1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

General Moderator Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Forum Talk' started by Towel, May 18, 2014.

1. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

Just realizing this thread exists and actually happened is baffling to me.
    It seems since we have grown as a community to adapt and put up as it relates to the mods that were chosen and the limited power that was given us.

I think it should be said we have reached these conclusions up to this point since:

1) Mods have limited powers and only 2 or 3 are actually full mods.

2) Shess and TOG should have the opportunity to be relieved their duties and become regular members if they wish. They aren't too active and served as best they could in the regime before other mods were added to aid them.

3) I think Tap Water should be de-modded, cause hes expressed since he hacks he should have the title of being a moderator.

4) I don't know if its still true, but I remember Towel saying that he wanted to resign as a moderator. I know he changed his mind a little after aid was given but I can't remember if I read a comment somewhere saying he grew tired of it. If thats the case and he still feels that way he should be de-modded as well.

5) Its obvious this forum needs at least another new admin. AT best 2 new ones would be great but we'll settle fro one. Of course they would be active members that the majority of the forum agrees should process such power and wouldn't abuse it. Possibly bringing in a member or members not part of the current staff could be an idea.

2. jgalloway64

jgalloway64 Master Sergeant (10) Member

I think everything is okay ... but you guys need to stop just immediately banning people accidentally and/or based on assumptions -.-

jpcas likes this.
  3. Staple

Staple General of the Army (25) Member

I don't know about you, but I'm currently fine with the whole, mods not having full power, unlike my past naive self. We just need an admin for the more important things, and the current ones we have right now do jack shit. Some mods would be better off not having full power, and some would be better off having more power. Better for the community and whatnot.

To some it probably won't matter if Tap Water has his mod rank revoked or not; I'm one of those people. Still, for some, it does matter, and it doesn't matter if it's revoked or not, in the long end.

I don't know that much about Towwl's stance, but he's told me he doesn't really care and/or has been on this place for a while. As for further details regarding what I actually care about regarding his owning the rank, redirect to what I said about Tap Water.

I don't know about admins and our relative needy-ness. Both admins we have right now are not admins. They're members with a special tag. We just need, one, literal, actual admin. Two is fine, 3 is a crowd.

Credipede, Taylor and jgalloway64 like this.
  4. Taylor

You speak sense women and King/I have tried to tell kChamp this.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  5. Romans116

Romans116 Sergeant First Class (9) Member

All I'm going to say is that lol you said "process such power" instead of "possess."

jgalloway64 and chickadee like this.
  6. chickadee

chickadee Sergeant Major (12) Member

ROM! :D -hugs <3 ^-^

Romans116 likes this.
  7. Romans116

Romans116 Sergeant First Class (9) Member

Heyyyy peepee <3

8. chickadee

Man I miss you being on here! your post were and still are the best! :D

9. Credipede

Credipede Forum Administrator Administrator

Romans116 out of nowhere!

Romans116 and chickadee like this.
  10. aZtec Chief

aZtec Chief Sergeant Major (12) Member

We dont need any new mods, its fine just how it is. Besides, SSL is going to Steam, I assume this forums will be shut down just like SSL1 forum.

Towel was interested in banning power, he even made a thread about it and instructed members to comment on his thread to agree that it was necessary to grant mods the authority to bann, so when kChamp returned, he would find the community wanting mods to bann people. I guess you cant blame him, its no fun if you cant abuse your power on people you dont like

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  11. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

Uh, no. SSL1 forum has been closed unintentionally, it was severely crashed by a whole bunch of spambots so kChamp decided to remove the website.
    This forum is active enough, there is no need to remove it.

Also, I think we have too many inactive mods. 2 or 3 new mods would've been fine. We should cut down a few.

Taylor likes this.
  12. Taylor

I suggested to kChamp the possibility of reducing some of the mods. Could easily happen by retiring some like towel and TOG. Possibly Tap too.

13. aZtec Chief

Uh, old forum doesn't exist anymore nonetheless. This forum should die out too once Steam kicks in.

jgalloway64 likes this.
  14. Taylor

I'd fight for this forum to stay open although I'm sure HE wouldn't care for my opinion. It would be dumb to close it, while the same argument goes for ssl2 cause people will still use them instead of moving.

15. aZtec Chief

It can remain open but I bet you would be bored out of your mind qith only one or two daily posts.

jgalloway64 likes this.
  16. Muskanty

Muskanty Private E-1 (2) Member

That'll be for the users to discover. Pushing the idea of this forum getting closed is unneeded.

Taylor likes this.
  17. aZtec Chief

Im entitled to my opinion

18. chickadee

Not on this forum! LOL

jgalloway64 and banna like this.
  19. aZtec Chief

Fascist forums indeed

chickadee, jgalloway64 and banna like this.
  20. buyingtime

buyingtime Second Lieutenant (15) Former Moderator

Worst attack yet: 32 Spambot threads

Hope you guys realize how boring it is to ban spammers and delete their threads. Maybe not a huge amount of work, and perhaps other mods like doing it, but it's tedious nonetheless. When SSL-Steam comes out, I'm no longer deleting spambot threads and banning them. Other mods will most likely choose to continue, but I come to the forums and the game for fun and friends, not to squander my life away with spambots. I'm not saying shut down the forums, but I have more important things to do. There's some feedback from this side of things..

Taylor, jgalloway64 and banna like this.
  21. banna

banna ★The Sheriff★ Moderator

There are two scenarios

1- When Steam SSL comes alot of new people will come to the game and they will keep the forums alive
    2- When Steam SSL comes people will leave the forums because the cant caht and make discussions on steam and everything else.

It's kinda up to Kyle to introduce the new people to the forums by keeping/making A button leading to forums and advertise for it.

I personally stopped playing this game long time ago, i only play like once every week or something and only if a friend asked me to. but i still come to forums everyday maybe for less hours per day and prolly will still do until it dies.

Taylor likes this.
  22. Credipede

Credipede Forum Administrator Administrator

I actually think that when ShellShock Live on Steam is released, Kyle is going to create a new forum or is going to work on this one. Well, okay, that's what I hope.

23. jgalloway64

jgalloway64 Master Sergeant (10) Member

He could always invest in a plugin that automatically bans the spambots (they don't cost much) :rolleyes:

bobbb7, Taylor and buyingtime like this.
  24. Taylor

Amen brother and agree word for word. Kyle needs to take care of this cause its a waste of time every day deleting these if the next day they'll be returning. Being a moderator shouldn't involve such an effort for a task that could be more easily managed by Kyle.

jgalloway64 likes this.
  25. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Sergeant Major (12) Member

Ok now it rellay the time to remove Tap Water. He is not moderating at all just playing the game, hackstyle like he is known for. @kChamp
    About u wake up and smell the coffee cuz TW is flawoering the coffee bitter.
    U got the ball now. Pass it...............

bib9 and Taylor like this.