1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

i just thought i made this clear

Discussion in 'General Game Talk' started by OrganizationXIII, Aug 29, 2015.

1. OrganizationXIII

OrganizationXIII Corporal (5) Member

those people who play all shot points with i dont care how many people are really not winning anything and its not "fast"
    1. i win the same amount of exp with all shot and 6 people as a single player game with single shot with two people
    2. you waste ten seconds to move and a lot more seconds to aim and fire, with just moving you waste 300 seconds, thats exactly 5 minutes.

basically playing 8 people single shot and modifying the timer to a set number is much better than all shot

i just thought i made this clear because people really piss me off when they complain and say all shot is faster than single shot.

2. Elebil

Elebil Private E-2 (3) Member

Like on single shot everyone was ready and shooted the first second they could. There are slowdudes in every game, and where its more noticing its on single player. All shot is faster in the end ;)

3. Holy2334

Holy2334 Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

8P Single shot takes a looooot longer than 1v1 Single shot. Just saying. People would quit if the game literally took forever.

Batgirl likes this.
  4. OrganizationXIII

Tbh i been in all shot and its way too long, i even quit halfway through, with single player those 10 seconds that it takes to move are actually saved, in fact, 8 player all shot is the longest game ever, because almost every turn someone has to wait to 3 seconds to actually shoot, while in single shot this wouldnt happen. i tried both ways all shot takes 25 minutes to finish, single shot takes 17, and im counting with the slowpokes. there are people that atke 20 seconds to fire, if you add those 20+10 and multiply by 30, you literally just wasted 900 seconds, which is the same as 15 minutes.

5. Black Widow

Black Widow Forum Administrator Administrator

8 player all shot is more common because Gears generate more often in them, i found that out early on when they were first introduced so it may be possible that's why people prefer that game type as well. For xp, i do agree 1v1 all shot is good.

6. Batgirl

Batgirl Lieutenant Colonel (19) Member

No wait If u only have 45 seconds to shoot per round in all shot so 45 x 30 = 1350 seconds max 300 seconds if everyone shoots in 10 seconds but if in single shot 45 x 30 x 8 = 10800 seconds and 1600 if everyone shoots in 10 seconds. So...

7. OrganizationXIII

youre doing the math wrong tbh,
    even if you did count it that way people dont take that long to shoot and i did say "modify the time" meaning that i wont be dumb enough to let someone shoot in 45 seconds ill put the lowest number possible for timer.
    Second off: you still have 10 secs to move which adds up all the same, it includes more time wasted in all shot
    Third off: People seem to have an imbecile head when it comes to this matter they think because it takes 10 seconds to move and another 10 seconds to aim and fire, that its quicker, those 10 secs of moving can be saved once per turn in a 8 player single shot to be afk and you still finish faster, you also win around a proximity of good exp. in a 8 player all shot i win the same amount of exp as a 60 hp deathmatch, even more.
    4th off: people complain about single shot but in ssl2 they do 8 player single shot, so honestly this matter really pisses me off so, yeah. hypocrisy.

Batgirl likes this.
  8. referee11

referee11 First Lieutenant (16) Member

How does that math make sense? If everyone waits to the last second to shoot in a 8 player single shot game with 35 seconds, it is waaaaay slower than with the same settings and all shot. 8 times as slow.
    Here it is in a 1v1, if everyone waits to the last second.
    2 players * 35 seconds * (30*2 turns) = 4200 seconds single shot
    2 players * 35 seconds *30 turns = 2100 seconds all shot
    I have no idea where your math came from. All shot is twice as fast under these circumstances than single shot. Single shot just gives more xp at the end, which isn't really worth your while for the wait (which I could prove to you with another set of equations if you want them). Even in other circumstances, all shot mathematically wins out on speed.

Batgirl likes this.
  9. Batgirl

Yea cuz single shot u have to multiply per turn as in all shot there is no turns only rounds

10. OrganizationXIII

why do i bother explaining it to people,-tries to explain it to a 3 year old- do you speak english? becaus obviously you can't. what makes you believe that everyone is going to wait till the last second to shoot, even if they did it wont affect a game whatsoever, like literally people wait all day in ssl2 to get a single shot in because of the trolls, but anyone who enters a 8 player single shot will know that they have to shoot fast and quick, if they want to troll go ahead, it doesnt matter. In all shot literally people wait till the last second to shoot, they have 10 seconds to move, yet they want to waste 30 seconds to aim and fire, like if you know people are going to mess up your aim learn how to arc it wont matter if you miss then. give those extra seconds plus the 10 seconds to move you got 40 seconds already, if you multiply that by 30 turns you already wasted 1200 seconds, which can be equal to an hour or something and thats literally how much an all shot game takes. people in single player arent simple minded like how you portray them to be. Its quick its fun and you get a shit ton of exp, what are people arguing about, tell me i want to know because newsflash you did the same thing in ssl2 to level to 50 but for some reason ya want to come up here and be all hypocrites
    If you want me to speak to you in french, spanish italy, russian, german, brazilian portuguese, or whatever language so you could understand i can, but honestly its not worth it, if you dont like what i can say, you can read my thread and exit, its no big deal to me but dont make it seem like if you play single shot with 8 player everyones going to be intellectually incapable and wait till the last second to shoot at 45 angle and 25 pow to hit the person next to them.

11. referee11

referee11 First Lieutenant (16) Member

Why are we comparing SSLS and SSL2. They can't be compared. Besides, you think SSL2 has more trolls than this? Definitely not in my experience...
    Even if you don't wait to the last second and even add variations, it is a big win for all shot still. For a all shot win, you would need to make all shot game last to the last second, and the single shot instantly. And besides, that isn't true about All Shot. Remember, people can still aim during the 10 seconds, just not fire. Unless you play with lvl 2s in that mode all of the time, I've never had a single issue with that once. All shots are always shot by the 20 second mark when I'm in them.
    An hour is 6000 seconds, not 1200. That's only 12 minutes, and that scenario isn't even mathematically certain.
    Why do languages factor into this? This is basic math. ._.

Batgirl likes this.
  12. Batgirl

Compare that if everyone wait 30 seconds to shoot in single shot

13. OrganizationXIII

you can just believe what ya want to believe, ill stick to my methods of farming, i mean i am already catching up to everyone, in no time i will be level 100 while i wait for ya to catch up, even though ya had a higher chance in doing so~
    level 77 currently :D

14. Batgirl

• One word post.
    Ok

SubZero and OrganizationXIII like this.