1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

I'm sick

Discussion in 'General Game Talk' started by TankFrank, Dec 28, 2014.

1. TankFrank

TankFrank Command Sergeant Major (13) Former Moderator

of people who say "next kick" when I'm going to suicide onto someone in the game.

suicide IT'S PART OF THE GAME, isn't it?

Taylor, jgalloway64 and BlackHawk36 like this.
  2. cacadun

cacadun Unconfirmed Member

I agree, thats why you drop three bombs, however you have to respect the hosts opinion, if he/she doesnt like to have that, you just accept it..

Taylor and emilio1973 like this.
  3. emilio1973

emilio1973 First Sergeant (11) Member

totaly agree.
    but anyway i hate suicide move but thet is only my opinion:)
    SSL2.jpg

Raichu likes this.
  4. arvidh

arvidh Unconfirmed Member

Somehow, I can accept it in ffa deathmatch, but not in a tdm.

jgalloway64 likes this.
  5. Raichu

Raichu Sergeant Major (12) Member

do u say that for what ive said to u?
    and yes,its true,i dont think its fair to do 80 dmg only for suiciding,i think the shots would be removed if th kill is produced by the same person who dies

6. 15Galaxy15

15Galaxy15 First Sergeant (11) Member

My opinion: suicide is not cool. In a FFA or TDM game, it's just ridiculous and super boring. You suicide because you're going to lose. Accept that.

Lyra, emilio1973, KingKyd and 2 others like this.
  7. arvidh

arvidh Unconfirmed Member

But still, the tank explodes for a reason. Same with items, why are they built-in if you never can use them? People seem to be so mad when you drop Supplies or use a jetpack :b
    But as I said, I can take it if one does suicide in ffa dm. Since it's all on their own in those games. But in a TDM, it's just idiotic since you're giving them the benefit of one less kill.

referee11, Taylor and theorem like this.
  8. TankFrank

Use or overuse of items is bothersome because noobs but rich people can win a game even if they are just noobs.

Use of suicide is not even comparable since it's an opportunity the game gives to you and if you think is better for your team to use this opportunity instead of not suiciding and force the other team to "lose" a hand in order to kill you (remember that when you suicide you somehow "save" a hand to the other team) then you'd go for it.

It's not something discriminatory since as I can suicide you might as well.

Also it allows you to use some weapons at its best, like magic shower.

In conclusion, it's part of the game, deal with it.

I hate when people say "next kick" and yes I'm referring to you @Raichu even if you're only the latest in a long list, but I don't care since usually I'm gonna leave the game by myself, but I will never stop doing that because there's absolutely nothing disgraceful about that.

Taylor and arvidh like this.
  9. 15Galaxy15

I never kick a guy because he suicided in a TDM, sometimes it's a part of the game, simple like that. I dont like it, do what?
    But suiciding in a FFA game doesn't make any sense lol

10. cacadun

Agree with everything you said, its like in real war, you sacrifice your life, to help your soldiers advance but you don't have to be so pissed about it, some ppl like to get 2-3 extra XP that comes with a kill.

Taylor likes this.
  11. Candor

Candor Forum Peasant Moderator

There is strategic value to it, which may benefit towards your win, but it is not acceptable under every circumstance, such as with a shield, and at the beginning of the game. You shouldn't use it just to use it cuz its your best option. Suicide should only happen in the case where you and your opponent die, if you die and the opponent is still alive, it would be a failed suicide.

Hells Fury, Taylor, Raichu and 2 others like this.
  12. itlives

itlives Sergeant (7) Member

Honestly, if I'm farming to level up a certain weapon, I'll suicide as much as I want and watch all three go away from the enemy tank, but other than that, I just see it as a way of trying to win after you already lost. Plus it's annoying when you lose XP from a free kill.

Plus, I also suicide when I'm with a friend and decide to go full retard on them.

13. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

I don't like people killing themselves beside my tank or anything, but it's honestly not something that one deserves a kick.

I'm sorry if I messed up my grammar, I'm too sleepy.

referee11 likes this.
  14. KingKyd

KingKyd Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Anyone that uses suicide in my server goes on the permanent ban list. Period.

It's disrespectful and means you admit you're not as good as your opponent but want to be a you-know-what and ruin the victory for them. Imagine if you're playing college basketball, the other team knows they're going to lose to you and you will advance in the tournament, but one of them intentionally pushes your point guard in mid-air, and injures them because they're mad they lost and don't want you to enjoy your victory for being the better team on that night.

That's what you're doing when you suicide, and you're a [86 EXPLETIVES REDACTED] for doing it. Your ban will not be forgotten.

Goldschlarger and Raichu like this.
  15. TankFrank

Your example is pointless. You give an example of something that's against the rules of a game but suiciding it's not against any rules of the game, rather it's allowed by the game, t's not like cheating.

Also I find odd that you cannot get any tactical use of suiciding. In a ffa match you can use it when you are going to die soon in order to get more xp. In a td match you can suicide in order to use some weapon at its best like magic shower and consequently help your team in the battle.

Imagine you are in a 3vs3 match, at the beginning everyone of the other team shoot towards you, after 3 hand you are almost dead but your mates are fully healthy, you have magic shower in your arsenal, you go on a enemy and use that weapon. It gives a huge advantage to your team.

It's not like a spoiled child who keep crying cause he don't wanna lose, as in your example. Its tactic. It's part of the game.

jgalloway64 likes this.
  16. KingKyd

KingKyd Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Actually my example is very valid, and I'll tell you why.

Suiciding IS against the rules of the game if you want to be a respected player. In basketball, if you want to be a respected player you play cleanly. Some play dirty and are still allowed to play, just like in ShellShock with suiciding/stacking. Sure, the option is there to play dirty, but that doesn't mean you have to and not a lot of people are going to like you for doing it.

If I were in that situation for a 3v3, I would gladly accept my loss and move on. I wouldn't use Magic Shower or Seagull in that manner because that wouldn't mean I am trying to give my team an advantage, that would mean "Man, I am going to lose at this game, but don't want to admit it because I'm a sore loser, so I'll try and take someone down with me."

The reason sparks are in the game is mostly for decoration. However, they do damage because it is supposed to be a proximity tool which makes you not be able to get very close to a tank to destroy it, not so they can die on you and try and take you down with them. That's cheap, very cheap.

If you think suicide is perfectly fine, you must also think stacking is fine, and shielding and firing Seagull is fine, and XP macroing is fine. Sure, none of that is illegal, but it's heavily frowned upon.

You can choose to like suicide if you want, but pretty much everyone else is going to look down on you for it, as they should.

referee11 and Raichu like this.
  17. Candor

All is fair in love and war I guess.

Goldschlarger, referee11 and Awesume like this.
  18. 15Galaxy15

I ask you: why do you suicide when you can shoot your enemie and still being a target?

referee11 likes this.
  19. Erile

Erile First Sergeant (11) Member

Because people want to spite the other player and don't understand strategy.

JohannZim, referee11 and 15Galaxy15 like this.
  20. TankFrank

It's not that way. In some circumstances you should choose to actually not suicide because it doesn't help your team but sometimes you'd go for the other way. It depends on the spot.

Can't find any logic in what you're saying, if I were to be almost dead it wouldn't mean that I lost the game since it's a team game and if I can help my team with a legal move then why should I give up? It's not trying to "take someone down with me because I'm a sore loser" it's trying to help my team to continue the battle without me in a easier way for them.

jgalloway64, cacadun and Candor like this.
  21. referee11

referee11 First Lieutenant (16) Member

Or, you could just do it anyway, and get kicked. If you wanna do it, don't let limits hold you back. Accept the punishment if you wanna do it, because it is part of the game. Although I don't do it much, I never kick anyone for suicide for any reason.

I'm with you on suicide. That gives them another man. It is the right move when you have 3 low hp men, and they have 1 high hp man because it severely lowers their maneuverability, and the have to hide more. I don't stress suicide unless it is a sure kamikaze, and you kill the other man too. Failed kamikazes can end games faster than you could imagine.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2014
  22. referee11

Oh ho! A sports analogy! I guess my trade of a different sport is yet to be forgotten. In any case, I mainly agree with you. I wouldn't put them on a ban list, although I do think it is disrespectful. I would just switch teams, or maybe always stay away from the person who does do the suiciding (suicider? Suicidee? Unrightful displeasure causer? I DUNNO). The few times I attempt suicide are if I saw the guy got a crazy box with BFG and 201 in it on turn 9 (yes, this has happened more than once, BELIEVE ME). That's when I lower the boom with the one good weapon I always save just in case, and that's the end. Suiciding isn't good, but it can be funny, and it isn't against the game.

Again, very true. As I said in another comment, I only suicide when someone gets an insanely good box in turn 9, and we are both super low hp. I don't say "Hey, look, that guy has 200 hp and I only have 1. LET'S SUICIDE." THAT is unfair suiciding. Fairer suiciding is "Hey, look, he has 50 hp, and I have 40 hp. He got a good box, and I don't have much to stop him. Ill try to kamikaze to save myself." I think that type is legal, because that box was just luck; it wasn't their own weapons at all. That is the only case I accept suiciding.

I am unsure of your context, but I think you suicide all the time?

To push upon this, something raises your damage of pellets. They start at 22 dmg each, then progress to 28 dmg each. I have no idea how it happens; something pushes it up, but anyway, yeah. That's a question for another day.

23. cacadun

And you quadruple post?

24. referee11

I am not sure, but their logic is "Hey, look, they are in a better position than us. If we have ANY chance of winning, WE GOTTA KILL THEM. But how? I have 1 good weapon, and they have 50 more hp than me. DOH, I KNOW. LET'S SUICIDE." Its false logic, but they use it.

Wait, are you asking me? lol Yes, suiciding is a very touchy subject for me. Someone at some point said "Hey, let's spread the idae stealing kills is GOOD." And, somehow, it caught on.

He is implying a 1v1. In 1v1, it is just you, and you steal kills. 1v1 suiciding is the WORST. I have probably lost 1000 xp at least from it. I find suiciding to be lackluster. If for some reason we found that some of the people on the leaderboard suicided often, wouldnt you not consider them as great a player as, potentially, yourself? Suiciding doesn't deserve a ban, but it should be avoided AT ALL COSTS.

I completely understand. FFA is every man for himself, so you really try to knock everyone out. However, you could cost someone better a win because you suicide on them, and that's kind of lame.

Hold on hold on hold on. Are we talking about suicide, the act of killing yourself a mile away from an enemy, or kamikaze, the act of successfully killing you and an opponent? Should have asked before I made all of those posts about kamikaze... lol

25. Candor

In this game suicide = kamakazi.

This game is supposed to enact war, and suicide is a strategical way to win a battle.