1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Logged In w/o Friends or Deluxe

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by KingKyd, Mar 1, 2014.

1. KingKyd

KingKyd Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Hi there, everyone. I have a bug that has just occurred to me and I really need to know what's going on here.

I just logged into my account, ready to play some ShellShock like any average Friday night for me (I don't have much of a life, thank you) and I come to find out I'm no longer Deluxe and my friends list has been wiped!

I have no idea what the heck has happened but to say it concerns me is an understatement. I know my account was not hacked because I see no way to cancel Deluxe membership, and my password is quite strong. My Deluxe ran through April 13 and now I am not Deluxe at all. I don't want to have to spend 20 TCs just to get it back when I don't understand how I lost it in the first place.

I mean, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, but I really would like an explanation for this. If anyone has had the same issue or if this has occurred before and can offer anything to say on it, I'd love to see what you've got to say.

Thank you for reading.

xXxTnTxXx likes this.
  2. buyingtime

buyingtime Second Lieutenant (15) Former Moderator

Hmm... I've never heard of this before. Maybe log out and re-log back in. I could see you friend list getting wiped out by a possible number of things, but I have no idea how you would lose your deluxe. Makes me think it's just a glitch and will work itself out, but if it's been awhile since the first incident, perhaps it's really messed up.
    By the way, it's never a good thing to tell people your password. Although, "quite strong" isn't that bad of a pass... :p

3. CZXV

CZXV Unconfirmed Member

Is it something like... this? It's a thread I've created a while back, where the situations you've described seemed similar.

jgalloway64 likes this.
  4. KingKyd

I did refresh and log out and log in and nothing changed. I knew it wasn't a hack because of the Deluxe. And clever person you are, but my password is a lot more complicated than that. How someone could figure it out without brute-forcing it would be beyond my comprehension.

Yes, exactly that. I don't want to sound like a you-know-what here, but if nothing can be done about this and I have to re-add everyone and buy my Deluxe again, that is really not nice security for someone that's spent hard-earned money on such a small Flash game; and if it occurs again I think I'll be taking my leave from ShellShock permanently. If it can be restored as it was previously, then I have no issue at all. Just a glitch I assume.

jgalloway64, Staple and xXxTnTxXx like this.
  5. CZXV

CZXV Unconfirmed Member

Everything will be fine. The glitch had occurred to me long ago, along with friends of mine, and it will recover. It seems to happen when you get a specific error; and when this error occurs it basically disables everything as to what I had stated in my thread. But honestly, after the updates... I didn't think this would eventuate again...

xXxTnTxXx likes this.
  6. KingKyd

It is quite unfortunate that it has resurfaced, but at least I know now that everything will be alright. At least, hopefully speaking. When it has recovered I'll let everyone know so this whole thread can be closed.

jgalloway64 and CZXV like this.
  7. KingKyd

Alright, I got my stuff back. This bug should be looked into, though. It's quite the startle when you login and see such a thing occur.

Anyway, moderators, feel free to close/delete this thread now. Problem is solved. :)

jgalloway64 and xXxTnTxXx like this.
  8. xXxTnTxXx

xXxTnTxXx Brigadier General (21) Member

9. Staple

Staple General of the Army (25) Member

i dont see why its so hard to just report it for the staff members instead of tagging all 4 and annoying 3 out of the 4

jgalloway64 and ceroncar000 like this.
  10. ceroncar000

ceroncar000 Second Lieutenant (15) Member

I know right. people who tag them annoy me a lot. Its like the "report" button was there just to make the forums look pretty

11. Bronco

Bronco First Lieutenant (16) Member

This has happened to me before, but all of the stuff came back the next day.

12. Mr Anonymous

Mr Anonymous Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

I think Mr Bach and me just found the best solution to this problem and how to fix it quickly. It's a simple one too. All you have to do is talk in the main chat where everyone is for a few minutes. After a bit of that, it will disconnect you and when you come back, everything will be back to normal and fixed. It worked for me and just now worked for Mr Bach too.

13. KingKyd

I will be sure to remember that, then. Thank you, sir.

jgalloway64 and Mr Anonymous like this.