1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

My Journey to Level 100

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by Taylor, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

[​IMG]

It finally happened and what a grand achievement it is. I knew one day I'd accomplish such a feat but only when you achieve it, do you truly realize how much hard work it took.
    True many will hit 100 after me and soon enough it'll probably be like how Prestige 10 is viewed on SSL2(filling up the whole leader board, even many spots way past it), but honored for the privilege to be the second to get 100 ever on SSL.

[​IMG]

Below I wanted to do a video to celebrate the event and to show what my in-game profile looked like after getting 100. Special thanks to those who helped me grind big chunks of the last 90 something thousand that is level 99, your the true reason why it hardly took any time. Of course the awesome people I invited to the big game below as well. (Hardly anyone was on when I did it and even waited close to 2 hours for two friends that never showed so I had to start without them. :/ I did get most of the friends I wanted in it on though.)
    Just a bummer the weapons I got were sub-par. I got the required xp but not one of my finer games.

None of this would of been possible without the help of my grind buddies aka "The Regulars" (Holy2334, muffinasdf, MeworPower, T_Wizzle, xXTacoCubesXx, and Beagle99), my fellow Tasty Tank Clan members, my other close friends that helped in a small way or slightly bigger way, and of course any user I had the privilege of playing down the line since I started playing until reaching this goal.

[​IMG]

Special mention to Holy2334, muffinasdf, T_Wizzle, and MeowrPower though above the rest, pictured above.

These guys were always available for me when I needed them for the most part. I must have logged in close to over 150 hours hours at least with each of them, while a few listed above we logged in way over that together. We did a lot of long stretches of 600 HP 1 vs 1 matches which resulted in grinding for countless thousands in one day many times. I know I helped them level quite a lot too just as they helped me significantly. During grind sessions with the users above, we'd often grind for usually up to 3 to even 5 hours straight at times, and none the less they were good sports whatever the outcome cause we always played for fun/to level each other. The games were always a blast and made leveling go by so fast as well as the maxing of weapons. If only everyone else could see how long we played and how many games we did a day lol. We gained a lot of levels together and glad to have a big part in all your journeys to level 100 as well. We aren't done yet though, bigger and grander goals are just around the corner for us guys.

*Also wanted to Beagle99 for those stretches when we grinded a lot for a time and then stopped for a bit.*

[​IMG]

Lastly I'd like to thank Tasty Tanks for being a awesome clan. I'm honored to be the first in our clan to reach such an accomplishment. It really feels good achieving such a accomplishment for our clan cause we have such an awesome clan group of friends and skilled players there to help one another not just leveling wise but to also have a fun time along the way like we always do every game we play with one another. I could ask for a better clan and its pretty cool to have gotten to be able to be your leader. I'll be doing my best to help you guys reach 100 in time and reach your goals down the line.

P.S. Seems we even have our own Anti-TT Clan on game as well so that is something to be proud of I guess. >: P

[​IMG]

Below is that chart many kept hearing me reference to when talking about my daily goals to meet level 100 by a certain planned date. Originally it was on a piece of lined paper but I decided to add it electronically and spice it up a little with some colors etc. Hope you find it an interesting page to read.

My Daily Grind Chart to Level 100

My next set of goals that I already had planned and was striving for along the journey are the following.

My Goals
    • Unlock Hidden Blade. (x)
    • Have all the weapons maxed once. (Long shot, but I'm at 99% currently. 311/313 unlocked) (x)
    • Finish the rest of the challenges to get 100% achievements done.
    • Help my clan mates and friends reach their level goals.
    • One day be #1 for the screenshot and to say I accomplished every rank on the leader board in-game. Its not an immediate goal but be nice to do sometime in the future. (x)
    • Eclipse my xp total that I had on SSL2. (x)
    • Have fun playing with no more levels to gain. (x)
    • The future will tell ....
    Progress

6/7 goals completed so far.
    (Continued in the next post ....)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  2. Taylor

[​IMG]

Once again thanks everyone who helped.

I love playing SSL a lot as I did playing the two previous games in the series when I was active on them. I am proud I was able to get Prestige 10 on SSL2 and get 100 here on SSL Steam.

I think if anyone is truly a SSL fan they can see what a fun this game is when you just play for fun with friends despite how slow the updates have been going to some people's disliking. This game has grown so much and proud of the feel/graphics you experience when playing SSL. I can't wait to see what future updates bring and how Kyle will wow us how many more times in the near future like he has already done to myself personally during this Beta so far...

[​IMG]

What ever is coming, at least now I'll be able to buy anything that enters the shop and instantly get any new weapon for all possible levels as its added as well.

[​IMG]
    *My emoticons I acquired from getting all 5 levels of the SSL card badge on Steam. (Pictured below)

[​IMG]

With friends all the grinding didn't feel like much of a grind for the most part and was really enjoyable. With the right friends and people, I could play this 5 hours plus straight and have nothing but fun.(I did how many times already lol) That is exactly what the grind was like to be honest, didn't feel like one really but a fun experience.

Thanks for the ride friends and lets go have so more fun.

See you on the game.

-Google567

*If you don't have anything nice to say below just move along, we have too much worthless drama started cause people are bored and want to cause havoc for fun on the forums. Do it somewhere else and respect the thread at least. I'll get a moderator to clean it up if need be.*

*I apologize to anyone I may of forgotten to thank, but know you weren't forgotten just cause you weren't named personally above. Appreciate everyone who had a part.*

*Everything above was pre-written days ahead of time(9/19/15). Screenshots and edits to "Grind Chart" link were one of a few things added right after reaching 100.(9/22/15 4pm Pacific) Thread was not published right after reaching 100, cause I had to wait a long time for the 30 minute video of game play to upload on YouTube.*

*Had to make two poss instead of the original one post I had in mind due to the fact your only allowed 5 pictures a post.*

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  3. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

you still need one tank upgread that you will never have ! ggs and nice however :p

SubZero and Taylor like this.
  4. muffinasdf

muffinasdf Master Sergeant (10) Member

the ally tank?

5. Holy2334

Holy2334 Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Kyle should add a lvl 101 just to fill up that lost spot.

6. Taylor

He meant the skill tree. Your stuck at 99 filled after level 100 cause you don't get one for level 1.
    Kyle said he's going to do something about it later.
    Possibly giving it to everyone to start or in a challenge like a user suggested to me while I was playing him.

7. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

There could be infinite levels with zero rewards past Lv100, just as how you were able to infinitely prestige in SSL2.

8. Taylor

The video is finally up and is featured where it should of been in post 1.
    Took more than a whole day to upload so shame I had to postpone thread half a day before going through with the posting and just only now more than 12 hours later gettign to post the video that was supposed to go with it. xD

9. MeowrPower

MeowrPower Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

Took about 45 mins to upload >.^

Taylor likes this.
  10. Taylor

Well I'm getting better internet than with higher upload speeds. Though its pretty great to play games with. xD

11. Caillou

Caillou Unconfirmed Member

one small step for man, one giant leap of repetitive gameplay for nearly a year

Taylor likes this.
  12. Destroyer

Destroyer Unconfirmed Member

Anyway Congrates

15Galaxy15 and Taylor like this.