1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Map Maker/Creator in ShellShock Live for Steam

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tmax369, Aug 6, 2016.

?

Do you think that this is a good idea?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Kinda

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Tmax369

Tmax369 New Born (1) Member

Title kind of explains itself

I know ShellShock Live 2 for Kongregate has one, but its really janky in my opinion, and I think that it could be improved, and most importantly added in steam's ShellShock Live.

Maybe it needs to be unlocked, maybe it could be its own option, or something else.

What would also be cool is if you could play it with your friends, and have another multiplayer category for custom maps so you could play them with the public.

This is just a thought that came over me and I have not seen anyone talk about it yet. ,<:p

2. MythicalRainbowPumpkins

MythicalRainbowPumpkins Unconfirmed Member

I have always wanted to have a level editor of sorts and maybe even a workshop. It would be fantastic to have this in the game, but very unlikely to be put in :(

Tmax369 likes this.
  3. Tmax369

Tmax369 New Born (1) Member

I was thinking of the workshop idea, which could be cool for testing community made tank parts, weapons, and maps with some weird terrain. Could also make maps kinda like the campaign does, where the tanks are placed in the same spot every time, and you spawn with THESE weapons. On some levels, you could play with bots, or friends take the bots place.

4. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

Workshop would be an excellent feature if kChamp would put effort and utilize the ideas and works posted there. Since this game is multiplayer, the only things that can be used in-game are single player levels and UI tweaks. If we want things like custom mods, weapons, whatever to be usable in-game, things gets more complicated which Kyle probably won't even touch.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if we want workshop to be useful in any way then Kyle would probably have to change how the servers work in the game to how games like CS:GO or Killing Floor make their servers work; play a game via the game's main server or host your own with a bunch of mods.

All in all too complicated and it'd just turn into another "hey this is cool please implement it" thing.

5. Ruleaus

Ruleaus Private E-2 (3) Member

Yes, I recently made a thread about this with suggested improvements because on Kong, you could only make symmetrical team-based maps.

6. SnarkySnickers

SnarkySnickers New Born (1) Member

Most Valve games have this system with how they handle workshop items (even though they ignore proposed stats), but I think their system works better because Shellshock Live is a multiplayer game.

7. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

that is good because:
    -every game like SSL have some kind of lvl editor
    -would power up that crap of gear shop we currently have :/ since it should cost at least 1000 gears if unlocked in the gear shop like ssl2 with TC

Optimus Prime likes this.