1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

More Realistic features + New Graphics settings

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Hells Fury, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Hells Fury

Hells Fury Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Let's get right down to business without much of an introduction, since I never seem to be good at those. I think the game should have some more realistic features. For example, say you shoot a sticky box at a flying crate. The box should stick to the crate, and when it blows up, the rotors should be blown apart and the box should fall down to the ground as a regular box. If you have any other suggestions that would make the game seem more realistic, feel free to put them down below.

On to the second suggestion. A new graphics setting that makes the view slightly more angled, so the field can be seen going off into the distance. I think this, along with @Tap Water's idea of theme pictures would make this game more visually appealing, and a varying levels of intensity, depending on the theme and the map.

So, what do guys think? Criticism's are always welcome.

2. Aevoa

Aevoa Unconfirmed Member

Like... like boxes hitting bumpers?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2015
    xXxTnTxXx, itlives, Taylor and 8 others like this.
  3. Hells Fury

Hells Fury Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Exactly! Pretty much make anything that doesn't make sense in-game make sense.

serbia98 and jgalloway64 like this.
  4. chickadee

chickadee Sergeant Major (12) Member

Bumpers... hissssssssssssssssss -.-'

Good idea though ^.^

5. Dryykon

Dryykon Second Lieutenant (15) Member

Giant levitating bumpers are perfectly realistic. One occasionally appears over my house. That Malaysian flight that went missing actually flew into one and was bounced to the field behind my house. Sadly due to the immense g-forces they all...... lived.

DinomanIV, Csumbi, Amaterasu and 2 others like this.
  6. KingKyd

KingKyd Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

I think more realistic graphics would be a fantastic addition to the game. When you see the tank in the Perks section or the loading screen or the updates on the Facebook page, you'll notice that the graphics shown are significantly improved. I can understand marketing and whatnot, but since this game is a prime example of false advertisement, I should expect such. Because of that, though, I think it's safe to say that, with a little help from us Photoshop fanatics, the game's graphical aspect could be improved. Perhaps new textures only though, as the game already runs pretty rough for some people as is, even on "Very Low" quality.

As for the theme pictures, they would make for a good change of scenery, though I doubt Kyle would add that. You have to take into account that unless you have blurring effects or lower-quality images pre-loaded into the game, you cannot change an actual picture's resolution and because of that, lowering the quality will not help. And the boxes bouncing off of bumpers, that was thought of long ago by me and many others. I'm indifferent, nothing really special.

If you want a more realistic game, here's some of what you have to take into account:
    • No more fifth-turn earthquakes
    • No more bumpers
    • No more X2s
    • No more being able to drive up an 80° incline
    • Tank acceleration
    • Tanks being able to increase speed off of declines and use ramps to fly over holes
    • No more unbalanced graphics (meaning physical objects need to be as large as their sprites... I'm talking to you, Grenade Storm)
    • More explosion and gunfire sound effects (I think this could just stand on its own, as these sounds in the game are forever imbued within my mind)
    • Advanced physics, including cannon recoil upon firing larger weapons and larger explosions causing shock waves, like Nuke's explosion
    There are more, and I'm not saying all of these are intrinsic to a realistic simulation (though, in real life they would be, but then you have to take into account much more than just what's listed above), but honestly, at least having some of these as options, principally the three former, would be ideal.

That's just my two cents, though.

7. Batgirl

Batgirl Lieutenant Colonel (19) Member

do u think this is a little bit 2 much for this poor little game owner (kchamp)

Taylor likes this.
  8. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

Good ideas here guys.