1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

In-game Voice Chat

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by RumMumMario, May 25, 2016.

?

:

1. I want it.

54.5%
  2. I don't want it.

45.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

I think it'll be fun for a game like this, cool and quick way to communicate with people in-game about strategy that you'll use or simply to have a nice little chat in a long game. You can quickly tell people the weapons you'll be using so they won't ruin your shot.

Also, combined with my vote kick idea and the muting system, these alone can nullify most of the mic spamming.

2. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

I think it would be cool but a bit weird at the same time,personaly knowing the average SSL player i would never use it,it would be cool to use with some friends but i think that actual chat already works pretty well

3. Tavi

Tavi First Sergeant (11) Member

Steam has its own voice chat for friends, or Discord/Skype/TeamSpeak etc. Limited to friends too but eh, text is fine for randoms (in-game voice wouldn't change fact people could still mess your shots up whether ignoring or having game muted) More of a relaxer, slow-paced game ya can play while doing other stuff, voice chat may force some unnecessary necessities.

Scarlet likes this.
  4. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

Only for select people which Stesm chat or discord would handle already if I went that way.

5. Holy2334

Holy2334 Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

I wanna hear all the kiddies scream and call me a hacker :(

6. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

I just think it's too much of a hassle to do all those stuff just to have a little quick chat with strangers, that's good for friends of course. All of the online games I own have voice chat implemented and even in game modes where team work is not necessary, people seem to be fine having nice little conversations. Not everybody types fast and it's usually pain in the butt when you can just speak it out in a split second.

7. Tavi

Tavi First Sergeant (11) Member

As long as it's a viewable option and implemented properly, I have my game muted at least 90% of the time and wouldn't hear anything. (YouTube is love)
    Hmm, with that said, it would give me a reason to unmute at least 1 aspect of the game, that's probably a plus.