1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

How good is Luck

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Lane N, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Lane N

Lane N New Born (1) Member

I have been hearing from my friends that have full luck that they get tank coins almost every day but from others that have full luck that they don't get them much. So what I want to know do u really get them every day with full luck?

2. mega n00b

mega n00b Private First Class (4) Member

I am almost sure that I get more items per box on average with upgraded luck. I don't think they are better, just more. If this is correct, yes you will get more coins with more luck because you get more of everything. I haven't tested that well, though. I just tried to notice what I received while playing with 0 luck and I think I used to get a lot of crates with 1 item only. Now I often get at least 2 items. I could be wrong though or maybe it was just chance.

Mr Anonymous likes this.
  3. Lane N

Lane N New Born (1) Member

ok thanks

4. darklegion741

darklegion741 Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

I got 6 Tank Coins a few days ago, today I received 3 Tank Coins. I have 18 Luck points but I doubt it increases the chance of receiving Tank Coins. However, I do get good weapons in boxes occassionally.

5. F1r3tar

F1r3tar Corporal (5) Member

According to the luck description, "Get more and better items from crates," it does in fact increase the chance of getting a tank coin since tank coins happen to be the best and most rare object you can receive from a crate.

6. KingKyd

KingKyd Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

How good is luck? Simple answer.

On a scale of 1 to 10, It's not.

Nobody knows how luck works definitively but from what I have gathered, both lower and higher level players that have kept their luck low or empty naturally receive Tank Coins more often. If you're looking to receive high-power weapons more often or armor/points, then upgrading it is ideal. Otherwise, don't waste your time.

Taylor and jgalloway64 like this.
  7. ceroncar000

ceroncar000 Second Lieutenant (15) Member

You don't get tank coins everyday. It's random. I have full luck and every 2-3 days I get 2 tank coins in a crate/box. I think Full luck makes you get 2 tank coins more usual than 1 tank coin. TheOnlyGod had also tested how luck works by box farming with a full luck account and a no luck account. He got 12 coins in 8 hours. Around 100-200 boxes/crates on the full luck while the no luck he only got around 5. I can double test this to see if its a fact or not but I do think luck is kinda good to be honest.

Taylor likes this.
  8. KingKyd

KingKyd Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Go ahead, if you have that kind of time and patience. Personally I think that there is a difference, but until it's defined by kChamp himself, we won't know what really occurs. I mean, every time that someone says to me, "THIS is what luck does EXACTLY and I KNOW IT" I always direct them to the part of Deluxe that says "Early Access: Be the first to test new features and try new updates" because that is obviously false advertisement, so there's proof that luck may or may not do anything at all based off of that.

Taylor likes this.
  9. darklegion741

I partially agree with you. However let me ask you a question: Why is it that I often receive 5 point or 5 armor in a box? While people with almost zero luck, obtain weapons such as Crackler and Mad Birds?

It is true I sometimes get Tank Coins, but it is really 50-50 whether I get good or bad supplies. Am I just lucky in general or is the Luck stat really helping me? How much Luck do you have and what do you usually obtain from boxes? Good or bad?

10. Ken

Ken Sergeant (7) Member

I cant say definitively...

but I noticed since Ive gotten full luck I get coins more often than with I had 0 luck. And I didnt level it up slowly either.... I actually hadn't used any of my "tank upgrade coins" for nearly my entire first time through.. I think I had like 30+ before I started to use them.. I put a bunch in luck and then put points in traction and fuel... by level 4o or so.. my luck was maxed... and almost immediately I noticed my instances of coins went up..

and..I get on average 5-10 coins a week.. (my best was either 8 or 9 coins in a single day !! ) was this all do to luck.... or was it my "lucky" day.... I cant say.... but.... Id put points in luck if I were you

11. Erile

Erile First Sergeant (11) Member

Actually this is nowhere near enough farming to determine something like this.

If the chances of getting something are in the single digit percentages or less to begin with, and you are comparing two slightly different chances of success, then you would have to farm way more crates than a tiny 100-200 lol. I would say you would need ~2500 to 3000 crates if you wanted to determine an accurate base rate under one set of conditions. And you would have to repeat that for the next set of conditions.

12. darklegion741

Controlled variables - the amount of boxes farmed on each account and the amount of boxes collected.

Dependant Variable - The amount of Tank Coins obtained after "x" number of boxes have been collected.

Independant Variable - The Luck stat must vary between the two accounts.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  13. Erile

Erile First Sergeant (11) Member

Because luck doesn't remove the possibility of things you get, it merely is supposed to increase the odds of better or more things.

Here is an example:
    If you have a 30% chance of A and a 70% of B and you prefer B, luck might give you a 10% better chance against the original odds, which would mean 23% chance of A and 77% chance of B. You still always have a chance of A, but you get B more in the long term. You would not be able to tell the difference in only a hundred cases because of randomness.

In the more complex world of SSL, your odds are affected by the large number of things you can get in each crate and the fact that we don't know how the reward tables even work. To really understand, you would not only have to record whether or not you get tank coins, you would also have to record how many rewards you got from the crate, which tank coins also is supposed to increase.

It would honestly take way more than 100-200 crates, probably 2000-3000, to even understand the rate for zero luck without doing any comparisons. Ideally you qould then compare someone with zero luck to someone with max luck, because the smaller the difference, the more crates you would have to get in order to see a difference in a valid way.

14. darklegion741

Valid point. However you do not know how frustrated I am because of Luck. I have invested many points in this small "boost" and yet as you say, it only increases my chance of a satisfactory box by a little? Don't get me wrong, I am not picky. I am not the person who rages if he doesn't get a Nuke in every box. I'd be happy to post screenshots of what I get from every box from now on, just to prove my point.

If Kyle is unwilling to bring out Luck's true meaning, I will be very disappointed. I know he is a busy man after all but seriously? I have been getting what low levels even consider junk.

Lane N likes this.
  15. moh

moh Corporal (5) Member

I regret now maxing my luck when I could have maxed fuel

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014