1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Game is unplayable! (EndRead failed. IOException EndRead failure)

Discussion in 'Connection Bugs' started by MrRonnz, Sep 19, 2016.

1. MrRonnz

MrRonnz New Born (1) Member

Hello!
    Just got this game, and whenever I play a match, it keeps kicking me out of the game at random times. Ive been trying to play around 10 matches now, in multiplayer, and I cant finish a single game without getting this error message. There is no problem with my internet, Ive never had a single problem with anything regarding steam or playing online games in general. My internet speed is 30 mbps upload & download.

Ive searched around on the forums for a solution but the only thing I can find is other people having the same problems, and it seems like no one knows how to fix it. Ive also tried to verify the steam game cache without any luck.

Screenshot of error message:
    https://gyazo.com/63057c2c396e664166a567f5f21dd6eb

Can anyone please help me fix this problem?

Update 1; It also happens when Im in the game menu, just having the game open.

Bagel likes this.
  2. Awesume

Awesume Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Nothing we can do for you on here man, sorry just how it is. You can email kChamp himself here; kchamp@kchampgames.com But that will most likely be no help either as he has no way of fixing it. I would suggest imo to either get a refund through steam (if not over the 2 week limit) or waiting it out for an update that fixes this.

3. Bagel

Bagel New Born (1) Member

Hey i have the same problem, have been looking around for a fix but it seems like there isn't one at the moment. My PC is able to run the game no sweat and my internet is good enough to stream in HD but not play Shell Shock Live. . . . soooo yeahhh, any help is appreciated. Thanks

4. Darksim

Darksim New Born (1) Member

^ BUMP!! I love this game, but it's completely unplayable when you are repeatedly kicked despite high speed internet & lose all your progress. I'll rate game highly in the future when this is fixed, but have to refuse to play until a patch is given out that fixes this basic problem

5. Darksim

Darksim New Born (1) Member

PS stats are 20 GB RAM, 100 Mb/s internet, nothing torrenting in the background, 3.2 GHz 8 core processor, 1GB video memory

6. faaarkwit

faaarkwit Staff Sergeant (8) Member

Do you use Steam for any other games and if so, they work just fine?

I don't know what else to advice but trying a clean re-install may help. Uninstall SSL, remove the game files, download it and install.
    Path to the files should be something like (assuming you're on windows)
    Code:
    %ProgramFiles%/Steam/steamapps/common/Shellshock Live
    or
    Code:
    %ProgramFiles(x86)%/Steam/steamapps/common/Shellshock Live

Taylor likes this.