1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Make gears bounce off map boundaries.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Towel, May 10, 2015.

1. Towel

Towel look mom i have a custom title Former Moderator

Title.

Right now people only play lowlands, and from what I gather it's because half of the gears on any other map just fly mach speed off of your screen, wasting that potential gear. Gears are already hard enough to come by, and this removes about half of the gears that pop up. If gears didn't fly off of our screens, I would bet more people would decide to give some more maps a spin.

2. Goomba

Goomba Sergeant First Class (9) Member

+1 I had this idea but never posted it, yes, yes. Especially because I'm one of those lowlands people :)

3. Amaterasu

Amaterasu Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

I was even talking to Kyle about it while we were playing against each other. He said you have to be faster :c

4. Goomba

Goomba Sergeant First Class (9) Member

Should either have gears bouncing off walls, increased gear frequency, or more variations of gears... especially with a slowly expanding shop, once there are like 500 items in the catalog between weapons, tanks, etc I don't want to be obtaining gears as slow as I do.

AntonyBoys and Towel like this.
  5. arvidh

arvidh Unconfirmed Member

Haha, I think it's fun trying to catch them! But a little tip, move your cursor just above or right at the tank you're aiming at before you fire. That way you'll get the gear 8 out of 10 times :cool:

6. referee11

referee11 First Lieutenant (16) Member

I agree with this. How can you be fast if your guy is on the edge, and the gear goes flying off the screen before you can react? Even with arvidh's plan, it is still a longshot.

Towel likes this.
  7. Dryykon

Dryykon Second Lieutenant (15) Member

I like the "be faster" response to complaints against it ;)

8. xXTacocubesXx

xXTacocubesXx Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Yes please. If you have a laggy game like me, it is next to impossible to grab a gear flying fast across the screen.

9. Holy2334

Holy2334 Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

>Fires Earthquake
    >Gear comes out of guy next to edge of the screen and flys in that direction.

I wanna see video proof of anybody trying to catch a gear with that reaction time. Until then make them bounce off screen.

10. Dryykon

Dryykon Second Lieutenant (15) Member

I've caught one from a person about an inch away from the edge flying at a low arc when my mouse was in the middle. I wasn't looking at the tank at the time, just saw the gold out of the corner of my eye and grabbed it. I've missed several more of the same.

If you get unlucky you get unlucky.

EDIT: Also, FPS problems from your computer are your problem. Gameplay shouldn't be modeled after a few people's crappy computers.

Open the game in windowed mode with "Low" settings and scale the game to where you get decent FPS. The writing will be smaller, but deal with it.