1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

How long will you stay?

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by darklegion741, Jun 4, 2014.

1. darklegion741

darklegion741 Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

You are all aware that people have been leaving SSL2 for good. Yet there are those who replace them, keeping the community alive. There will come a time when a player decides to call it quits, the time is different for every player. I will most likely last at the most, 2 years from now before I leave this game for good.

How long do you think you can last?

Taylor, xXxTnTxXx and jgalloway64 like this.
  2. Hells Fury

Hells Fury Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

To be honest, the only thing keeping me on here at this point are my friends and all the big updates that are scheduled to appear. If I see that most, if not all the friends I talk to and care about the most have moved on from the game, I believe I will leave as well. As for an estimate, I give it anywhere between 3 months to a year.

3. Candor

Candor Forum Peasant Moderator

The reason i am here is that i have developed friendships here equal to those irl, if it weren't for that i would have left this game a long time ago, although this is one of the best flash games ive seen, there are better games i could play, and better things i can be doing... but they are why i keep coming back. as for how long im staying, that's unknown, but I would not leaving entirely for good, unless i had to.

4. xXxTnTxXx

xXxTnTxXx Brigadier General (21) Member

It all depends.

Without TT, or Kyle 'doing' more updates, I'd probably be gone like the start of 2014...

@Google567
    @magicpudding

<3

darklegion741 and Taylor like this.
  5. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

Thats really kind of you TnT. I'm sure @magicpudding would agree with me when I say we are very proud of how popular our clan is. Proud of the fact too, we have found gamers who want to have fun and have similar personalities as ours. Cool care about the game and clan as much as we do.

I agree with what others have said here already. The friendships we have made on here are invaluable and pretty presious. They make the game and life a little less hectic. I can't really say when I would leave but know it wont be for a bit. I still love this game and the many friendships I've made here. Love all you guys very much and hope you guys know I'm always there for you guys if you need someone.

6. itlives

itlives Sergeant (7) Member

I'd leave when I get bored.
    Wait, I'm already bored. So, basically I'm waiting for Tank Coins for achievements and the Prestige weapons to be finished. It's the "promise" of these that keep me here, and a few good friends that make me laugh my ass off once in a while. Once I get to P10, level 50, I will be on the verge of leaving.
    Plus, there will be a new game, a sequel to the one I played years ago, so once thats out, I'm gone.

7. Ken

Ken Sergeant (7) Member

Ill stay for sure as long as it takes to get to P 10 (I estimate another 6mo or so for that to happen) so unless something comes to keep me beyond that... that's my estimated date

jgalloway64 and darklegion741 like this.
  8. Dryykon

Dryykon Second Lieutenant (15) Member

Whenever I get a computer that can handle better games.

9. F1r3tar

F1r3tar Corporal (5) Member

Well, I started off with SSL1 about three years ago (just before I started middle school). I quit after becoming Lvl 35 to pursue other games that interested me more like Everybody Edits and Minecraft. I think the only reason I came back because I found out how to transfer your tank coins over to SSL2. Not really sure how long I'm going to keep going before I quit again. With the massive improvements in this game, I'm most likely going to stay longer than when I played SSL1.

jgalloway64 and Taylor like this.
  10. Ken

Ken Sergeant (7) Member

trust me I know that feeling...my laptop which is on life support as is... (cost me 20 bucks) and it can barely handle this game :p

jgalloway64, Taylor and magicpudding like this.
  11. darklegion741

The only things I am waiting for are:
    1)The rest of the weapon packs to be released.
    2)All my friends leaving.
    3)The last prestige weapon (I know I will never get there but seeing it in action is fine).

That's all keeping my account alive.

12. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

Forever. It's impossible for me to quit the SSL communities.

Tbh I have already quitted this forum and the game in January 2013 for some reasons, for almost a year, then came back at December. but SSL and the community really does feel and mean much, much more than to you guys. At least most, maybe. I was constantly active on the SSL1 forums at 2011, sadly it's crashed now. Then I went to SSL2 forums that was announced at SSL1 forums at September. Most people left after the forum got a reset :/

Sticking up with something that you love for 4 years since 10 years old really does touch your mind. I love this forum, and I slightly dislike it at the same time.

@Dai KoKoBunji
    <3

13. darklegion741

I sometimes imagine to myself, quitting SSL2 and coming back 5 years later. I would be in an alien community.

14. ApprenticeOfGames

ApprenticeOfGames Staff Sergeant (8) Member

What really getting on my nerves is the ingame community.I know all gaming communities have bad people in them but for ssl2 it seems like the majority of the game's community is these "bad" people.I know bad is a very vague term so i will just call them disrespectful players.The only thing keeping me from quitting(again) is the forums and the new updates(especially the clan system i hope it lets me find even more respectable players like you guys and gals) Despite this when i finish school i think this game is gonna have its playtime reduced,i have already started only playing ssl2 while multitasking(such as watching a cartoon/anime or reading the forums) Here's another reason:The playing rewards.Yes if they rewarded players more i would totally play more.I play every day but only level once and sometimes not even that.I want to feel inclined to play.Indeed this is mainly brought on by premium purchases which reward the player something a determined free player could only get once every long while.I don't like it as it is(actually i never liked it) as i felt the premium system can always be made fair but it hasn't changed one bit since i quit.I quit for more than a year and not much changed between then.Why... Yes there's lucky players like Google569 who found a way to find play free with fairness(although even if i did play on kongregate bing surveys aren't available in england but thanks anyway google) but there are many people who are still dedicated to ssl2 and even more who used to be dedicated to ssl2(including me) There's not many reasons for me to continue playing as my progress will only slightly get more it seems to me though this is my honest opinion so take from it what you will.

15. KingKyd

KingKyd Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

The King isn't leaving until the day he or ShellShock dies.

So get used to seeing me around.

16. Staple

Staple General of the Army (25) Member

ill stay 4ever

jgalloway64, darklegion741 and Taylor like this.
  17. HyphenUnderscoreHyphen

HyphenUnderscoreHyphen Sergeant First Class (9) Member

how many of you actually read all that? I did.

idk when I'm leaving.. prolly when all my friends leave. lol jk I don't have any friends lol failure lol

18. ApprenticeOfGames

ApprenticeOfGames Staff Sergeant (8) Member

Big walls of text are common in my posts :p

jgalloway64 likes this.
  19. THENEXTOBAMA aka yourmom

THENEXTOBAMA aka yourmom Corporal (5) Member

I can't imagine I'll be playing this game much longer... I truly don't care if any updates are made to this game. I pretty much come on here now to do a few wall shots then leave. Sure, some people may act as though they care about you for the time being, but in all reality they are just being friendly (as it is human nature). So, there truly is nothing keeping me here right now, just need to waste some time....

jgalloway64 likes this.
  20. darklegion741

I'm friendly to everyone. That does not mean I don't care about them.

jgalloway64 and buyingtime like this.
  21. Candor

Candor Forum Peasant Moderator

BABY PLS DUN GOOOOOOOO!!!! IF I WAKE UP TOMOOORROOWW WILL YOU STILL BE HEREEEEEEE?

22. THENEXTOBAMA aka yourmom

THENEXTOBAMA aka yourmom Corporal (5) Member

I'll be here. Although, I don't promise I'll be here the day after next.

23. ceroncar000

ceroncar000 Second Lieutenant (15) Member

I'm staying as long as KChamp gives update a high priority.

jgalloway64, darklegion741 and Taylor like this.
  24. moh

moh Corporal (5) Member

it gets boring after a while im lvl 31 and its getting impossible to lvl up I sometimes feel like hacking this game and unlocking all the prestige wepons
    -------------------------
    how do you lvl up in the forums as you can see im a cutter (rank 0 )

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2014
  25. banna

banna ★The Sheriff★ Moderator

Don't double post and try to avoid talking about hacking please to avoid warnings, i will merge ur posts for now :)