1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Host Starting Position

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mr Synikal, May 18, 2014.

?

Is a Host Starting Position a good idea?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  4. Too much of an advantage

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. Mr Synikal

Mr Synikal Sergeant Major (12) Member

I thought it would be cool as Host if you could select your own starting position when you create a game. You would have a 10 second timer to click on any of the red tank positions to select your desired position. Your selected tank would click green. It would automatically turn back to red if you decided to click on a different position that you turned green for your newly selected position. At the end the timer, your last chosen tank that was selected green for your starting position will stay without you being able to change it after time is up. Any other remaining open positions would be assigned randomly by the other joining players. If no position is selected, then all the positions are randomized in the way it does now. What do you think @kChamp ?

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2014
    jgalloway64 and Mr Anonymous like this.
  2. Mr Anonymous

Mr Anonymous Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

I would like that idea. Even if it would let everyone pick there spots but after a spot was picked by someone, no one else could pick that spot to take it away. So first come, first serve.

jgalloway64 likes this.
  3. Mr Synikal

That's a possibility. I'm not sure if every player selecting their position would hold up the start of a game. It could be annoying for Ready players having to wait. My focus was for the Host to select his/her own position. This could initiate more games being created and potentially give the person who took the time to create a game a credit or advantage of sorts. But that's a question, I'm not too sure if players would feel at a disadvantage just because they joined a game.

Last edited: May 19, 2014
    Mr Anonymous likes this.
  4. darklegion741

darklegion741 Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

Well it would hopefully decrease the starting time for a game. I assume if a player chose a spot that the host wanted, the host kicked the player for spot stealing, the indicator would change from green to red?

5. Mr Anonymous

Mr Anonymous Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Hmm, I think it would be pretty anonymous on who stole the spot with only being able to see the red tanks and one green tank. So the host wouldn't know who to kick lol. Also, the spots other people has picked would stay red for the person not picking them.

6. darklegion741

darklegion741 Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

My sincere apologies, I did not read it carefully enough. I had originally assumed that all spots that were taken, turned green. All spots that were not taken, stayed red.

Apologies again, I now see where my mistake has been made. Pay no attention to it. :)

7. Mr Synikal

It would be interesting if each player could select their own starting position, but again, my focus was for the Host to select his/her own position - not the entire cast of players. But with each player being able to select their position (of what remained available when they joined), perhaps the odds of disadvantage would decrease making good opportunity for those who join quickly.

darklegion741 likes this.