1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Item Upgrades

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Goomba, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Goomba

Goomba Sergeant First Class (9) Member

As most people know, currently there are items; when you use the items, they will level up. This leveling up function does absolutely nothing in the present game. Why is it even a feature? I have no idea, so here are some ideas of what each level up for each item would be.
    Each one of these has their own effects and cooldown respective to the power the item holds.
    When you level an item up, you can choose to use the upgraded form in game, however, you can only have one type of upgrade for each item. You cannot have three different Tracer types in one game, and the effects do NOT stack, so you cannot have an almighty shield and whatnot.
    ItemUpgrades.jpg
    Tracers:
    Tracer Lv1: A normal Tracer, shows a dotted line where the shot will land.
    Advanced Tracer Lv2: This Tracer will show the path a weapon will take including bumpers, portals, rebound wall, and wind.
    Updater Lv3: When you use this tracer, you can adjust your aim for a few seconds and the Tracer will update the trajectory. (Cooldown: 3t)
    Satellite Tracer Lv4: This tracer will show exactly how the shot will work. For example, it will show the entire path of a Seagull with its droppings. (Cooldown: 5t)
    Zen Shot Lv5: This Tracer will automatically show you the best outcome for XP without aiming. (Cooldown: Once per game)

Shields:
    Shield Lv1: A typical shield that blocks most shots for two turns. (Cooldown: 5t)
    Heavy Shield Lv2: This shield is durable and withstands Earthquakes. (Cooldown: 6t)
    Camouflage Lv3: There is no bubble with this shield, so opponents will not know you have a shield until they shoot you. (Cooldown: 7t)
    Force Field Lv4: This shield lasts one turn and absorbs any nearby shots. (Cooldown: 6t)
    Safe Base Lv5: An enormous shield so big that you can roll over teammates to give them some cover. (Cooldown: Once per game)

Jetpacks:
    Jetpack Lv1: Shows a circle that allows flight within its boundaries.
    Leap Pack Lv2: The circle is converted to an ellipse to allow for more vertical climbs
    Mine Tank Lv3: The tank travels underground instead of above-ground, so there are less restrictions
    Magnet Pack Lv4: This Jetpack pulls in any nearby land and air crates.
    Super Jetpack Lv5: The circle used for the Jetpack is tripled in size.

Supply Drops:
    Supply Drop Lv1: Drops an air supply with 5 weapons
    Loot Drop Lv2: Drops a crate that can contain armor, items, and/or weapons
    Super Drop Lv3: Drops an air supply with 7 weapons
    Crate Drop Lv4: This Supply will drop a random crate down, it could be a supply crate, golden crate, or teliheli. (Cooldown: 2t)
    Selection Crate Lv5: The crate will present 15 weapons, of the 15, you may choose 5. Be fast though, you have 10 seconds. (Cooldown: 3t)

EMPs:
    EMP Lv1: Shocks enemies to keep them in place and messes up their aim for two turns.
    Big EMP Lv2: The range of this EMP is increased so you can gather more players into it at once. (Cooldown: 2t)
    Scrambler Lv3: Use this on you or teammates. It will make you immune to EMPs for 10 turns. (Cooldown: 10t)
    Smog Bomb Lv4: Adds smoke to the impact zone so enemies cannot see their tank or where their teammates are. (Cooldown: 3t)
    Energy EMP Lv5: The affected tanks cannot move for 5 turns and cannot use items. (Cooldown: Once a game)

Teleports:
    Teleport Lv1: Teleports your tank to a random location.
    Infiltration Lv2: Teleports your tanks near enemies
    Dodge Lv3: This unique upgrade allows you to use the Teleport in the middle of a turn. (Cooldown: 6t)
    Reroll Lv4: When you use a Teleport, if you do not like where you teleported to, you will have the option to go back and you will receive your item back. (Cooldown: 5t)
    Advanced Teleport Lv5: You can teleport to a chosen location on the map (Cooldown: Once a game)

As usual, leave feedback and comments about it.
    Tell me if I need to make any changes to item effects, balance issues, names, cooldowns, etc.

2. Owl_Spirit27

Owl_Spirit27 Private First Class (4) Member

Awesome ideas as usual, Goomba!
    With the insane amount of items high-luck players receive, I think it would be fair if higher-levelled items consumed more of that item.

3. banna

banna ★The Sheriff★ Moderator

Love your dedication and imagination, except that alot of these are a bit overpowered even with Cooldown. But yeah leveling items for no reason doesn't make any sense, so i'm all for it.

SubZero likes this.
  4. SubZero

SubZero Sergeant First Class (9) Member

[​IMG]
    Would be nice to use these and not feel like a troll somehow. :confused:

Owl_Spirit27 and xXTacocubesXx like this.
  5. Owl_Spirit27

Completely agree lol, items are frowned upon in near enough every match...

6. Goomba

Goomba Sergeant First Class (9) Member

Maybe a Shield that people wouldn't get upset over, like a Collection shield that can be used every 10 turns that takes all shots that hit you and gives you XP for them as well as your weapons.

7. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

I want this.

I like how each level in your idea gives purpose to collecting and maxing.
    It also gives each level of an item something beneficial so all players have a perk no matter how many they've used.

Most likely this is how items should of always been when this game came out.

8. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

Great art work + great ideas = something that we need for ssl.

Taylor likes this.
  9. adv0catus

adv0catus Private E-2 (3) Member

I fully support this.

I actually didn't know that leveling your items does nothing. Here I was intentionally using them, thinking it had some current benefit...

GooodHerb likes this.
  10. Owl_Spirit27

Not sure whether this is the right place to post this or not but...
    It's no secret that items are really annoying for other players. Perhaps they'd be less of an annoyance if they used up the player's turn (unless the tracer is used, of course).