1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Jupiter from The Planets by Gustav Holst, Arranged by me (Preview and Final Result)

Discussion in 'Talk Area' started by referee11, Mar 6, 2015.

1. referee11

referee11 First Lieutenant (16) Member

Hi guys. The following is something I've been working on in the past couple of days. The following song is called Jupiter from the Planets, originally written by Gustav Holst. It is a great song, and if you haven't checked out the whole the whole song, you should. I will not be doing the whole song, just an excerpt of about 4 minutes from it. I made it on (@RumzMumzMario , you gonna love this) Mario Paint Composer. There are a few errors in it, but it is still pretty good. I hope you guys enjoy. :)
    Also, this IS a song which is supposed to relax you. It's classical. lol

Finally, I have finished my song! :D It took 7 hours, and I had to listen to the original song and its arrangements, but I have finished. I used less of them in the last 30 measures or so, because I wanted to show you guys some of my skill. :) I turned down the volume of this one before I recorded it, so I hope it doesn't sound so loud. Other details can be found in the description if you go directly to YouTube. I really hope you guys enjoy this. :)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
    15Galaxy15 and RumMumMario like this.
  2. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

lol my ears. Why did you choose this instrument >_>

The original music sounds great, also Mario paint is OP so you have my respect.

referee11 likes this.
  3. referee11

It is the most dominant string instrument provided. There is one which an actual violin sound, but it is far too quiet to be put in a video. We just hear that one. Really, that's my only explanation. I tried to slip the violin into the melody and harmony parts, but it was just drained out.

4. referee11

Alright! Final production sounding is sounding better and of higher quality than the first preview! :D Perhaps I will make more of these in the future.