1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Ideas I've had for a while...

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tekryon, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Tekryon

Tekryon Private E-1 (2) Member

Per joining the forums, I'd like to express a few ideas I've had for SSLSteam. If the following have been suggested, I urge the mods and staff to try to get these implemented.

1. Spectator Mode
    Spectator Mode could be useful for new players seeking to learn new techniques or for those who simply want to watch a clan battle or watch their friends play a match. The mode itself could use a special GUI to display different factors for each team/player, possibly including chances of winning, a combined HP/Shield meter, and a list of each weapons available to each member. This could also open up to new factors such as W/L ratios, number of kills, and other stats that could be found in the Hub.

2. Integrated Tournaments
    After joining the forum I browsed through some different clans and old tournaments that had been held on SSL2. With the arrival of official clan tags and clan organization on SSLSteam, this raises the idea of monthly/seasonal tournaments being held officially through the game itself, bracket and all. This could give opportunities for clans to display various awards in-game, earning XP, and possibly giving players an in-game profile where these items could be displayed. Furthermore, the tournaments could be streamed officially on Twitch with play-by-play narration through the "Spectator Mode" mentioned above (this may help to draw in additional players as well).

3. Audio (SFX, Music)
    As a music producer I must especially bring this up. There should be dynamic SFX for various weapons, and an array of different music composed in a cinematic fashion. The music could also be used in a variety of situations (i.e., wins, losses, low HP, etc.).

I hope the community can build upon this and discuss the possibility of these ideas being integrated into the game.

drake28034 likes this.
  2. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

1. I want this.
    2. According to the Steam Greenlight trailer - you can still find it on YouTube - trounaments are going to be implemented by the official release.
    3. I'd really love to have one or two alternate theme for SSL3. I have made some suggestions in the past, too.

e.g.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aty6q0_t4Cc or
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm4g1DqY08E

3. referee11

referee11 First Lieutenant (16) Member

1 and 2 were well answered by Mario above. I'll take #3 more in-depth.
    Sound effects are doin' much better than they were in the other games. MiniTurret now has its own sound effect, which differs from the other games. I just don't think a strong emphasis should be put on this. I'd rather wait until after the release for that to be added. It is meant to be a time of implementing stuff, and I'd rather see a game come together rather than having other music. Of course, you could turn it off, and play whatever music you want. I just don't think it should have such a strong emphasis yet. Bring this up in a month or two, and we may be closer to thinking about that sort of thing.

Tekryon likes this.
  4. KingstonDude20

KingstonDude20 New Born (1) Member

As for idea #1 I had the same idea and emailed it to support before I found this forum, here is the email:

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************
    I just wanted to add a suggestion.

I think it would be great if players could click on a match underway and watch it. maybe even a spectator screen (like the tv guide) that has the live action in a window and a list of the players involved down one side with some stats. HP, level, time match started etc.. of course you could just drop them into the game as a spectator without needing to program another screen.

I'm thinking of it kind of like Pokerstars. just because the table is full and I can't join, I may still want to watch my buddy play. I may also like to pop around and see who is playing online. There is currently no way that I have found to know who is online once they are involved in a match.

Just a suggestion.

Love the game and I think it's going to be huge :D

Thanks for reading.
    ******************************************************************************************************************************************************

Here is the reply I got from Kyle :D

Thanks for the suggestion! That's something I'd definitely like to add eventually.

Hope it's ok I posted that...

jgalloway64, Batgirl and Tekryon like this.
  5. Batgirl

Batgirl Lieutenant Colonel (19) Member

Uk wats funny he never replies to me :(

6. referee11

referee11 First Lieutenant (16) Member

I don't see the reply from kChamp, or the email. Maybe you forgot to insert them, or was this part of a ploy?

7. KingstonDude20

"Thanks for the suggestion! That's something I'd definitely like to add eventually."

that is the reply ^

8. KingstonDude20

Well I did notice your rank as TT secretary.
    Maybe you joined the wrong clan
    ;P