1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

List of Weapons to Fix or Disable in Rebound Mode

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by a3person, Mar 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. a3person

a3person New Born (1) Member

You're playing one-weapon mod on rebound and you only get one weapon, and you get earthquake. Congratulations! You get to forfeit your turn! Here are a list of weapons that should be taken out from rebound mode or fixed so they can hit bumpers.

• Attractoids (barely works)
    • Laser Beam, Great Beam, Ultra Beam, Master Beam
    • Rampage, Riot (only if inside circle or bumpers are low)
    • ShockShell, ShockShell Trio
    • Earthquake, Mega-Quake
    • Guns (can't even grab buffs) [listed below]
    • M4, M16, AK-47
    • Uzi, MP5, P90
    • Glock, M9, Desert Eagle
    • Napalm, Heavy Napalm (splitting nulls any bumps before the split, similar weapon splitter doesn't)

If I missed any or you wanna argue against something, please say so. Let's try to get this to kChamp's god ray emitting eyes.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  2. referee11

referee11 First Lieutenant (16) Member

Before I begin, I just want to say that kChamp will never see this. He hasn't come to the forums since before all the new people came. With that settled, let's continue...

None of these weapons should be fixed or disabled. Attractoids attracts to opponents, and isn't optimal anyways unless on sharp ground. The Beams can just be aimed at the enemy without thinking, but they should be there as a "trap" weapon. Rampage and Riot are not impossible to hit. Shockshell literally goes through any ground laser, so that shouldn't even be in this list. The guns wouldn't do hardly any damage anyways, even if they hit the lasers. All the weapons above (except for ShockShell and Shockshell Trio) are "trap" weapons. Most of them can be used strategically to your advantage. Attractoids and Laser Beam are too noob for what is supposed to be a skilled mode. Thus, none of these weps need to be changed. Besides, why would you get rid of them? There has got to be SOME weps you are unlucky to get, and these are them.

a3person likes this.
  3. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

i'm totaly agree with you!! but keep in mind that some weaps like attracoids just can't work on that mode.... however i' m agree that at least all "guns" weaps should work,there is no reason that bullets can't bounce on a bumper

a nice concpet could be that earthquake actaully gets dmg when there is a bumper that touches ground?

a3person likes this.
  4. Holy2334

Holy2334 Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Maybe they have bumper piercing rounds.

5. xXTacocubesXx

xXTacocubesXx Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Napalm and Partition don't work in rebound either.

I honestly think earthquake should simply be removed from the mode because there's no way you can hit with that weapon. I agree attractoids shouldn't be changed. The laser beam weapon tier should be changed because they are literally impossible to use in rebound mode. They are useless. They can't hit bumpers. Rampage and Riot are iffy, in the right circumstances you can hit with them, so I agree with you there. Same with the shockshell tier. Also, the gun weapons cannot hit bumpers, they fly straight through them, so those actually need to be fixed. And with your last point, I agree with that also. You should be unlucky to get a difficult or impossible shot. But you should not have a weapon that is impossible to hit in ALL circumstances.

6. Penguin

however division got fixed for info

xXTacocubesXx likes this.
  7. xXTacocubesXx

xXTacocubesXx Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Oh, I wasn't aware he fixed it, thanks :)

8. SubZero

SubZero Sergeant First Class (9) Member

Napalm only works if it splits before hitting the bumper where as Skull shot,splitters and breakers work either way.

9. Penguin

now with the new marksman mode we ABSOLUTLY NEED some changes cause,if you get a weap that can't him the target you are DEAD.Well losing a game beacause you was unlucky to get that weap really sucks so kyle plz:
    -laser beam tier can hit targets
    -bann earthquake weapon
    -all other weapons that can't hit a target have to be fixed or banned from that mode

a3person likes this.
  10. referee11

referee11 First Lieutenant (16) Member

Again, though, I like that concept. There have to be SOME weapons that are weapons that can't even hit the target. If you don't do one shot, there isn't an issue at all. I think Laser Beam should be able to hit targets ON THE CONDITION it doesn't head through any ground beforehand. Other than that, kinda like rebound, let the mode play out.

11. a3person

a3person New Born (1) Member

Well I tried. Guess god ray emitting eyes have better things to do than read text. I kinda like the idea of trap weapons since one-weapon mod is kinda like a gamble (that sometimes pays off) but I don't think there should be so many. Like intuitively I think the gun weapons should bounce off of bumpers, but they don't.

I like that idea that earthquakes can do damage if there's a bumper touching the ground.
    Bumper piercing guns kinda sounds useful in other gamemodes, but in rebound its just eugh. I just wish they bounce off of bumpers. Or at the least depending on how powerful the gun is they can pass through x amount of bumpers before bouncing. Like the first tier guns bounce right away, 2nd tier guns might pass through one before bouncing, and 3rd tier guns could be 2 passes before bounce or just pass through everything.
    Definitly in agreeance to that.