1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

more original ways to lvl up weapons!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Penguin, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

hi!lately i'm seeing that,some weaps can have really cool and different versions that would feet just perfectly in the game.But with that weapon lvl system some weaps can't transform in something more original but thems have to stay the same and that's not good.so here my suggestion: having a more original weapon lvl up system that would allow a weapon to lvl up in different paths and it would also allow weapons upgreads to be unlocked in some more logical and original ways.Before starting the list of the weaps suggest here a small example of how it should work(letters are the weapon paths)sry for the mess up with lines put it changed totaly when i posted!look this thread at 110% normal screen zoom,it's better
    >weapon 2a---------->weapon 3a---------->weapon 4a
    /
    Weapon 1
    \
    > weapon 2b---------->weapon 3b---------->weapon 4b
    Weapons can have up to 4 different paths and that would be pretty easy to understand it.Using my example if i use base weapon i can help both paths(depends how you use it) then if i use a path b weapon upgrade it wouldn't help to unlock in any way the a path a or the other paths if there are more than 2 paths.There could be weapons that have 2 base weapons as well that have the same upgrade,to unlock it,you have to use both.That would also help kyle to add previous ssl weapons without adding new tiers.I did my best to find original and logical ways to upgrade the weapons.
    with that said here my weapon suggestion that could have different lvl paths!
    tier 1:

>plasma grenade(a)
    /
    grenade---------->tri nade---------->multi nade----------> grenade storm(b)

\ >holy grenade(c)
    how new ones works and unlocks:
    -grenade storm: normal way to unlock it with weapon xp
    -holy grenade: big area dmg of 70 + god rays shoted sharpenel style,unlocked when your grenades hits 2 enemies in one blast for 5 times
    -plasma grenade: sticks to the enemy dealing 2 times 30 dmg,it stay sticked to the enemy for 5 seconds and for that 5 secs it deals another 30 dmg "flame style",unlock when you hit directly with grenade your enemy for 20 times(don't have to do dmg just have to touch him without having bounced one single time first)
    -plasma and holy can be upgraded from grenade(1st tier)
    tier 2:

stream---------->creek---------->river---------->tsunami(a)
    \
    >ocean(b)
    how new ones works and unlocks:
    -ocean: direct hit explosion that does 50 dmg and big like a deathshadow that makes spawning very much water for 60 dmg more.Unlocked by shooting 5 000 water drops (stream shots 20 water bullets for example)
    -ocean can be upgraded since river

tier 3:

>sub sniper(a)---------->super sniper(a)
    /
    sniper
    \
    >smart sniper(b)

how new weapons works and how unlocks:
    -sub sniper: normal way to unlock it with weapon xp
    -smart sniper: miss 20 times with sniper
    -super sniper: deals 140 dmg far range,normal weapon xp to unlock it after you got sub snipe(smart sniper dmg will not count)
    -smart sniper can be got since sniper 1st tier
    tier 4:

tadpoles---------->frogs---------->bull frog(a)
    \
    > poison frogs(b)

how new weapons works and unlocks:
    -bull frog: normal way to unlock it normal weapon xp (it shots way more frogs at once)
    -poison frog: shot same number of frogs than tadpoles frogs(so less than frog upgrade),this poison frogs are purple istead to be green,when they land on the enemy,they stay sticked dealing 5 dmg for 3 times(15 every frog).Unlocked by doing 1000 dmg only with frogs(2nd tier) in purple theme color maps,sorry if you find that too akward but it would make theme colors more usefull!and purple is the color of the poison frogs and a color that represents the poison in general.
    -poison frog can be owned just if you have unlocked frogs first
    tier 5:

python(a)---------->anaconda(a)
    /
    snake
    \
    cobra(b)

-anaconda: it is actaul cobra with name changed,unlock with normal way weapon xp
    -python: normal way to unlock it weapon xp
    -cobra:looks like a snake(first tier) but it is black: deals 10 dmg and last like a normal first tier snake but after few secs every hit deals 2 times 3 dmg.unlock by doing 500 dmg with snake in a purple map(black would be better but there is none :( )
    note:i changed names beacause anaconda in nature is a physical agression snake without poison and it's bigger and green so it looks just like the actuall cobra in ssl.While cobra in nature is way smaller like the actaul snake,it can be black and i would put it black in ssl so you can know if they shoted you a snake or a cobra(and it's way cooler).His power in nature is venom and so it would be in SSL.

tier 6:

> hail(a)
    /
    rain
    \
    > thunderstorm(b)

-hail:normal weapon xp unlock
    -thunderstorm: spawn a 1,5 longer rain + 3 ligthings that work like bolt but are slower to come.to unlock have 1k xp with bolt tier,3k rain total dmg,play at least 10 high wind games

tier 7:

> turret mob(a)
    /
    mini turrert
    \
    > super turret(b)

-turret mob: normal weapon xp( it does 102 dmg without crits)
    -super turret: shots 1 turret that does a total of 95 dmg.Shot normal turrets shot + 2 big shot explosion that look lik fighter jet dmg.Explosion dmg 25.Unlock by doing more than 150 dmg 5 times with mini turret.
    note: it may seem weaker but super turret is more easy to use and can be used far range,turret mob doesn't

tier 8:

>asteroid storm
    /
    asteroids---------->comets
    \
    >halley comet

how new weapons works and unlock:
    -asteroid storm: normal game xp(maybe 35 each asteroid buff?it's awfull weapon lol)
    -halley comet: shots a super fast comet,istead of having 1/2 of the normal speed shot it has x2 and when it lands it does 60 dmg massive shot range and it leaves random flames that does 3 dmg x 2 times each,cause comets goes really fast and burn for that reason.

tier 9:

summoner(a)------------------> mage
    /
    dark summoner(b)----------/

summoner: like normal one
    drak summoner: like normal summoner 10 each shot but shots only dark ones from the sky
    mage:having 2 k xp on both summoner and drak summoner
    note: chances of getting mage are the same,but istead getting only summoner you'll have chance to get the dark one.IT's like 25% get summoner 25% get dark summoner 50%getting mage(if you don't have luck upgrades)

tier 10:

>carpet fire(a)---------->inciendiary bombs(a)
    /
    carpet bomb
    \
    >double carpet bomb(b)

how new weapon works and unlocks:
    -carpet fire/inciendiary bombs: normal weapon xp
    -double carpet bomb: shots 2 carpet bombs from both 2 sides so one from left to right and one from rigth to left,means more dmg but smaller range effects.Unlocked by doing 1000 dmg with carpet bomb with left to rigth carpet bombs + doing another 1000 dmg with right to left carpet bomb

tier 11:

>
    express(a)
    /
    train
    \
    > magnetic train(b)

how new weapon works and unlocks:
    -express: normal weapon xp(it does more dmg that's the upgrade)
    -magnetic train: this train look way more cooler and futuristic(like japan trains),it does same dmg of first tier but travel all the map without failing.Unlock by failing with train 5 times,the fail must be caused from too early train crush shooting out of map would not count

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  2. Penguin

tier 12:

> funnel(a)
    /
    flattener---------->wall---------->fortress

\
    > castle(b)

how new weapons works and unlocks
    -flattener,wall,fortress,funnel: normal weapon xp unlock
    -castle: direct hit shot that does 55 dmg and creates a castle(1 big wall in the middle + 2 fortress + other 2 small fortress design,nuke/mega nuke range).Unlock by trapping your enemies in fortress for 5 turns 5 times

new weapon idea tier:

heaven fire(a)--------------
    \
    > hell fire
    hell strike(b)----------------/

how weapons work:
    -heaven fire: shots from up screen many gold shots that does 25 dmg each helicopter strike range and with same way of shooting(unlocked at lvl 79)
    -hell strike:shots from down screen tunneler strike style many shots that have large area dmg that does 10 + flames that does 2 dmg each x2 times(unlocked at lvl 79)
    -hell fire: shots both heaven fire and hell strike.Heaven shots does 20 dmg each,hell ones does 7 dmg each + 1 dmg flames x2 times
    Sry for the mess up with the lines!and i posted this 2 in a prely cause i couldn't post more than 10,000 characters thread LOL

3. Goomba

Goomba Sergeant First Class (9) Member

This is essentially my and Rummum's thread for having original upgrades for weapons.
    While I agree, there have been a ton of shortcuts that Kyle made when making weapons, just to push more weapons out faster. I think most weapons should have some new characteristic to it, but eh, not gonna happen. This is too much work on Kyle's part, it would make the game better and would make more original weapons, but it's a little too late for a change in the weapon system.

Upgrades to weapons pretty much just follow these rules:
    A) Larger explosions
    B) More projectiles
    C) More damage
    D) Color swap
    E) Turned into a flare weapon

Of these, the flare change is the nicest, you are essentially getting the closest form of a "new and original" weapon that you'll see.
    If Kyle had a few more co-devs working with him, I'd think this is a possibility, but at this stage, it will not happen.

We can dream, but it's not going to.

Penguin likes this.
  4. Penguin

well you may have reason we have to hope that one day he finnaly get some helpers,if this day come true we would have chances to get in game the bunch of good and original ideas in the forums.Agree also with your rules of lvl up weapons,we just have firestorm that changes completly form the past tier :/ (and that's due to the fact that in ssl2 napalm and firestorm was 2 separate weapons,same for tunneler tier wich is one of the best :/)