1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

I dont really understand the Dev mentality...

Discussion in 'General Game Talk' started by ambi, Feb 10, 2016.

1. ambi

ambi New Born (1) Member

As someone that bought the game 3 days ago... How have you not fixed the issue of typing and pressing spacebar (which shoots)... That is pretty big.

The next thing is by setting 'No Wind' as default you are building a foundation that shouldn't ever have to move/re aim if they are winning. This is absurd, by default you should atleast have min wind.... Playing with no wind is extremely boring and repetive... For example, land a digger and the tank is stuck in a hole... There is no wind so you just repeatedly use the aim previously with no adjustments....

It's a shame this games seems so oriented to friends playing online together and not an actual online matchmaking solution....

Just my 2 cents

By the way, I only create rooms with wind and constantly people join and leave immediately. I've had 2 good rooms where we played for a few hours.

Jdude and xXTacocubesXx like this.
  2. Goomba

Goomba Sergeant First Class (9) Member

Nobody understands Kyle's mentality lol

3. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

I always use the ESC key to close the chat window to avoid accidental shots, see if that helps.
    This is only because the wind gives no extra XP rewards. In the flash versions, many people were playing with the wind enabled because it gives an extra dozen or two XP at the end of the match. Also, making it default won't really make any difference since people can simply change it to "None" anytime they want.

referee11 and Holy2334 like this.
  4. Oehler

Oehler Corporal (5) Member

Better players move every turn, and with maxed traction you can move out of diggerholes almost every time. Wind makes some weps easier to use, others impossible to use perfect. Not having to aim is just in weaker players games, later on you adjust your position every turn to make the best out of the weps you have. Some require higher distance between the tanks, some are best used on melee range. I don't think thats a big problem.

5. Blue Phantom

Blue Phantom Sergeant (7) Member

I automatically leave every game with any type of wind. Wind is one of the worse inventions on SSL. If you get a tank in a hole, then they have a problem. You cannot have fun doing a game when every shot you have goes different areas each round. You obviously don't know what you are talking about, the only times when wind should be used is in difficult tournaments.

6. referee11

referee11 First Lieutenant (16) Member

No, I would not say that is nonsensical. Could this be a factor which makes it seem more grindy? Playing games with no wind over and over again gets boring, but games with varying wind each time keeps users on their toes every match. This is how the game should be played, imo. No wind=dull.

7. Bronco

Bronco First Lieutenant (16) Member

Wind is one of my favorite features, however I think there should be an xp boost in order to motivate people to use it and thus spend more time in-game mastering it.

Hells Fury likes this.
  8. xXTacocubesXx

xXTacocubesXx Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

I've never ever ever had the problem of pressing spacebar while chatting and locking in a shot by mistake. But it seems some people have this issue. Wind is a nice change every now and then. But there's almost no incentive to play with it because it doesn't give any xp bonus. And it really should imo.

Taylor likes this.
  9. MeowrPower

MeowrPower Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

justNo.PNG From the game 2 minutes ago

no.PNG From my video 3 hours ago

Come on @kChamp, please dont start this crap.....

10. Goomba

o boi

11. referee11

referee11 First Lieutenant (16) Member

This is what I mentioned in my other thread. kChamp actually has do things when he says he is going to and not delay them. This is how we lose all 1000 people we gained. If this continues, of course. If he fixes it, it will be fine, but he hasn't shown any signs of doing so. He's missed a huge chance if he lets this go due to not maintaining the game the way he says he will.

12. Holy2334

Holy2334 Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

He's probably more worried about making a buggy update that will piss all of those ppl off so he might be perfecting on them.

13. Goomba

So that means he doesn't give an update? lol bugs come with updates, it's a fact, instead he needs to fix the bugs people already noted.

Edit: If this isn't a major update, I'm losing a lot of respect. This is the second time the eta has been bumped two days.
    ofcourse.JPG

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
    RumMumMario, referee11 and Taylor like this.