1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Help me with Steam.

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by The Wizard, Jul 11, 2016.

1. The Wizard

The Wizard Staff Sergeant (8) Member

Well, as I said in other post, I will buy SSL soon, I'm just waiting for something (And no, it's not a discount).

But, since my parents won't use their credit card to pay it, I have to pay it in other way, and you said me before about some Steam Cards, and I saw them already, but I have a question about using them, I meant, once you buy them what? do they have a code or some else?

Other question I had is how do you prove you'r computer haves the enough and necessary things to install the game?

My next question is how does the 4-pack works? I meant, I saw a post where you say the difference between SSL and 4-Pack SSL, but how do I give the others 3 to my friends?

And my last question is, do you have to create an independent SSL account, or the game takes your Steam account instead?

Thank You For Your Help.

2. Awesume

Awesume Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

1. Yes its a code on the back of the card (scratch it off to reveal). And to add it to your steam account, go to Games at the very top on the left, a drop down appears and then click on Redeem a Steam Wallet Code, and follow the steps.
    2. You can download a free program and it tells you what you have for your specs. Search on google, exp. my computer specs.
    3. They go into your inventor or gifts for friends? (someone else would know) And from there you can then send them to your friends.
    4. It uses your steam account.

Tavi likes this.
  3. The Wizard

Wow, thank you so much, but the 4-pack is taht right? you still having one and 3 for share, right?

4. Awesume

5. The Wizard

Ok, thank you :)

6. Awesume

• Spam/one word post.
    np

7. The Wizard

Oh, one more thing, when you buy the steam card and see the code, what do you do? You can pay directly the game with it, or you must insert it somewhere in your steam acc, sorry for these questions but I haven't used steam never...

8. Spur Kee

Spur Kee Private E-1 (2) Member

Click on your account name in the top right corner and go to "account details." Click on "add funds to your Steam Wallet" under "Store and Purchase History". When you're on the adding funds page on the right there will be something that says "redeem a Steam Wallet Code." Once you're on that page put in the code on the back of your steam card.

apemanzilla likes this.
  9. Awesume

Spur Kee's is a little longer getting to enter the code but is the other way. But on Steam you will see an envelope (where you get comments etc.) and beside it your countries currency then a dollar amount (this is your steam wallet), when redeeming codes from the card that amount on the card will then appear where the your steam wallet balance is.

10. apemanzilla

apemanzilla Staff Sergeant (8) Member

The way the 4 packs works specifically is you buy a 4-pack, which is then placed into your gifts inventory. There, you can activate it, which will put a copy of the game in your library, as well as 3 other copies of the game into your inventory. You can send those 3 copies to your friends (they will have to make/have Steam accounts to receive the gift)

When buying a 4-pack it's also 25% off, meaning you get 4 copies of the game for the price of 3 copies, so if you're buying 3 or more copies of the game between your friends, buy it as a 4-pack.

11. The Wizard

Oh welp, thanks.