1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

More In-Game Obstacles

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by gassug2, Oct 21, 2016.

1. gassug2

gassug2 Private E-1 (2) Member

Barriers are already an obstacle, how about we add a small challenge with more "obstacles" in-game. By obstacles, I mean small objects that float about and that can sometimes mess up your shot or aim, but it's a good way of adding a challenge.

So let's get right into it, shall we?

1. Portals:

These portals are just what they sound like. If a projectile goes through one portal, it comes out the other. This is a double-sided sword because it can either make you miss your target miserably or they can be used strategically to deal damage on a player that is nowhere near you.

Graphics: The portals are red and purple (choosing blue and orange would be strange, wouldn't it?).

2. Vortex:

Like a black hole, it will suck in any nearby projectiles. This is only if the projectile is within the vicinity of the vortex.

Graphics: Similar to the black hole weapon, but smaller.

3. Glass Box (of emotion?):

A glass box will hover in the playfield, if a weapon gets near or in it, it will be trapped inside. However, the opponent (enemy team if teams mode) can hit the glass box 3 times to make it crack, and they get whatever weapon was inside.

Graphics: This item has two (well, not two, but in the shortest amount of words, yes, two) different graphics. The empty box will just be a translucent empty square. If a projectile is stuck in it, the weapon projectile will bounce off the walls inside the box.

4. Speed Bumper:

Like a speed bumper in a pinball game, but different. It is shown as a blue square with an upwards-facing arrow on it. If it is hit by a projectile, the projectile will move at 2x of its speed.

Graphics: Explained above.

5. Randomizer:

This one is pretty interesting, if a projectile in it (yes, in it, I will explain the graphic), it changes randomly. Sort of like the spaz weapon, except it actually changes what weapon you are shooting. It will change 1 time for every 1/10 of a second. So if i shoot a shot inside of it, it will choose from all of the available weapons in the whole game and will come out the other side as the random weapon that was picked.

Graphics: A small metallic ring with green electicity bolts coming out of every corner.

That's all for now, have a good one.

Optimus Prime likes this.
  2. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Corporal (5) Member

I like the idea of the speed bumper

3. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

gassug2 and Blue Phantom like this.