game, really not a whole lot saying people need money to eat. 2,500 might get him for a month on bills and rent :p

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  9. MeowrPower

MeowrPower Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

You missed the "game isnt widely known" part

10. Amaterasu

As I said, it is only a small game.

11. Batgirl

800 M? That's nothing for cod:ghost 1B

12. Amaterasu

Gross, COD: Ghosts... I mean, I like COD but ghosts... eh.

49erfan7, Awesume and Batgirl like this.
  13. referee11

referee11 First Lieutenant (16) Member

Alright, after looking at the discussions here and at Steam, some conclusions can be made:
    1. Anyone outside of this forums thinks the game was a waste of money. It's the bugginess and the server being down. I assume at least 10 of our members ran away because of that. Unless they come back, which is awesome. Let's hope they don't complain anymore.
    2. It is important to realize that this is a BETA. I have posted that all over the Steam section here and afar, and I will not hesitate to do it some more. It is not supposed to be complete. The 3D, clans, tournaments, and even more stuff will be added later. The BETA is only out to test it out, and help kChamp remove bugs. If it had been evident so many people would have complained about this, I actually wish he had put it back into April. At least it would be more complete.
    3. Poor @********** has to go around posting his review to quiet down the complainers. He has done it AT LEAST 5 times. Unfortunately, I don't think many listened, and are probably going to leave.
    4. Any negative reviews that come out should be instantly deleted. If any come, they are from those trolls again. Shes actually confronted one who claimed it was a copy of Scortched Earth (LOL), and hopefully he learned his lesson.
    5. The price should be in between $4.99 and $9.99. $9.99 would rank equally with other great games there, such as Terraria. Honestly, I think it is a good fit there. Of course, it could be in that range. If he keeps it at $14.99, the only members he will have are us. Any lower, and he may have to go against his promise of having no in-game purchases. That would probably even scare some of us away.
    Just some things I noticed, and wanted to address. If the need arises, I will certainly re-raise some of these points.

14. Staple

Staple General of the Army (25) Member

what no

cacadun, Doomsday and Towel like this.
  15. Batgirl

• Spam.
    i wonder how did minecraft go so many people to buy it when all u just do is to survive with pixelated blocks. I mean minecraft isnt better than ssl. How do they get more people to play. They barley advertised.

16. referee11

Well, normally, I would agree. However, the only true negative reviews out now are by those who literally think it is the finished product. The amount of discussions there about the server being down is MASSIVE. There can't be a real negative view of the game until everything is implemented. Criticizing its buggy state isn't fair, and that is what they would certainly talk about. If it WAS the finished product, that would be different. But, it is just the BETA, so...

17. Towel

Towel look mom i have a custom title Former Moderator

That goes against what Steam reviews are for. For Early Access titles, reviews are distinctly labelled "EARLY ACCESS REVIEW" because of this anyways. Negative reviews on Early Access are allowed for a reason.

18. referee11

You'd be amazed how many people would ignore that. Even if you put it up on a billboard the size of the US, they still might miss it. -_- Some may see it, but others won't. The ones who don't will be frightened away. However, no real negative "reviews" have come out yet. Let's hope those impatient people can hold themselves back, and give the game a fair chance.

19. RumMumMario

It was very original. You build, fight, explore, etc. Mario wasn't advertising much, but it sold $69696969 because of its originality.

P.S. Why is that post warned as a spam...?

Batgirl likes this.
  20. Batgirl

Idk I edited after The first time its was warned. Ofc it sold that much...
    But it would get boring. Isn't ssl the same, classic tank vs tank game

image.jpg
    Over 1 million downloads for 4.99
    Ssl top this..

21. RobotR257X

RobotR257X Staff Sergeant (8) Member

Um, so some people in SS2 (not on the forms) thinks that ss2 is going to be shut down, and SSL steam will be free in a year or earlier.

emilio1973 likes this.
  22. Credipede

Credipede Forum Administrator Administrator

Over one million downloads because 99% of them probably were for the free version.

Batgirl likes this.
  23. Batgirl

But ssl2 is free... Lol

24. emilio1973

emilio1973 First Sergeant (11) Member

9.99 $ i dont agree :)
    4.99 $ I AGREE :D:D:D:D:D
    THET is my ofer to kchamp and i buy it :D:D:D:D

25. referee11

$4.99 is no good. On comparison to other games, mainly soundtracks are at that price. Not the game, but the soundtrack-the music that goes with it. So, you can buy music at the same price as this game, if it were that price. If SSLS doesn't get much recognition when it comes out of BETA mode, he would actually lose money for the few who join. $9.99 balances the game with some of the best on Steam for less than $10, including Terraria. And besides, when everything is added, it might be worth the $15 anyways. So, my opinion is change it to $9.99 or keep it the same.